PDA

View Full Version : Howard Johnsons

poohmom787
10-29-2007, 07:51 PM
Anyone here ever stayed at Howard Johnsons near Millies? I booked our stay there for next month and just wanted to get an opinion.

E-OR
11-17-2007, 11:46 AM
Please let us know if you liked the Howard Johnsons. We are planning a spring trip and are debating between Candy Cane Inn and Howard Johnson. How far is it from the main gate. We have always stayed on site before but want to save a little money this trip.

Donalds Duckie
11-24-2007, 08:31 AM
I like the HoJo's and stay there whenever I stay off-site. I love the Disneyland View rooms looking directly across Harbor Blvd. at the Matterhorn, fireworks, monorail, etc. You cannot get that view at a DLR Hotel.

HoJo's is a bit closer to Main Gate than Candy Cane Inn, but both are close. I can definitely walk to HoJo's quicker than to Paradise Pier or even the Towers at DLH. And, HoJo's is right next to Mimi's Cafe which is a fav restaurant of mine.

I always look ito Candy Cane Inn but I always to with HoJo's because of the Disneyland view room and better rates.

You won't go wrong with either, but I just love that Disneyland view room at HoJo's.

nmbullrdr
12-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Our family of four stayed there for 9 nights at the beginning of September this year. We had a Disney view room on the 5th floor. Check in was a breeze, staff friendly. Packed for 14 days on the road. Plenty of space in closet and dresser. Table and chairs, plus a balcony. One night Honda had DLR for after hours and we had the best view of the fireworks show on a Thursday night. They have nice Neptune washers in the basement. Housekeeping was efficient. Pools and hot tub was welcomed (it was a heat wave when we went, 105 degrees). It is about a 6 minute walk to DLR, maybe a 10 minute walk back at the end of the night. Mimi's next door has really good food. McDonald's on the way to DLR as is Quiznos, IHOP, and Dennies.

You can't beat this hotel if the price is right. It is clean, nice pools, nice views, and close enough to walk to DLR. If I can't stay at the Disneyland Hotel, I would definitely stay here again.

J.T.Toad
12-07-2007, 12:02 PM
I agree with the other posters, You can't beat HoJo. Not to mention you can walk to Millies or Mcdonalds for 1/2 the price of park food.You might want to check if they have AAA or senior discounts available.

JT