PDA

View Full Version : bus stops at parks?

figment
10-30-2007, 12:54 PM
was wondering if there are anything out there that details where certain resort bus stops (terminals) are in regards to the parks?

i.e. pop century is terminal 10 at magic kingdom sort of thing.

just curious how things line up. thanks.

Buttercup
10-30-2007, 01:03 PM
It's different at every park because the bus-stop layout is different at every park. So, yeah, Pop Century might be at #10 at the Magic Kingdom (for example), and that's far away from the entrance.
But at Animal Kingdom, it might be at #12 and be closer to the entrance.
Does that make sense? The actual number of the bus stop doesn't always determine where the stop is in location to the entrance/exit -- so I guess you'd have to look at an actual "map" of the bus stops to get an idea of where every stop is located. Just giving you the stop # wouldn't really tell you where it's located, know what I mean?
I don't know of any map out there on the internet that can show you the locations.

wedway76
10-30-2007, 01:50 PM
Buttercup is right.

As a Value Resort regular I can tell you that the Value bus stops are the furthest away from the park entrance, the Moderates tend to be closer and the Deluxes even closer.

:bus: :bus: :bus: :bus: :bus:

JPL
10-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Also they don't always drop you off at the stop they pick you up at. If another bus is loading people at times they will pull into and empty stop to let guests off if they are not needed for a return trip. I have heard the drivers say a few times I am dropping you at stop (insert #) but to get back to your resort look for stop (insert #)

As for getting back to the resort they are set stops at each park and they usually have a sign telling you the stop number for all the resorts.

jrpersinger
10-30-2007, 03:31 PM
I may be totally wrong here, but can't the bus stops change based on the compacity at a resort and the size of the bus stop needed to accomodate the overflow of riders? Which would mean the bus stop could change on any given day?

BMan62
10-30-2007, 03:33 PM
Someone had put up photos of the bus directories at the parks and DTD a while back. I have the pics of AK, EP, MGM (soon to be DHS) and DTD, but not MK.

You can see them at my Kodak Gallery page:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=18eh1hp1.9v5fs7a9&x=0&y=-ivdygt

If the link is removed due to TOS, PM me and I will send the link.

I'll try to get new photos on our trip next month. Thanks to the original poster (I cannot remember who it was) for the original photos.

CleveRocks
10-30-2007, 10:17 PM
The bus slot assignments at each park change from time to time. In other words, if you stayed at the same resort every year, you would not use the same bus slot every year to catch a bus back to that resort from each park. Like I said, it all changes periodically.

Also, there is absolutely no truth to the rumor that pick-up slots are ordered by level of resort, with the Values being the farthest and the Deluxes being the closest. It might seem that way to tired feet and tired heads at the end of a long day, but it is simply untrue. This is not just my observation from my trips, but is also the word from 2 different Disney Transport drivers who are reliable posters on another board.

This rumor pops up from time to time, but it is unfounded.

Speedy1998
10-30-2007, 10:29 PM
The bus slot assignments at each park change from time to time. In other words, if you stayed at the same resort every year, you would not use the same bus slot every year to catch a bus back to that resort from each park. Like I said, it all changes periodically.

Periodically is an understatement. I have the stops change on me during the same day. Also during the slow time in the afternoon some resorts share buses (values, and a few deluxes), but close to closing all the resorts usually have their own stops.

Also, there is absolutely no truth to the rumor that pick-up slots are ordered by level of resort, with the Values being the farthest and the Deluxes being the closest. It might seem that way to tired feet and tired heads at the end of a long day, but it is simply untrue.

I completely agree with you, I have actually seen ASMovies in the stall closest to the entrance to MGM. However, I have noticed that there are certain stalls that are normally used by the deluxe resort buses that have shorter ques.

In short the best thing to do is glance at the map, listen to the CMs (especially during the closing rush they are usually pointing people in the right direction) and read the signs over the que entrances.

Speedy1998
10-30-2007, 10:40 PM
I just thought of something else, if you are paying real close attention you will notice that there are stops that are not for anything most of the time. I have been there during busy times when these stops suddenly become a second stop for one of the value resorts.

The time this happened to me, a CM got the people half way back in the que to follow over to the other bus stop. Once a second line was established at the other bus stop, the CM stood at the end of the line directing guest to both stops.

wedway76
10-31-2007, 10:57 AM
Also, there is absolutely no truth to the rumor that pick-up slots are ordered by level of resort, with the Values being the farthest and the Deluxes being the closest. It might seem that way to tired feet and tired heads at the end of a long day, but it is simply untrue. This is not just my observation from my trips, but is also the word from 2 different Disney Transport drivers who are reliable posters on another board.

This rumor pops up from time to time, but it is unfounded.

I have never heard any rumors here or anywhere else about the Value stops being furthest from the Park entrances. I’ve come to that conclusion through observation. We’ve stayed at Value resorts 6 times since 2000 and from my observations, while not always the last stop, the Value stops are more often near the end of the bus stops. I know that you are more likely to remember the long walks to the bus stop and forget the short ones, but we’ve taken a lot more long walks than short ones.

