PDA

View Full Version : Aggravated!

Septbride2002
10-30-2007, 10:41 AM
I am 170 days out of my trip and I called today to make reservations for Le Celliers for my husbands 30th birthday. We are a party of 5 and we cannot get in for dinner the entire week we are there. :noway: I was able to at least secure a late afternoon reservation.

anyone know if I'll still be able to the fillet at lunch?

~Amanda

JPL
10-30-2007, 10:46 AM
Yes the Filet was on the lunch menu when I ate there in October. Of course menus are subject to change but I think something as popular as the filet will remain in place :thumbsup:

SBETigg
10-30-2007, 10:52 AM
This one has become really hard to get if you don't call at 180 days. Sorry you couldn't get dinner, but keep trying to see if there are cancellations. You might get lucky. And lunch is good, too. I don't think they have the mushroom filet on the lunch menu, but they do have a petite filet mignon.

azdisneymom
10-30-2007, 10:53 AM
Don't be discouraged. People cancel ADRs all the time. We were told the same thing, no availablility at Le Cellier during our stay. However we called back 2 or 3 times and finally got dinner ADRs. :joy: I would say if you really want dinner instead of lunch keep trying. Magic happens.

PiratesCove
10-30-2007, 11:35 AM
I totally understand how you feel! I've called for several different places for our trip Nov 11-17 and many of the ADR's are taken. I actually got a Le Cellier ADR for a 12:40 lunch spot that came open as I was talking to the CM on the phone! This was a week ago, not joking! The CM said, I can't believe that you got the ADR because it's booked close to 6 months out! I was very thankful to get it! O'hana was completely full the entire week unless I didn't mind eating past 9 pm, I said no thank you to that one! I would keep calling back, I did and I'm still calling to see if someone canceled an O'hana ADR! Good Luck!

LibertyTreeGal
10-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Yeah, I called on day 180 first thing in the morning and I had to let them tell me what was available! Sorry you couldn't get it :(

CleveSJM
10-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Sorry to hear. Spring break time is a very busy time.

With the 2008 Dining Plan changes making it less cost effective, maybe people will stop buying it and open up the restaurants a little.

I'll still on the phone by 8am on "180 day" everytime though...;)

dolphinmickey9170
10-30-2007, 12:05 PM
The petit filet is an awesome lunch. Just enough to fill you up, but not over stuff you. It is so tender, juicy and delicious. Okay, thats it, I'm leaving now!! I want LeCellier..

DessertDivaFL
10-30-2007, 12:17 PM
I was one of those lucky ones that got Le Cellier reservations 2 months before my trip. She also stated how rare it is to have anything open two months before but that it was probably a cancelled reservation.

It never hurts to call and check, you just never know what may be open.

MinniesMom
10-30-2007, 01:41 PM
Part of the problem might also be your party size. We are a party of 5 as well and were only able to make reservations if we split up as 3 and 2. The CM told me that is was hard to get a ADR at this location for groups greater than 4!

mrsgaribaldi
10-31-2007, 02:04 AM
I would keep trying. I've gotten lucky that way. Good luck:pixie::pixie:

diannamouse
10-31-2007, 11:07 AM
I think MinniesMom is correct. When we go to WDW, we are in either a party of 3 or a party of 5. We have only been able to get a reservation one time at Le Cellier (even calling 180 days ahead). A CM once shared with me that odd numbered parties cannot usually get a reservation at Le Cellier because they only have tables for even numbered groups. Perhaps they know they can turn away an odd number and have plenty of even numbered groups (who will fill the entire table) to put into the time slot???? Maybe they are more willing to grant the reservation for a late lunch/early dinner slot?

SignguyTom
10-31-2007, 11:58 AM
I think MinniesMom is correct. When we go to WDW, we are in either a party of 3 or a party of 5. We have only been able to get a reservation one time at Le Cellier (even calling 180 days ahead). A CM once shared with me that odd numbered parties cannot usually get a reservation at Le Cellier because they only have tables for even numbered groups. Perhaps they know they can turn away an odd number and have plenty of even numbered groups (who will fill the entire table) to put into the time slot???? Maybe they are more willing to grant the reservation for a late lunch/early dinner slot?

Hmmmm.... So our party of 7 ( one of whom is a 9 year old kid) may be completely out of luck...?

diannamouse
10-31-2007, 12:57 PM
Well, I am not sure that a part of 7 would be completely out of luck. If you could get a reservation, it would probably have to be at separate tables with no guarantee that the tables will be near each other. Most likely, if you get a reservation, it will be for a very early dinner or a very late dinner (or else try for lunch).

When we finally got a reservation for 3 (December, 2006), we were scheduled for dinner at 8:10 p.m. When we arrived at 8:00, they told us that their records said our reservation was not until 8:40. We finally got seated around 9:15. We felt that after waiting more than an hour for a table (that we had a reservation for), we were then rushed to make our selections. Our meal came almost immediately after we received our salads. Our 3 year old had already cried himself to sleep in his chair by then. The food was quite good, but all other things considered, it was not our best dining experience!

