PDA

View Full Version : Free parking at the Boardwalk?

emerzmom
10-30-2007, 05:20 PM
I just read in another post that there is free parking at the Boardwalk. Is this true? We are planning to hit ESPN for dinner one night and hang out around the Boardwalk for a while. I was planning to park at Epcot and take the boat around to the Boardwalk but if I could park for free...didn't even know you could park there. That would be great! Anyone know?
:car:

laprana
10-30-2007, 05:30 PM
I think the Boardwalk is just like any other resort when it comes to parking. I know that you don't have to pay to park there, but if you're not a Boardwalk guest, you're given a 3-hour time limit for parking. Usually the CM at the guard shack at the resort entrance will give you a 3-hour parking pass when you tell them why you're there - for dinner, just to look around, etc. Then, you're supposed to put that 3-hour pass in your windshield when you park. I know that Disney is pretty strict about people parking in other resorts' lots because they don't want people parking there for free and then spending all day at the park! I think it's especially monitored at resorts like the Boardwalk, Yacht Club, and Beach Club because they're so close to Epcot and MGM, and at the monorail resorts. Hope that helps!!

lighteningqueen
10-30-2007, 07:23 PM
We were thinking of going down there after the parks close during Dec. Since they close so early would this be a nice thing to do. Is the3re water there and can you just sit and watch the goings ons and maybe eat a snack etc. We are staying at the All Stars music would tht be a 3 hour limit for us as well if we decided to drive over there?:confused:

Maleficent's Dad
10-30-2007, 07:43 PM
The Boardwalk is not a "normal resort" in terms of parking. Disney knows that it is more of a destination - perhaps not an all day thing, but lots of people go there for several hours.

I have never experienced a 3 hour parking limit there. We've had many family & friends visit us at the resort when we were staying there, they were never given a parking limit.

The Boardwalk has a separate parking lot for visitors. You will be directed to use it when you reach the security gate.

We were thinking of going down there after the parks close during Dec. Since they close so early would this be a nice thing to do. Is the3re water there and can you just sit and watch the goings ons and maybe eat a snack etc.
There is water at the BW, but you don't really have access to it. You're up on the Boardwalk proper; nice view! There are benches scattered around where you can sit and look out over the water. You'll have a nice view of the Yacht & Beach Club. From some vantage points, you can also see parts of EPCOT. The Swan & Dolphin is also right there, but not that attractive to look at IMO! ;)

There are places to get snacks (ice cream, candy, corn dogs, etc...). There are a few arcade style games down by the Screen Door side. The ESPN Club has a small arcade inside.

We find it an awesome place - wonderful for people watching. You can get a beer to go in either ESPN or Big River (just let the bartender know that you'll be leaving when you order) and you can walk along the BW while sipping! :mickey:

caryrae
10-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Everytime we have gone to Boardwalk we just drove right in. I don't remember there be any security gate. There must be a different parking lot for people staying at he resort. Doesn't every Resort have free parking anyway, there's just a time limit if you aren't staying at that Resort.

DisneyTwirler13!
10-30-2007, 08:31 PM
We've never had to pay, or heard of a time limit, and we've never seen a guard gate with a guard in it. But then again, we were normally there for walking the trail between Epcot and MGM Studios for the Illuminations and the Osbourne Spectacle of Lights, stuff like that, or to hang out at the Boardwalk and the Swan and Dolphin and all the shops

emerzmom
10-30-2007, 09:42 PM
I was not planning on taking advantage of the parking by going to the parks all day while parking there. I just thought it would be great not to have to pay to park some place! Thanks for the info. Intercot is so great!
:rocks:

Maleficent's Dad
10-31-2007, 09:09 AM
Everytime we have gone to Boardwalk we just drove right in. I don't remember there be any security gate. There must be a different parking lot for people staying at he resort. Doesn't every Resort have free parking anyway, there's just a time limit if you aren't staying at that Resort.
There is definitely a security gate. Now whether or not a guard was vigilant in his/her duties is another story! ;)

They do have large *extra* parking areas at the BW. As I stated above, it's not a typical resort where people are given that 3 hour limit.

The entertainment and activities on the Boardwalk do not typically begin until after 6 PM nightly.