PDA

View Full Version : Am I Crazy To Do This???

MMouse6937
10-29-2007, 04:29 PM
So I am actually considering taking advantage of the Disney Visa promotion for Jan/Feb and taking a second trip next year. Would that be crazy??? We would have to completely commando style it: value, no dining plan, etc but I would absolutely love to go twice in one year. I can't give up our Sept trip as that's tradition, but I would love to take advantage of this "deal". Does everyone think this is a good promo or are they just suckering in people like me who dream of a year with two Disney trips?

:cloud9:

Itchy
10-29-2007, 05:18 PM
:thumbsup: I am trying to get into this special as well. MY kids think that I am nuts:spend: but the way it look at it is all of my kids are grown and now I can do what I want..:thumbsup::dance: SOOOOOO! go for it.

BMan62
10-29-2007, 06:50 PM
I can't say that you're the least bit crazy -- DW and I decided to go for the special this past Feb. (same deal they are offering for Jan/Feb) because it had been over a year since we had our WDW 'fix.' Just about a month ago, she sent me an IM at work to see if I could get us in before the end of this year!! So now we are going the Wed. after Thanksgiving. We had already made plans, and pre-booked our trip for Sept. '08!!! Next thing you know, we'll need APs!!!

PetefromRI
10-29-2007, 08:59 PM
We went 3 times in the last 12 months.We would like to continue to go 3 times a year so we bought an AP which already saved us about 300.00 on our last trip.If it makes you happy,go for it!!!

teambricker04
10-29-2007, 09:11 PM
We go at least twice a year, usually three if we don't have family things like weddings or babies.

Soooo... I don't think your the least bit crazy.

Tink#64
10-29-2007, 11:55 PM
I would do it in a minute if I could! We chose to do something other than WDW this year, :( although now I can't remember why! :confused:. We went to Myrtle Beach & had a fantastic time, but we're missing WDW sooo much, & DH just started a new job today & we are looking at next October before we can go, I'm so sad.:(

So if it was me - I'd definitley do it if I could!
Go - Enjoy!:party:

faline
10-30-2007, 06:08 AM
It you can manage it financially, why not?! Just be sure you won't be disappointed with your September trip if you have to cut back to afford it!

tennantsrwe
10-30-2007, 07:20 AM
Why not? If you're in a position to go, then GO! :thumbsup: The only thing I would be concerned about is dining...but thats only because it saves us a ton of $ over the entire trip.

pogo
10-30-2007, 07:27 AM
I'm so jealous ! :envy: Yes.... if you and Mike want to go again, and can afford it, then do it! Just send Patti and I a postcard, OK ? :D

TBY2225
10-30-2007, 09:29 AM
We are doing just that! We have Sept already booked for 2008 with free dining. Thanks to the promo to book while we were in Disney last month. DH and I decided to try to do 2 trips in 2008, so we are doing an adult only commando style weekend in Jan. (Our Christmas gift to each other and we have asked others for money instead of gifts as well.) I am a BIG planner, and have already started planning for Sept, but we are winging the Jan trip. I have never done it that way and I am actually looking forward to going in the cooler weather and not having to worry about ADR's!

IloveDisney71
10-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Go for it! There was a year when I got to go 3 times within a 8 month period. I loved it every time I went!
I wish I could do that all the time.
You won't mind staying at a value resort and you can live without the dining plan. That's what we've done several times in the past. Go and have fun!:mickey:

DDuck66
10-30-2007, 10:18 AM
I say go for it!!!! Since October 06, we have gone 6 times. Is is so cool since we only live about an hour and a half away!! I used to live about 7 hours away and we tried to always make it at least twice a year.

Figgyluv03
10-30-2007, 12:58 PM
I would say go for it. If I could and had the money, I'd be going twice a year. I haven't been there since 01 when I worked there, so I need a lot of catching up to do.

#1donaldfan
10-30-2007, 01:06 PM
If you've got the cash and time, DO IT !!!! Why not, Disney is the best place on earth anyway and why not be there every single time you can....If we could we would, but unfortuantly we're stuck as a one time a year family.....maybe one day we can work it out to go ALL the times we want......can you believe the DW is talking about the beach instead of Disney for '08....yuck......I might have to demote her as a DW and make her just a W....

PirateLover
10-30-2007, 01:19 PM
We just went in May.... and now we'll be back in December! It was a last minute decision but we, too jumped on a deal and aren't using the dining plan this time either. Have fun!:mickey: