PDA

View Full Version : Which show would you pick to miss?

angedeaile
10-30-2007, 01:14 PM
If there is a show you would be willing to miss, which would it be?
Hercules, The Golden Mickeys or Disney Dreams?

The reason I ask is because we will have to miss at least one of these. I am not sure if these will be the shows playing on our January cruise, but at this point, I am assuming they are.

So why are we going to have to miss one?
We are on a 3 day cruise and are celebrating our anniversary. We feel it is crucial to fit in a dinner at Palo. However, since this is our first time doing a DC, we don't want to miss any of the wonderful restaurants.

We have the 2nd seating, so we picked a 6pm Palo dinner. This way we can still get food at the designated restaurant that night. I already know we will be taking doggy bags.

We would just hate to miss anything! BUT it looks like we will be.

It appears that because we are a late seating and we are eating Palos early, we will be missing the show that evening.

So, getting back to the question!

If you had to pick a show to miss, which would it be?

cardshopgirl
10-30-2007, 01:30 PM
HERCULES! No contest for me!

RobWreck
10-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Hercules was hillarious and Disney Dreams was AMAZING, so while it's a hard decision, I guess I'd have to sacrifice 'The Golden Mickey's".
But let me see if I'm understanding you correctly... you're going to Palo's for dinner, then skipping the show to go have a 2nd dinner? You're going to just take the food from the 2nd restaurant out in a doggie bag? God bless you for having the stomache space for more food on the Disney Cruise (Oh, to be a cow on the DCL with the blessing of 4 stomaches for all the yumminess :D ), but you really might consider just skipping that second dinner and going to the show. Not only is the food at Palo's amazing, but afterwards you're not going to really be able to give one of the other restaurants a fair shake taste-wise after eating dinner at Palo's... and even less when the food is left-overs from a doggie bag.
Rob

angedeaile
10-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Hercules was hillarious and Disney Dreams was AMAZING, so while it's a hard decision, I guess I'd have to sacrifice 'The Golden Mickey's".
But let me see if I'm understanding you correctly... you're going to Palo's for dinner, then skipping the show to go have a 2nd dinner? ...

I just assumed to prevent crowding in the theatre, that DCL enforces the rule that if you have the early dinner seating, you can only go to the later show and vice versa.

Since we are assigned the late seating and we are eating at Palos during the early show, I assume we had no choice but to miss the show.

So you are saying that even though we are scheduled for the early show, we can still attend the late show with the early dinners?

I hope that made sense...

If that is the case, I may have to rethink things a bit.

I just figured since I really want to have an early dinner that day, and that would cause us to have no option but to miss a show due DCL's seating policy, we might as well enjoy the experience and atmosphere of the chosen restaurant that night. Especially if that night it is Animators! I would hate to miss out on that show.

Although, you did make an excellent point about that being a lot of food. If we can sit in on the later show, then I think that is what we will do.

RobWreck
10-30-2007, 02:18 PM
I just assumed to prevent crowding in the theatre, that DCL enforces the rule that if you have the early dinner seating, you can only go to the later show and vice versa.

Since we are assigned the late seating and we are eating at Palos during the early show, I assume we had no choice but to miss the show.

So you are saying that even though we are scheduled for the early show, we can still attend the late show with the early dinners?

I hope that made sense...

Hmm, I actually hadn't considered the theatre capacity, but knowing Disney, if you explain the situation, I'd imagine that there wouldn't be any problem. Besides, it's not like they check tickets at the door, so I wouldn't think there's any sort of problem skipping your 'assigned' show time and catching a later performance.
Rob

TammiMcMan
10-30-2007, 03:10 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't even think twice about it. Enjoy your dinner at Palo and then go to the later seating of the show. You'd be surprised how many people don't attend and there's always plenty of extra seats. I'd definitely skip going to your assigned restaurant after Palo with a doggie bag. One thing you can never do on Disney cruise, is go hungry. They have food out all the time somewhere. It's your anniversary, nest in Palo for a few hours, enjoy an appetizer, chocolate souffle for dessert and an after dinner drink. Don't rush it. Trust me, you really aren't missing anything by skipping one of the other restaurants. If it's the 3 night cruise and your 2nd night sailing, all the menus will be exactly the same due to the Pirates theme. That would probably be a good night skip anyway. You could enjoy Palo, enjoy the theatre show and end your night with fireworks and the pirate show on deck 9.

ElenitaB
10-30-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm with Rob and Tammi.

We found Hercules to be very funny and we enjoyed the pop culture humor. And Disney Dreams is not to be missed. The Golden Mickeys didn't grab me like the other two.

If I could celebrate an anniversary at Palo, I'd do exactly as Tammi says (and make sure when you make your reservation that you mention it's your anniversary, if you can): enjoy and savor the moment!

Happy anniversary (in advance)!

DisneyDudet
10-31-2007, 11:51 AM
When I went on the 4 day, Hercules was HILARIOUS! It brings so much humor to the table for everyone! I wouldn't skip that .

Disney Dreams is WONDERFUL! I mean, the best small stage show I've ever seen! You CANNOT miss that one!

As far as The Golden Mickeys, it was cute, but just alright for me. If you HAD to miss one, I think it would be the Golden Mickeys.

Now, like others have said, Disney doesn't have a big rule on when you can see the show. You are not tied to eating at your restaurant that night, you can skip and go get hot dogs by the pool and see any showing you would like. That is the beauty of it all! Not once did they check our seating times.

As far as Palo's, it is great! I mean, the best food I've ever had. Make sure your server knows you want the chocolate souffle when you order the main course, so that its ready at dessert time!

The only restaurant that is a "don't miss" is Animator's Palette, but only if they do the "show" that night. If they don't do the show in the restaurant, then its rather boring.

pinkpebble83
11-05-2007, 04:54 PM
If I had to skip any show it would be Hercules. The show was good but not nearly as good as Golden Mickeys or Disney Dreams. I would skip Palo any day of the week. I would never go back there and I would say Parrot Cay and Animators Pallet are better and Tritons blows all three out of the water. The food to me tasted like nothing special and I thought all the other food I had while onboard was phenomenal. We went to the brunch and just did not care for it at all. The waiter got an attitude with us because we asked for orange juice vs. champagne since I am expecting and he was so rude about it. I basically only ate strawberries with cream and tried some eggs. They had alot of seafood, cheeses, lunch meat, eggs, panckaes, and other beef items. I know in the end it was not our style at all. It is one of thoes places where the waiter stands over you the whole time and you cant have an intimate conversation because he is constantly there. If you like that type of atmosphere then I would go for it. I would say the view was the best part. We ended up going to eat "regular" food right after. I would put the money from Palo toward another Rasul....

Tavel
11-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Definately go to Palo! And don't worry about skipping any of the other restaurants -- while they are interesting and unique, they don't compare to the special setting and service of Palo.

We're going to be heading to Palo on the first evening of our upcoming 3-night cruise. We are personally opting to skip Hercules, while although funny with some current jokes, we just know the story too well. The other two shows have familiar acts as well, but were packaged in such a great unique way. We also wanted to enjoy Pirates night in a main dining room since we were in Palo the last time.

jray21
12-03-2007, 02:26 AM
I agree with skipping the normal dinner. The shows were never full when we went, especially the late show. Most groups with kids have the early dinner seating time, so by the time the show starts some are just too gone to go. I tried to do the Palo, then dinner thing, but was way too full so we went to the show and I was very glad we did.