PDA

View Full Version : Whats Your Favorite Thing

LONESTAR
10-29-2007, 07:51 PM
I was just wondering what is everybody's favorite thing to do in FW. Mine is riding around the campgrounds and watching fireworks from the beach.

teambricker04
10-29-2007, 09:16 PM
roasting marshmellows and the movie.

mickey98
10-29-2007, 10:13 PM
Sitting on the Beach at the Marina and doing nothing at all !!!!!!!

SgtTigger
10-29-2007, 10:15 PM
There is so much to do at Fort Wilderness. I love so many things from Trails End, to the campfire which is free. To the boat dock which just feels like a Wilderness.....
The thing I like the most is to ride around and see the way people decorate there campsites around the holidays..... I really need to find someone who has a cart one time since we dont stay there we stay at the Lodge..... I have walked and rode the bus but I really need to ride in a cart around just one time........

:cop: :tigger:

Mrs.Mya
10-29-2007, 10:53 PM
I think mine would also have to be riding around in the golf cart and enjoying the scenery, wildlife, etc. We missed the fireworks from the beach last year, so hopefully we can catch them in a couple weeks !! :D

faline
10-30-2007, 05:58 AM
Sitting in a rocker on the porch at Trail's End!

MCFantasia
10-30-2007, 07:21 AM
Smelling fresh air... listening to the sound of silence... zipping up my tent for the night... the list goes on. :mickey:

Jason Hook
10-30-2007, 08:28 AM
I had to post my top five:

1. Getting my camper set up and settling in

2. Seeing the boat to the magic kingdom for the first time

3. Sitting outside the camper with my family and talking about our trip and what we are planning to do next

4. Riding around the campground in the golf cart

5. Going to the campground stores

ibrowse17
10-30-2007, 09:41 AM
1- When going to the parks early and smelling what the other campers:camp: are cooking for breakfast. 2- Coming back to FW after lunch for a shower and nap before heading back to the parks for the evening. 3- Exploring the other loops on our cart.:atv: 4- The water front area. All the boats, relaxing on a hammock, the water parade and fireworks.:fworks: 5- Trail's End:eat: Just some of the things we love about FW.:thumbsup:

medic9016
10-30-2007, 07:16 PM
The slower laid back pace. It seem like the other resorts are go,go,go all the time. The people at FW will take the time to talk and have a convesation. I also like seeing the other RVs.

TheMartellFamily
10-30-2007, 07:25 PM
I can not pick just one. The 1st is after check in finding the site where we are going to stay for the vacation. 2nd is going to the campfire and movies at night. 3rd hearing the boat horn first thing in the morning this means that I am here. 4th is going on the boat and seeing the castle the first time on each vacation. Man there are so many things. Another one that we like is watching the night water parade from the beach. The HDDR another fav of ours. I could just keep going.

LCPZA
10-30-2007, 08:36 PM
I love and miss FW. I love to drive around on the Golf Carts and looking to see how people have decorated their campers (During xmas time). Swimming and wondering when a 4 legged animal is going to join me (IT HAS HAPPENED EVERY TIME WE STAYED) and last but not least sitting outside on the deck and enjoying the smells and sounds of FW.
One day when I have no points left for the year and I really need a DIsney fix FW will be on my list.

RJAMV5
11-01-2007, 08:56 AM
Meeting other campers from throughout the U.S. It's great to learn how it went for them while driving from thier home state to WDW. It's also great to find other campers from your hometown that are near your site.:mickey:

yacht45
11-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Being there, it's just peaceful (I live in the country, but still hear road noise) then the sounds of FW, boat horns, children playing, golf carts. Going down to the Lake, hearing water slapping against the dock pileings.It's going to be a Magical Day in 21 days when we pull up to the gate at FW. :cloud9:

first time reply, been reading for a while

Dopey_Duc
11-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Ours would have to be:
1. riding our bikes on the trails
2. renting the sea raycers
3. waking up really early to a fresh pot of coffee and sitting outside soaking in all that fresh air.

RocklandRVers
12-27-2007, 08:32 AM
This is a tough one. I have to agree with so many things already listed.

I think our favorite involves a combination of things. First is a ride on the golf cart up to Pioneer Hall on the first night we arrive. The smell of the food cooking, the pine scent from the trees, the banjo music playing along the path and sometimes the clip clop of the horse pulling the hayriders all combine to immediately put us in a Disney mood.

Camping Mom
01-03-2008, 06:40 PM
My favorite thing to do when I get to Ft. Wilderness is shout for joy because WE ARE THERE!!:party:

I love the slower pace and the friendliness of everyone. I love sitting in the rocking chairs at Crockett's Tavern and listening to the boat whistle. My kids like to play homerun derby on the beach even though the outfield now has hammocks there! :mickey:

We just returned from being there for Christmas so walking around or driving around to see the camp site decorations was a must. Some were themed, some were extravagant and some were just plain "The Griswalds" from
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Where do they store all those decorations???:confused:

robyn221
01-12-2008, 09:06 AM
My favorite thing about staying at FW is being able to walk out on my cabin porch in the morning with a hot cup of coffee and just enjoy a few minutes of quiet time before we hit the parks.

Wish I was there right now . . .!:mickey:

Robyn:mickey:

Not2Loud
01-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Such a loaded question.

1. I love being away from all the hustle and bustle, but still at WDW.

2. I love the quiet that FW offers.

3. I love the campfire and movie.

4. I love driving around FW in the golf cart with DD4 and playing on each and every playground.

5. I enjoy talking with others that I meet at above mentioned playgrounds.

6. I love sitting on the porch in the morning and feeling relaxed.

7. I love seeing kids playing at their sites or on the playgrounds. Its nice to see them not on a computer, watching tv, or playing video games.

8. I love riding the boat from FW to the Contemporary.

9. DD4 loves the petting zoo and pony rides.

10. I love that it feels like visiting an old friend every time I go.

TheMartellFamily
01-13-2008, 03:21 PM
I love the feeling too that is has as to being an old friend. I think I have this feeling as for I have such history here. Now we do not have a camper but like to visit it each time we are at WDW. I guess it is just to say hi

LONESTAR
01-13-2008, 05:08 PM
Such a loaded question.

1. I love being away from all the hustle and bustle, but still at WDW.

2. I love the quiet that FW offers.

3. I love the campfire and movie.

4. I love driving around FW in the golf cart with DD4 and playing on each and every playground.

5. I enjoy talking with others that I meet at above mentioned playgrounds.

6. I love sitting on the porch in the morning and feeling relaxed.

7. I love seeing kids playing at their sites or on the playgrounds. Its nice to see them not on a computer, watching tv, or playing video games.

8. I love riding the boat from FW to the Contemporary.

9. DD4 loves the petting zoo and pony rides.

10. I love that it feels like visiting an old friend every time I go.

I love the feeling too that is has as to being an old friend. I think I have this feeling as for I have such history here. Now we do not have a camper but like to visit it each time we are at WDW. I guess it is just to say hi

I agree about the old friend. It one of the few vacation spots that feels like home.

TxTink
01-21-2008, 02:27 PM
:tink:Mine's riding around FW in the golf cart w/ my DH listening to our SpectroMagic or Magic Kingdom music CD.