PDA

View Full Version : Central Location For Cheap?

Red Randal
10-30-2007, 03:48 PM
I have pretty much no experience with off-site hotels and, honestly, I don't even know too many good places to look. I figured some of you guys could point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for something located centrally to Universal, the Citrus Bowl, and Disney World, in order of importance. Transportation to the parks is a plus. I'm also looking for something "cheap" as in economically worthwhile to stay there instead of a Disney Value Resort (so under $125.)

I'm planning for a group and time is of the essence. Thanks! :thumbsup:

irish1967
10-30-2007, 05:49 PM
How many in a group and for how many days? It may be cost effective to look into a condo rather than hotel rooms.

At least we found that to be the case when we went for a full week (there were 25 of us, we got 3 - 4 bedroom townhomes for around $500 for the week!)

wedway76
10-30-2007, 07:25 PM
We haven't stayed off site since 1996, but before that, we stayed off site about 6 times. Things may have changed since then but in general hotels in the Orlando area have traditionally been relatively inexpensive. Because of the abundance of hotels in the area, you should be able to find something decent for well under $100 a night.

You should also look into Irish's suggestion about looking for a house or condo to rent.

Back in '96 we got a very nice clean room in a Best Western or Days Inn for about $32 a night with a coupon from the Entertainment book.

Piglet822
10-30-2007, 09:34 PM
You may want to check the I-Drive area - there's a bunch of hotels and that's pretty centrally located for the 3 attractions you mentioned.

Red Randal
10-30-2007, 11:21 PM
It will probably be something on I-Drive but it's for the week after Easter, so I'm running into somewhat inflated prices because of the holiday.

I should have been more specific about the "group." I am more in the need for a block of rooms than a condo-type thing. Probably in the neighborhood of 8-12 rooms. I realize I might not even be able to do that at one hotel, but right now I'm just trying to put together some information.

#1donaldfan
10-31-2007, 01:08 PM
Holiday Inn Express off of I 4....exit 68.....8686 Plam Parkway...it's right beside DTD....407-239-8400.....AAA was around 100ish....it had a great pool and Cont Breakfast, which wasn't bad at all......not sure how central this is, but it's gotta be close to what your wanting....might be worth checking.....:thumbsup: