PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a Dole Whip?

DisneyAddict62
10-30-2007, 09:57 AM
After reading so much about these on the boards, I HAVE to try one this time. I have to be honest and say that in 4 trips, I don't remember ever seeing these! Are they at the carts in the parks or in one of the restaurants?

DDuck66
10-30-2007, 10:09 AM
There is a stand located in Adventure Land at the MK. As you enter Advetureland it is located directly on the right. I have also heard that there is a Dole Whip machine at the snack stand at the POLY. I plan on having my quota when I stay at the Poly in May 08!!!

mudpuppysmom
10-30-2007, 10:09 AM
There are two places that I know of that you can get a Dole Whip.

One is at Capt. Cooks at the Poly == they have a machine right there where you can grab yourself one!

The other place is at Aloha Isle as you are heading into Adventureland at the MK....as you cross the bridge on your way into Adventureland the place is on your right hand side. It's a small place, so be on the lookout!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-30-2007, 10:11 AM
After reading so much about these on the boards, I HAVE to try one this time. I have to be honest and say that in 4 trips, I don't remember ever seeing these! Are they at the carts in the parks or in one of the restaurants? :mpumpkin: I agree, I have been twice and have never heard of Dole Whips until I got on the discussion sites. I went to the menus section and found Dole Whips at Aloha Isle in Magic Kingdom. I think it is in Adventureland.

wonderalice23
10-30-2007, 10:18 AM
Wow, two places!!!! Now I can get one to stuff down after my dinner at Ohanas this January!:mickey:

laprana
10-30-2007, 10:23 AM
I just have one word about Dole Whips....Yummmmmmmmm!:D

laprana
10-30-2007, 10:32 AM
I should also add that if you're on the dining plan and you eat a CS meal at Captain Cooks, you can get a Dole Whip for your dessert! :tasty: When you go to pay, all you have to do is tell them that you want the Dole Whip for dessert and they'll give you the cup for it, then once you're done with your meal, you can go back to the self serve machine and fill the cup as much as you'd like! It's great!

kdsjjb
10-30-2007, 10:37 AM
Like some of the others, I too had never heard of these, or seen them on any of my trips to WDW.

Thank you Intercot!

DW and I finally found them on our trip in Sept. What a great treat on a hot day. We had three in a five day trip. DW prefers her float with the vanilla soft serve and the juice. I'm a pineapple/pineapple kind of guy.

I cant wait for our next trip with the kids so they can try them as well. That will definitely be a "must do" from now on.

Be on the lookout though, I was looking for Aloha Isle and still almost missed it.

beksy
10-30-2007, 10:37 AM
That's great--I didn't know it could be considered a desert! Can't wait to get another one in Feb. Don't forget to try the Dole Whip Floats in the MK. In my opinion they are even better than the original Dole Whip! :thumbsup:

caryrae
10-30-2007, 10:53 AM
I love them too. I am lucky enough that the County Fair by our house has a Dole Whip Stand. At the fair I love the pineapple/rassberry swirl.:papple:

DVCWDWMEMBER
10-30-2007, 12:22 PM
I know you will love it. We eat them everytime we are in WDW. Enjoy :joy::yay::eat::figment:

EPCOT84
10-31-2007, 02:51 AM
I am amazed at certain recurring favorites with Intercot members. This is one of them. Part of me asks what is all the fuss over Dole Whip. The other I have learned is the Polynesian. Hmmm, both are tropical.

Dole Whip is at Captain Cook's at the Poly :lei: and Aloha Isle at MK :tikki:. I didn't check on this trip but there used to be a cart with a small sitting area just outside of Cosmic Ray's (the original Tomorrowland Terrace) in Tomorrowland. It was sponsored by Dole and they had frozen :papple: flavor bars and perhaps Dole Whip. Is that still there?

I must confess I love both too, just never thought about it as such an obsession. :cloud9:Ah, the islands . . .:vacation:

DisneyAddict62
10-31-2007, 09:46 AM
:rocks::thanks: That's why I love this board! Can't wait to try one! 21 days to go!!

Vinny
10-31-2007, 10:38 AM
I tried my first Dole whip last week at MK and really enjoyed it. Our family had gone to evening EMH's at MK and just wanted to stop off for a snack. Thats when I remembered that I wanted to try the whips. After sampling some of mine, the rest of the family was in line for their own. It was kind of the perfect snack as the weather was very warm (mid-high 80's at night). Enjoy!!