PDA

View Full Version : Should I change our dates??!?!?!

Figgyluv03
10-30-2007, 12:53 PM
DBF and I are going to the world Oct. 19-25th next year. He was works for a pool company and is usually done work by now, however he's working two weeks later than he normally would. So, so you think it would be a good idea to move our plans to November 2-8th? How are the crowds this week? Are the Halloween decorations still up? I really wanted to go for Halloween, but I don't want him to loose out on money either.

faline
10-30-2007, 12:56 PM
That's hard to say. I'd probably try to stay with the dates in October but that's a hard decision if you might lose income because of that.

The New Jersey schools are usually out for a few days around Veterans' Day each year so that tends to drive up crowds at that time.

Figgyluv03
10-30-2007, 01:03 PM
They're off the Thursday and Friday before Vetrens day. And it wouldn't fall on our vacation. I believe next year, it's the 13th & 14th they are off. Not that I wouldn't mind being down there when the rest of my great state is down there, but DBf and I need some time alone and I'm sure we'll run into people we know. No matter where we go, DBf always knows someone.

PirateLover
10-30-2007, 01:23 PM
I see you live by me. This year we've had unseasonably warm weather, which is why I assume your bf is working later than normal. This is the first year I can remember in a while that I haven't worn a hoodie/jacket more than once or twice in the month of Oct. So I wouldn't change my plans based on this year. You would miss the opportunity to go to MNSSHP and I do believe the Halloween decs start coming down and Christmas decs go up as soon as November starts.

SBETigg
10-30-2007, 01:31 PM
It's something only you and your bf can decide. I do think you'll miss out on some of the fun of Halloween but you will probably still have moderate but not unbearable crowds. Why not leave the choice up to him based on his income possibilities?