PDA

View Full Version : Early 80's Emporium Bag

FamilyBand1
10-29-2007, 06:06 PM
Does anyone still have, or can direct me to images of, the shopping bag from the Emporium during the early 80's?... most of the 80's from what I remember. Bringing home that bag was ususally a bigger deal to me than what was in the bag. I wish I could see one again.

It's the purple/blue and orange collage with a woman and SM on it (from what I remember anyway).

EPCOT84
10-30-2007, 01:26 AM
Hey you got me thinking. I like to keep a sample of the bags from each WDW and DL trips and yes the design sounds familiar. You may have me going through my Disney stuff to find it !

Also great idea for another thread or a website- images of the various store bags over the years. That would be fun to see !:mickey:

FamilyBand1
10-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Great idea! I'll look thru my parents house. Maybe they have an old bag lying around. I hope you find something!!:thumbsup:

FamilyBand1
11-21-2007, 10:08 AM
Found the bag on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/WALT-DISNEY-WORLD-THEME-PARK-GIFT-SHOP-BAG-VINTAGE_W0QQitemZ150169989453QQihZ005QQcategoryZ13 80QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Also found the 70s bag I was looking for, too!
(Link removed per INTERCOT's TOS) (scroll down)

EPCOT84
11-22-2007, 03:46 PM
Yes, I did find them yesterday, including the one on your e-bay link. I still like the idea of (someone) building a webpage of them, not to sell but for simple nostalgia.

It still amazes me e-bay sellers spend so much time just to sell something for a couple of bucks. The time to pack, wrap and ship seem so not worthwhile for a small item like that bag.

Glad you found the '70s one you were looking for. What you described sounded familiar to me and now I recall why. There was a similar style at Disneyland around the same time !