PDA

View Full Version : I'm Looking for a book to read?

PrincessASquared
10-30-2007, 08:34 AM
My family and I leave for WDW in 28 days.:mickey: I'm looking for a Disney themed book or a book about Disney to read to get me pumped up for the trip. (Not that I need much help.) Do you have any suggestions? Thanks:thumbsup:

teambricker04
10-30-2007, 08:50 AM
I like the Passporter. I could look at it all the time.

JPL
10-30-2007, 08:54 AM
The Imagineering Guide to the Parks are a great read and give you little tidbits of Trivia, design details and Backstories of the lands and attractions.

Here is a link to them on Amazon that will also help out Intercot:thumbsup:

Imagineeringing Guide books (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/102-0367309-6957767?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Imagineering&x=19&y=18)

MyDisneyworld
10-30-2007, 09:11 AM
My family really enjoys "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World". Not all the fancy pictures but it seems to give real world advice and has readers comments of what they thought of restaurants, resorts and rides. Not all sugar coated to make everything sound good like some of the other guide books. Even though most everything is great at Disney. We do get the picture ones for the kids to enjoy and yes we love looking at them also.

Hello in the Metro Detroit area neighbor.....

TBY2225
10-30-2007, 09:25 AM
2nd vote for the Unofficial Guide!

IloveDisney71
10-30-2007, 09:31 AM
The Imagineering Guide to the Parks are a great read and give you little tidbits of Trivia, design details and Backstories of the lands and attractions.

Here is a link to them on Amazon that will also help out Intercot:thumbsup:

Imagineeringing Guide books (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/102-0367309-6957767?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Imagineering&x=19&y=18)
I liked these too. I've read the ones for MK & Epcot. I'm about to start the one on the AK. There's lots of interesting info. in these guides.

brewcrew26
10-30-2007, 10:40 AM
I just got the Imagineers guide. They're so much fun.

If you're looking for fiction, there's a book called Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson. It's about these kids who have to save the Magic Kingdom from animatronics that come alive or something like that. I saw it at my local library but still haven't read it yet.

caryrae
10-30-2007, 10:58 AM
This is a very interesting book I read. It's not a planning book or anything, just a great book about Walt and the Parks and even before the parks. It's called "Since The World Began: Walt Disney World's First 25 Years".

SUMMARY
Since the World Began: Walt Disney World's First 25 Years is the first and only concise, authorized history of "The Vacation Kingdom of the World." This lavish, entertaining, and absolutely unique history of Walt Disney's city of dreams tells the story of America's most popular tourist attraction, beginning with the success of Disneyland and Walt Disney's personal vision of a futuristic planned city in central Florida.

With sidebars sharing insider stories, including the scoop on the World's spectacular landscaping, ingenious environmental awareness programs, and state-of-the-art technology, Since the World Began also features a behind-the-scenes peek at the underground "first floor" of the Magic Kingdom and offers insight into the special training Walt Disney World "cast members" undertake.

Showcasing lavish photos from every nook and cranny of Walt Disney World, this is the ultimate book on the World and should be part of every Disney fan's collection.

robyn221
10-31-2007, 09:07 AM
If you're looking for fiction, there's a book called Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson. It's about these kids who have to save the Magic Kingdom from animatronics that come alive or something like that. I saw it at my local library but still haven't read it yet.

Kingdom Keepers is a very entertaining story, written mostly for the Jr. High market. My niece & I read it together. It definitely gets you in the mood for a visit. The author also has a series of Peter Pan based books as well. And speaking if Peter Pan, there's Peter Pan in Scarlet, which came out a year or so ago. Also intended for the younger reader, it is very well-written and thoroughly enjoyable.

(Gosh, I sound like someone who used to work in a book store . . .!)

Have a great trip!

Robyn

faline
10-31-2007, 09:13 AM
Kingdom Keepers is a very entertaining story, written mostly for the Jr. High market. My niece & I read it together. It definitely gets you in the mood for a visit.

After reading this book, though, you might be a little bit wary about riding It's A Small World!

Tez
10-31-2007, 12:16 PM
Lots of good books out there.
Unoffical guide is GREAT but can be intimidating becaue of it size. If you break down this book by parks and resorts it is not as bad but when you look at it for the first time it is scary!

The passporter is good also. Burnbaums is good but not as detailed as the other two.

We have found that the hidden mickeys and trivia books are fun to read to get a person in the mood and also just reading Intercot! Hidden Mickey's also adds a new dimension to your vacation!