PDA

View Full Version : Tony's Italian Restaurant at Magic Kingdom

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-31-2007, 09:48 AM
:chef: We will be eating lunch at Tony's one day and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to order. I've also heard they do not have dessert at lunch. Do they let you get an appetizer instead as a substitute for the Dining Plan? My 13 year old loves pizza. Has anyone tried it? Any comments will be helpful.

Mom2princesses
10-31-2007, 10:49 AM
We didn't have lunch at Tony's but we did do dinner. This was such a pleasant surprise to us after reading all the negative comments. Tony's turned out to be one of our best meals of the trip. My dh and dd (10) ordered the white pizza that was served for dinner and they both loved it. I ordered the eggplant dish and it was so yummy. My little one (3yo) ordreed mac and cheese and she finished the whole dish! Our waiter was the best waiter we had in all of our ADR's. We really enjoyed it.

Have a great trip!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-31-2007, 11:31 AM
We didn't have lunch at Tony's but we did do dinner. This was such a pleasant surprise to us after reading all the negative comments. Tony's turned out to be one of our best meals of the trip. My dh and dd (10) ordered the white pizza that was served for dinner and they both loved it. I ordered the eggplant dish and it was so yummy. My little one (3yo) ordreed mac and cheese and she finished the whole dish! Our waiter was the best waiter we had in all of our ADR's. We really enjoyed it.

Have a great trip! I'm glad to hear that because my son loves Italian and I've also heard negatives .

January-2007
10-31-2007, 11:51 AM
We loved this restaurant so much that after going for dinner on the 3rd night of our trip we made reservations for lunch later in our vacation. I got the white pizza for my entree the first time and the second time I got what DH got both times, the seafood pasta dish. Very good. The menu was the same for lunch as it was for dinner, I don't know if that's because we went during the Free Dining promotion or if it's always like that. The dessert is the same at all the meals, it's a sampler plate and it's the only option. DH absolutely adored the calamari and I thought the squash soup was delicious, we got these appetizers on both of our visits. This is one of our new must do restaurants. We sat in the sun room and in the inside dining room and either way, it's a great place. Have a great time!

kakn7294
10-31-2007, 12:46 PM
DH and I ate there waaaaay back in 1993 and were very disappointed with the food then so we avoided Tony's until DD convinced us to go on this last trip. We had dinner there and it was wonderful - we even got to eat outside which I know doesn't sound appealing in August but it turned out to be a nice evening and we got to people-watch those coming in for the P&P party. None of us had the pizza so we can't help you out there but the food was very good. I'm sure that there will be a dessert selection available. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Belle_0717
10-31-2007, 12:53 PM
We love"d" Tony's until we were there 2 weeks ago.

I understand they have to change the menu but we were VERY DISAPPOINTED! As an app, they had breadsticks and sauce. Granted it was expensive considering they were probably "Pillsbury" type sticks and jarred sauce but WE LOVED THEM! One of the reasons we go back. Second, they changed the soup/sandwich selection. They only have one sandwich/panini on the menu PLUS a panini of the day. There used to be 3 on the menu.

We are unsure if we will go back. The food was STILL WONDERFUL don't get me wrong but when you are thinking about something specific, the disappointment overrules the enjoyment.

#1donaldfan
10-31-2007, 01:12 PM
There are a lot of negatives about this place, but I HAVE NEVER HAD A BAD TIME THERE !!! The food has always been very good not to mention the atmosphere.......I normally get the Spag / Meat balls, or Meatball sub.....WOW, is it ever good. You will love it.:thumbsup:

adamsfam5
10-31-2007, 10:19 PM
We enjoyed lunch at Tony's during our last visit. We were hungry and didn't have plans. We walked right in - not many folks there at all - and had a delightful lunch. I know we had dessert - we were on the dining plan. I know Tony's gets a lot of grief on these boards, but we liked it.

jillluvsdisney
11-01-2007, 02:08 PM
The lunch menu has dessert choices on it. I was just looking at the menu the other day because we have lunch ADRs for next week. The best meal we had on our trip last Novemeber was at Tony's.

DessertDivaFL
11-02-2007, 10:12 AM
We are going to be eating there for the first time on 11/15 so "thank you" for all your comments.

MsMin
11-02-2007, 10:26 AM
We ate there last Dec. and most of us were disappointed. I was disappointed with the calamari, it was very fishy, and I ordered the eggplant and it was cold and not very appetizing. We also waited over 20 mins for desert. I think some of our problems were the waiter and that can happen anywhere. My son had the manicotti and loved it. It's very convenient and I wouldn't run back. It's hard to compare it to Coral Reef or Spoodles but does have a fairly nice atmosphere!

septembergirl
11-02-2007, 07:03 PM
The lunch menu has dessert choices on it. I was just looking at the menu the other day because we have lunch ADRs for next week. The best meal we had on our trip last Novemeber was at Tony's.

The lunch menu shows dessert choices but when we were there in September, the server just brought everyone a sampler plate. My DH loved it but the kids weren't crazy about any of it. I enjoyed the Tiramisu but I was trying not to eat too much of it so I just gave it to DH.
BTW, we loved Tony's and had a terrific meal and time there!

LandFan
11-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks for all the info - we will be eating there for the first time in a couple of weeks and I was really leary of my choice but I wanted a bit of a romantic place before our MVMCP...