PDA

View Full Version : 3D Glasses for Osbourne Lights

BluewaterBrad
10-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Can anyone please tell me more? Where can you get them, etc. Thanks! We show the lights for the first time last year and we will be seeing them again soon! Thanks for any help!:mickey:

jpH/keD
10-29-2007, 05:08 PM
Subscribing!!!! I have been reading about the Osbourn Lights for over a year. I have talked w/ lots of people who have seen them first hand and NEVER has anyone mentioned 3D glasses??:confused: I would like to know what info you get on this topic! We go in 18 days!!:party:

ElenitaB
10-29-2007, 05:21 PM
The glasses are not 3D, but rather holographic lenses that add a little "extra" to points of light. Different years they have had different "extras" but the ones that come to mind first are the angels. So each light you look at while wearing the glasses, has an angel accompanying it. They are handed out by CMs at the entrances to the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/osbornelights/default.asp) and are really wonderful.

We save them and my DS and his friends use them when we go visit the lights in a nearby neighborhood that goes all out decorating for Christmas.

wedway76
10-29-2007, 05:25 PM
We haven't been to Osborne since most of it was on Residential street, and back then they did give out glasses that resembled cardboard 3D glasses that made each individual light look like a snowflake or an angel. One year they looked like snowflakes and one year they looked like angels. I'm assuming that each year they changed the shape. I actually put one lense in front of my video camera and you could see the effect on video.

They handed them out on New York Street as you walked in.

We saved our too.

BluewaterBrad
10-29-2007, 05:34 PM
Thanks guys!!:mickey:

SgtTigger
10-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Sorry to say thay have not given them out in the last 2 years.....

Maybe they will start again..........

:cop: :tigger:

DisneyTwirler13!
10-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Yeah, sad to say, but these past few years, they have not given out glasses, but I do remember my dad complaining about that when we found out about it. I liked the glasses, and I want them to bring them back

mousetrapper
10-29-2007, 08:28 PM
That would have been cool but that's OK! I'm just so excited to see the lights in a few weeks!! It'll be our first time....

:D

dolphinmickey9170
10-29-2007, 08:59 PM
There are several places on line you can get glasses for holiday lights, fireworks etc. Just google, "3-D glasses". They are really cool, there are some that you can order that don't have a high purchase limit. I think the lowest I found were like a 25 minimum. They were only $8.00 for the 25. Also, I think craft stores have them too.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-29-2007, 11:33 PM
Or you can do what everyone else did - take them from Muppet 3D. But they might get you in trouble since I saw CM's taking them away last year.

I'm saving mine from HHN and bringing them.

emfleck
10-30-2007, 08:46 AM
Don't forget to look for the black cat.:blackcat:

JPL
10-30-2007, 08:47 AM
The 3D or angel glasses as I have heard them referred to by CMs went the way of the almight Disney Budget cut. It was a nice effect but the lights are still great even without them.

Bringonthemouse!
10-30-2007, 05:57 PM
I picked up a pair of the glasses at our local Michaels craft store. They are designed specifically for viewing Christmas lights/decorations. A very neat effect appears when you put them on and look at lights. They were about $3. Can.

SgtTigger
10-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Or you can do what everyone else did - take them from Muppet 3D. But they might get you in trouble since I saw CM's taking them away last year.

I'm saving mine from HHN and bringing them.

This is not the same thing....... the effects are not 3-D the glasses are what makes them look like Angels or Snow Flakes different glasses for different years.....

mickeys_princess_mom
10-31-2007, 12:12 PM
Lowe's has four different kinds of the glasses--very reasonable.:wave:

kakn7294
10-31-2007, 12:49 PM
I never saw the lights with the glasses but I can tell you they are still quite awesome without any special effects glasses! It would have been great to have those too but I don't feel that I really missed anything by not having a pair.

merlinmagic4
10-31-2007, 02:03 PM
So, I take it the Osborne lights are worth seeing? We are going on a four day trip and have no plans for the last day. It was either going to be Epcot, MGM (or DHS), Blizzard Beach, or another day at Sea World.

I think we'll do MGM!! Then I get to see Fantasmic! too which is a favorite of mine :mickey:

SgtTigger
10-31-2007, 02:24 PM
So, I take it the Osborne lights are worth seeing? We are going on a four day trip and have no plans for the last day. It was either going to be Epcot, MGM (or DHS), Blizzard Beach, or another day at Sea World.

I think we'll do MGM!! Then I get to see Fantasmic! too which is a favorite of mine :mickey:

Do you like Christmas Lights?????

If so this is Mega Christmas Lights..... and last year they even danced to the music......

Yes, it is a must do if you are going while they are up........ we go every year and must go see it.......
Some facts..
-- 5 million lights
-- 32 miles of extension cables
-- 66 snow machines
-- 100 gallons of snow fluid a night
-- 43 hidden Mickeys
Oh yea.........

merlinmagic4
10-31-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm there! I just booked a VERY early dinner at Sci-Fi because we've never eaten there and it looks like fun for my 10 and 7 year olds. I LOVE Christmas lights :cloud9: Now I have another new "event" to look forward to on our trip!