If you want to experience LeCellier, definitely try to get the reservation 180 days ahead of time and be flexible about your meal time. Good luck!

bleukarma
10-31-2007, 01:03 PM
With the 2008 Dining Plan changes making it less cost effective, maybe people will stop buying it and open up the restaurants a little.

Lets all hope!!!!!!!!

But don't give up on trying for your dinner at Le Cellier. People do cancel. I once got a lunch reservation there and I was just a month ahead, and my day was in the middle of free dining. People do cancel and things do open up. Good luck!:mickey:

irish1967
11-01-2007, 06:25 PM

I wonder if the CM was just trying to make you feel better about not being able to get an ADR.

I can't picture tables that seat odd numbers in any restaurant (and I eat out often)

I don't think this type of policy would be beneficial to WDW dining - people would start making reservations for their imaginary friends or including :mickey2: or :donald: to make an even number. This would wreck havoc on meal preparations and ultimately cost a lot of money.

I think what probably happens is that Le Cellier is THE restaurant to eat at in EPCOT so it fills immediately at the 180 day mark. And don't forget, with an on-site stay, you can actually make ADRs for 10 days, which means that the restaurant is filling up starting 189 days out. It is probably close to full by the time you hit the 180 day mark.

Septbride2002 are your sure the late afternoon ADR is actually lunch? I've had ADRs for 4:30 pm that were dinner ADRs, so maybe you'll be able to get the menu item you want. Nonetheless, keep trying, I've seen enough successes to say that you do have a chance to get a dinner ADRs if you keep trying! Good luck!

lockedoutlogic
11-02-2007, 08:49 AM
It would be nice if everyone would get over the general lovefest with Le Cellier...

It''s very good...but there are alot of other places to go to get a great meal...

It seems as though there are hoards of people that go to Le Cellier every trip...switch it up a little.

It's steak and seafood...not exactly a cultural immersion...

LibertyTreeGal
11-02-2007, 10:32 AM
It would be nice if everyone would get over the general lovefest with Le Cellier...

It''s very good...but there are alot of other places to go to get a great meal...

It seems as though there are hoards of people that go to Le Cellier every trip...switch it up a little.

I haven't been there yet, but if it's good and people enjoy it, why on earth take offense to people liking it? Let them have their "lovefest" -- it isn't worth getting aggravated over.... and not everyone likes trying new things or having exotic foods, so "switching it up" might not add to the pleasure of their trip, but may in fact detract from it.

I love exotic foods, and I also love simple comfort foods. Not everyone does, and that doesn't make my tastes better, or more 'tasteful" -- just makes me different.

SAHDad
11-02-2007, 11:55 AM

That's odd. We're doing a post-marathon celebration dinner at Le Cellier, and I managed to score reservations for 13.

lockedoutlogic
11-02-2007, 07:49 PM
I haven't been there yet, but if it's good and people enjoy it, why on earth take offense to people liking it? Let them have their "lovefest" -- it isn't worth getting aggravated over.... and not everyone likes trying new things or having exotic foods, so "switching it up" might not add to the pleasure of their trip, but may in fact detract from it.

I love exotic foods, and I also love simple comfort foods. Not everyone does, and that doesn't make my tastes better, or more 'tasteful" -- just makes me different.

I can't figure out why everyone always thinks that I'm offended...

I am the absolute LAST cat to get offended by anything on the board...

Anyway...I'm not getting aggrivated by Le Cellier...everyone else is...there are constant complaints about getting tables in the cellar...because the demand is off the charts....

Listen...I've had great food there...but I've also had great food at pretty much every other location both within EPCOT and outside of it....

The demand is not proportionate to quality or experience....

...I'll take any arguments that would like to prove otherwise.....

But for the record...it just seems that location is at times more trouble than it's worth....it's sad for a restaurant to do that to people planning trips....

The destruction of the dining plan in the near future may correct some of these issues...however

TheSorcererofFantasia
11-02-2007, 09:20 PM
I am 170 days out of my trip and I called today to make reservations for Le Celliers for my husbands 30th birthday. We are a party of 5 and we cannot get in for dinner the entire week we are there. :noway: I was able to at least secure a late afternoon reservation.

anyone know if I'll still be able to the fillet at lunch?

~Amanda

We were in the same boat for our Oct trip. Managed to snag a lunch ADR for 1pm on Oct 8th. They did have a 5 oz filet which is now served with smashed sweet potatoes and a dried cherry glaze and it was fabulous! PJ had the NY strip with Yukon gold potatoes and watercress which was also very tasty. However I think I had the better meal ;) Didn't share very much with him for good reason :blush:

tarheelmjfan
11-03-2007, 03:27 PM

I personally think the LC "lovefest" is great! I think it just may be the most overrated restaurant on the planet. ;) Missing a meal there wouldn't disappoint me in the least. It does make other Epcot restaurants easier to get into. Win, win for my family. :thumbsup: