PDA

View Full Version : Rainforest Cafe at AK

Goofy Pluto
10-29-2007, 03:59 PM
Hi everyone.

Is the Rainforest Cafe at AK open past the park closing time or only open during park hours? I'm wondering if we could go there for dinner after the park closes. Also, any experiences here? I've heard the DTD RC is very crowded for dinner and was just wondering if this was an option.

Thanks.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-29-2007, 04:20 PM
Hi everyone.

Is the Rainforest Cafe at AK open past the park closing time or only open during park hours? I'm wondering if we could go there for dinner after the park closes. Also, any experiences here? I've heard the DTD RC is very crowded for dinner and was just wondering if this was an option.

Thanks.:eat: I'm not really sure about their hours but the restaurant isn't actually inside the park. You actually have to exit the park to eat because it is located just outside the park. I've never eaten at the DTD location, but have eaten at AK location every visit.

tiaramom
10-29-2007, 04:23 PM
Quick Thought
I Would Avoid Rain Forst Cafe
There Are So Many Other Great Restaurants In Disney.

The Food Isnt Great- Or Even Very Good
Have Fun Choosing The Many Great Dining Spots At Disney.

Tusker House Is Opening A Character Buffet For Breakfast.
If You Were Looking To Stay At Animal Kingdom. Yak And Yeti Will Open Soon Too. I Dont Know When Your Going
But Think Soemthing Else Besided Rain Forest. Its Just Okay.....

xipetotec
10-29-2007, 04:31 PM
Quick Thought
I Would Avoid Rain Forst Cafe
There Are So Many Other Great Restaurants In Disney.

The Food Isnt Great- Or Even Very Good
Have Fun Choosing The Many Great Dining Spots At Disney.

Tusker House Is Opening A Character Buffet For Breakfast.
If You Were Looking To Stay At Animal Kingdom. Yak And Yeti Will Open Soon Too. I Dont Know When Your Going
But Think Soemthing Else Besided Rain Forest. Its Just Okay.....

I disagree. It's true that the food isn't FANTASTIC, but we find it good at least. And given that it's the one at AK they're talking about, I've found it a fun way to thematically end a day at the AK.

THAT BEING SAID, you do pose a good point in that finally AK is opening up some REAL dining opportunities that could be equally as fun, if not better. And given that, i'd be curious to see some reviews when they open. I'm looking forward to trying out Yak and Yeti ( counter, or table, or both ) when we're down next March!

merlinmagic4
10-29-2007, 04:48 PM
We're eating there in a couple of weeks and we have a 5:00 ADR. The park closes at 5 so, yes, it is open later :) I think my kids will love the atmosphere, especially my 19 month old!

The CM told me you can enter the restaurant from inside or outside the park.

Good luck :mickey:

dog-ears
10-29-2007, 06:10 PM
We've always had a good experience there - the food isn't to die for but it was good, service was good and the atmosphere is fun.

I've had the same good experience (it seems to be consistent) at the DD location as well as in Nashville and a few other cities.

ThanxForNoticin
10-29-2007, 07:11 PM
I believe the RC at AK is open for a couple hours past closing of the park. I understand they will run buses until all guests are gone.

I know this is one of those restaurants that most people really like, but there are a few folks who don't - actually, that's true of most of the Disney restaurants. Everyone has their personal tastes and experiences. But we always highly recommend either RC at Disney. It is lots of fun, the food choices are different and very good, and our experience with service has always been very good. It has always been a favorite of our kids, too - which is always a plus. Hope you get to enjoy an evening there.

jkj1224
10-29-2007, 10:23 PM
I've eaten at both the DD and AK locations and would say that typically the one at AK has had little to no wait most of the times we've been there, and I've waited quite some time for a table at the DD one...be sure to save room for dessert if you like chocolate the volcanoe is huge :D

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-30-2007, 03:50 PM
:chef: I think the food is pretty good and the menu has a good variety. However they do not take the Dining Plan and you have a nice variety to choose from at Downtown and may not want to eat at that RFC. Animal Kingdom is very limited in restaurant choices, so go ahead and try it. Average entree price $15-25

Stormer
10-30-2007, 08:11 PM
We enjoy eating at the Rain Forest when we are at Animal Kingdom. When we were there in Aug. the one in AK took ADR's, but the one in DTD did not.

King Triton
10-31-2007, 12:47 PM
It does stay open a little later than the park, but not a lot. I'm guessing it stays open until around 8, but not much beyond that.

One time a couple of years back I accidentally left my credit card there and I drove back to get it..I think it was just after 8 and there were only a couple of people still seated and they were definitely cleaning up.

Goofy Pluto
10-31-2007, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the info, everyone. I've actually been to RC a couple of times and do like it, but have not been to the ones at WDW. We are going to Tusker House for lunch one day and plan to eat at plenty of other WDW restaurants, but I actually was just at RC in Towson, MD, last weekend and my kids liked it. I thought they might like it again plus I might be able to to get some gift cards and not have to pay much if anything to eat there.

In any event, the jist of my question is how late are they open? And, if the park is already closed, can you drive over to the restaurant to eat there at like 6:00 if the park closes at 5:00, for example? Just wondering about restrictions as far as going there and what are the hours.

Thanks.

King Triton
10-31-2007, 04:18 PM
As I said, I'm guessing they're open until about 8. I would recommend you call them directly (407-938-9100) to find out for sure.

As far as the driving question goes, you can access the Animal Kingdom parking lot until very late...at least an hour past the closing of the last park...that would be no earlier than 10, since Epcot is always open at night.