We usually go to WDW during weeks that are traditionally crowded, and because the Values tend to have more riders, that my be the reason for the assignment, but believe me it is MUCH MUCH more likely for the Values to be at the end of the stops than anywhere near the beginning.

Even if you look at BMan’s pictures, if not at the end, the Values have high numbers next to them.

Now I believe you and the bus drivers that the criteria used for assignment is probably not the cost of the hotel, but whatever criteria they use, more often than not, the Values tend to come out near the end.

You may be 100% correct it may just be my perception, but I really don’t think so.

playdead88
10-31-2007, 04:33 PM
yeah i have to agree the deluxe and moderate resorts are closer to the entrance of the parks -based on my observation - and we actually had this conversation one morning at the bus stop at the beach club with a cm and she said that deluxe stops at the parks are the closest to the entrances. i personally don't think that it makes that much difference, as much walking as you do in wdw whats a few more steps :mickey:

CleveRocks
10-31-2007, 10:01 PM
I've learned that the only time to take a CM's word for it is when the info is part of that CM's job. I mean, I've heard some of the worst wrong info from bus drivers on things like accommodations, tickets, etc.,, but bus drivers know bus slots, and that's where I've gotten my general bus info. I've gotten horribly wrong Disney's Magical Express info from Bell Services and CRO staff. I've gotten horribly wrong restaurant/ADR information from theme park CMs. And so on. So the fact that a Beach Club CM had incorrect information on bus slotting at theme parks doesn't surprise me a bit.

Now, let me share with you MY personal experiences with 2 recents stays at Moderates.

May 2005 - CBR
MK -- one of the closest slots; there are 3 "lines," and this was the closest slot in the line all the way to the right

Epcot -- the very farthest slot. I'm pretty sure we weren't in Florida anymore

MGM -- pretty close to the entrance, but not the closest

AK -- pretty far from the entrance, but not the farthest

Nov. 2006 - POFQ
MK -- same slot as I had with CBR the last time (the closest one on the right)

Epcot -- pretty darn close to the entrance

MGM -- the very very farthest slot. NOTE: the slot next to us, the 2nd farthest from the entrance, was the slot for Grand Floridian/Polynesian/Contemporary

AK -- pretty far, but not the farthest

The info above pretty much contradicts the idea that buses are slotted by level. It's just simply untrue. If it were true, why the heck was the bus that serves the Grand Floridian, Poly and Contemporary in the 2nd farthest slot from the MGM entrance??? ANd why was POFQ/POR the very farthest???

And at MK, there are 3 "closest" slots, the closest one at the beginning of each of the 3 lines. Knowing that the monorail resorts don't have buses to MK, that still leaves AKL, WL, SSR and the Boardwalk area resorts with buses going to MK. That's 4 buses. If bus slots were arranged by level, then all 3 of the "front" slots would be claimed by deluxes ... so then why, TWICE in my experience, were there Moderates in the first row???

Why was CBR in the very farthest slot at AK???

If you can answer these questions and still cling to your theory that buses are slotted by level of resort, then I'd truly appreciate your explanation ....

wedway76
11-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Now I believe you and the bus drivers that the criteria used for assignment is probably not the cost of the hotel, but whatever criteria they use, more often than not, the Values tend to come out near the end.

The info above pretty much contradicts the idea that buses are slotted by level. It's just simply untrue. If it were true, why the heck was the bus that serves the Grand Floridian, Poly and Contemporary in the 2nd farthest slot from the MGM entrance??? ANd why was POFQ/POR the very farthest???

And at MK, there are 3 "closest" slots, the closest one at the beginning of each of the 3 lines. Knowing that the monorail resorts don't have buses to MK, that still leaves AKL, WL, SSR and the Boardwalk area resorts with buses going to MK. That's 4 buses. If bus slots were arranged by level, then all 3 of the "front" slots would be claimed by deluxes ... so then why, TWICE in my experience, were there Moderates in the first row???

Why was CBR in the very farthest slot at AK???

If you can answer these questions and still cling to your theory that buses are slotted by level of resort, then I'd truly appreciate your explanation ....

I am telling you that I believe you (see the quote above from my original post). I didn't mean to insult or hurt your feelings. I'm just saying that whatever criteria that they do use (during the times that I usually visit), more often than not causes the Values to wind up toward the end.

Look at MGM... The bust stop area is not very big. The Values usually have much bigger crowds waiting for the bus. They can easily block the entire sidewalk. It would be silly to but that bus stop up front and force everyone to fight their way through the All-Star crown to get to their bus stop. It makes perfect sense to put it toward the rear. They may just use the expected return crowd as criteria, based on the booking or capacity of the resort.

ariel03
11-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Someone had put up photos of the bus directories at the parks and DTD a while back. I have the pics of AK, EP, MGM (soon to be DHS) and DTD, but not MK.

You can see them at my Kodak Gallery page:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=18eh1hp1.9v5fs7a9&x=0&y=-ivdygt

If the link is removed due to TOS, PM me and I will send the link.

I'll try to get new photos on our trip next month. Thanks to the original poster (I cannot remember who it was) for the original photos.

:here: LOL you used my pics. :dance:
That is me and my mom in the reflection.
I told staff they could post them on the board in info central so everyone could look at them when they needed to. I figured it could be updated when needed if the bus stops change.