PDA

View Full Version : Going single, which mod resort?

wilcat
10-31-2007, 04:32 PM
There is a chance I may be able to go to WDW next fall. I am going to try for the free dining if they offer it again. My DH just started a new job and won't be able to get any time off for a vacation next year but wants me to go ahead and plan a trip for myself (he is such a sweetie).:cloud9: I think I want to try a moderate resort and wanted to know which one you would pick and why or which resort is good for a solo trip. Thanks for all of your responses in advance. I can't think of another place where I can get honest feedback like here, I guess that is why Intercot Rocks!!:number1:

wdwfan
10-31-2007, 05:33 PM
When I went solo I stayed at POR. CRO knew I was solo so they put me in a great location. I was right next to a quiet pool on 2nd floor and not far from bus stop. I had rental car but didn't use it once. It was great to have the boat ride to DTD. I think for this alone POR or POFQ are good if your alone. Never bothered my walking around in the eve. by myself. The other moderates are larger w/more people. It was during Flower & Garden festival so spent most of my time in Epcot. MK was the only other park I visited. I dined in Teppanyki (Teppan Edo now) which puts you at table with others. I met some great people and had lots of coversations everywhere. It was a great trip, I loved going solo.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-01-2007, 10:58 AM
I love POFQ, and also think that it is good for a single traveller, due to its small size.

You won't be far from the main building, and won't have to walk too far at night by yourself, and it won't be far to go for some company or entertainment, if you're in the mood!

It is also just a short walk, drive or boat ride to POR, if you want to take in the entertainment over there.

Cookie123
11-01-2007, 01:38 PM
I have had 7 annual solo vacations. DH prefers to stay home with our two cats.

For a moderate, I always stayed at POR.
I love it there and was never afraid to be walking alone at night.

Another great idea is to stay at The Swan or The Dolphin. If you can possibly get a Gov't rate, it becomes about the price of a moderate, and at a really fantastic location.

jillluvsdisney
11-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Before I even read the other replies I was going to say POFQ. It's got such nice atmosphere and isn't an overwhelmingly large resort.

Taja
11-01-2007, 02:40 PM
I have had 7 annual solo vacations. DH prefers to stay home with our two cats.

For a moderate, I always stayed at POR.
I love it there and was never afraid to be walking alone at night.

Another great idea is to stay at The Swan or The Dolphin. If you can possibly get a Gov't rate, it becomes about the price of a moderate, and at a really fantastic location.

Swan & Dolphin don't participate in free dining. Otherwise, it would be a terrific option!

Edited to add:

The only moderate I've stayed at is CSR, but I would favour POR or POFQ. Love the boat ride to DTD! :)