PDA

View Full Version : March vs October

DixieBri
10-31-2007, 03:11 PM
Hi! I noticed in the best time to visit section that it said October is generally less busy than March. I and 7 other college-aged students were planning on doing a trip around February 28-March 7, 2009 during our break. We also have a break October 11-18, 2008. I was wondering if there is a huge difference in crowds between the two times or if there were any advantage/disadvantages for either. I've been to Disney many times before but never during those months. Thank you!

MidnTPK
10-31-2007, 03:48 PM
1. It will be a bit less expensive in October: the weeks in Feb.-Mar. are Peak season, while the October weeks are regular season.

2. It's generally a little quieter in October...the week you mention in March is a little before the full affect of spring break, but almost certainly will be busier than anytime in October.

3. Weather is more reliably better in October....pool water is still nice and warm while it can still get chilly in early March.

SurferStitch
10-31-2007, 04:21 PM
October has gotten increasingly more crowded over the past 5 years or so. We were there the first week of October 2005, and the crowds drove us nuts. We left the parks earlier than normal to get away from them. Temps were in the low to mid 90's throughout the trip, and we had high humidity. MNSSHP was packed (much busier than Halloween night in 2004).

We were also there for a 4 day weekend during the first weekend in March 2005. There were really NO crowds. We never waited in any lines. FP's were non-existent. It was awesome!! We also had mid 70's temps and nothing but sunshine. We had AP's at the time, and only paid around $69 per night for a preferred room at Pop.

If we go back in October, it would be late in the month. The early part just seems to busy and hot.

faline
10-31-2007, 04:23 PM
I've never been in March but I do know that the whole period from Presidents' Day through Easter is part of the busy spring break time.

I was just there for almost the same October dates you list. It was busy but manageable. I'd probably go with the October dates.

October does fall within hurricane season though the odds of experiencing one are generally quite low. Evenings in October can begin to get a bit cooler - maybe even requiring jeans and a sweatshirt. Our most recent trip was warm throughout and never required more than shorts and tees.