PDA

View Full Version : How to do this??

disneygirlie11
10-29-2007, 03:21 PM
We are going from AK to Osprey Ridge. Is there anywhere at Animal Kingdom that we can store golf clubs? I can't seem to think of a good way to get to the golf course with our clubs! I think the best way to actually get to the course will be to take a taxi. Any other ideas? Thanks :)

Beast_fanatic
10-29-2007, 09:34 PM
Are you staying on property? If so, I believe they'll transport your clubs to the golf course for you from your resort.

I'm sure a golfer will be along soon to provide you with firsthand info...

Deansgal85
10-30-2007, 10:32 AM
We are golfing one day of our vacation....but renting clubs. BUT from what I have read..if you are staying on property, the resort will take your clubs to the course and I'm pretty sure they give you a voucher for a taxi, too....if you call the # I'm sure they can tell you. HAVE FUN!:mickey:

Tez
10-31-2007, 11:38 AM
We golfed Lake Buena Vista last year and stayed on property. We did rent our clubs. They offer taxi service for free for people staying on property. You just go to the bell service people and set up a time you want to be picked up and tell them it is for golf. When you are ready to head back to the resort you tell the clubhouse people and then they call you the cab and take you back to the resport.

If you are not staying on property I would call the 800 golf number and ask if they have a locker to store the clubs at. Pretty sure AK does not have a place to store your clubs.

disneygirlie11
11-01-2007, 10:05 AM
I know that I can do all that at the resort. I'm coming from AK not a Resort. That was my question, sorry I wasn't very clear :mickey: I'm going to call and find out from WDW. Thanks everyone

Beast_fanatic
11-01-2007, 05:34 PM
I realized you were coming from Animal Kingdom, but I was suggesting that you have your resort transfer your clubs directly to the course so that you didn't have to take your clubs to Animal Kingdom with you.

Maleficent's Dad
11-01-2007, 07:00 PM
I've golfed several times at WDW and will again in three days!

They're very good about transporting you to the course. They're even better about transferring your clubs from ONE course TO another if you're golfing more than once during your stay.

I can't answer your question because we've only gone from the resort to the course. This is an incredibly easy process. You go to the bell services desk or valet parking attendant and let them know you're going to a golf course. They get a cab for you and give you a voucher.

The voucher you receive covers the cost of the fare and the tip for the driver. The taxi will take your clubs to the course.

If you're playing another course during your stay - even if not on consecutive days - you inform the staff at the first golf course you play. They'll take your clubs and ensure that the clubs are at the next course for your next round.

Okay - To get back to your original question.
Can you get from AK to a golf course? I don't know. :scratch: I'm embarrassed to say that. :blush:

If Disney can't answer you over the phone, here are two options:
1. Once you get to the resort, ask the person who's in charge up front (at bell services or valet). They're used to getting people transferred and should be able to answer this. Perhaps they can give you a transfer that you can use at AK to the golf course. They just give you a small yellow sheet of paper at the resorts, anyway. I can't see why they wouldn't be able to do so from the AK.

2. If you can't get there from the AK, consider taking Disney transport back to your resort and then transferring. It would only add an extra 30 minutes on to your day after all.

Please let us know what Disney says. I'm interested to hear.

BTW, I'm surprised that you don't just return to your resort for the transfer to the golf course. (Unless you're staying off property.)
I'm doing that exact thing on Monday & Tuesday this week - park in the AM, then back to the resort before golfing! :golf:

In any event, please let us know what Disney says!

Sorry for the long winded post...:blush: