PDA

View Full Version : Victoria & Albert's

julyjewel
10-29-2007, 03:21 PM
My Dh and I are going to WDW in Dec. 2008 for our 10 year anniversary. He surprised me the other night by telling me that he wanted to take me to V & A 's for our special day. If you have had an experience there please share. Does the 180 ADR rule also apply? Any and all info would be helpful in planning this very special dinner for next year.:mickey:

g0189a
10-29-2007, 04:39 PM
I think the ADR rule is different for Victoria & Alberts. Not sure how different it is, but it does not hurt to call.

We ate there once and it was really great! I also recommend the wine pairing optional menu too. It has some nice selections. We went with friends and it was even more fun that with just the two of us. It's a long dinner of many courses so know you're going to be there for a while. It's well worth it! Have fun!

Glenn

garymacd
10-29-2007, 06:58 PM
You will have a great time at V & A's. Definitely go for the wine pairing. You can see our menu from our 25th anniversary dinner in Intercot's Info Central.

I believe we booked our reservations with less than 60 days before our arrival. The restaurant will contact you about two weeks before your dinner to check on name spelling and specific dietary requirements or allergies. Make certain you tell them this is your tenth anniversary. It will be printed on your personalised menu's, which you get to keep.

Your meal is eight courses long. Each course is fairly small, but you won't leave there hungry. With wine pairing, you will get to try many different wines you would never get a chance to try anywhere else, and you won't leave "under the weather".

:wine:My beloved wife thought I was about to say something really romantic near the end of the meal, but all I said was, "I can't feel my feet!" It passed quickly. Consider taking a taxi that night. I wanted to take the Monorail all dressed up, but my wife wouldn't hear of it.

Definitely order coffee at the end of your meal. It is a show unto itself. I don't drink it myself, but I liked the process and my wife said the coffee (even decaf) was excellent.

Be prepared to spend at least 2 to 3 hours over dinner, and expect to be pampered just the way you might see in old movies. The waiters and Maitre d'Hotel called us by name throughout the meal.

The food was excellent, as you might expect for a meal costing as much as it does. We paid just over $400 for the two of us. That included all eight courses at $105 each, wine pairing for each of us at $55 each, after dinner drinks and tip.

Listen carefully to the pianist or harpist. I won't tell you what they play. It took me some time to figure it out.

There is also, apparently, a chef's table available in the kitchen, where you can speak with the chef during the meal. He will tell you about the food and wine and you see it prepared. Some people here have had that experience. Some liked it some didn't. I will leave it to them to tell you about it.

Enjoy! And congratulations on reaching your 10 year milestone!

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Victoria and Alberts is amazing!!!!!!!!! My husband and I went with our friends a few years ago and loved every minute of it!! The seven course meal is remarkable. They don't rush you a bit thru out your meal. It took us a few hours to get thru it. The waiters and waitresses are very pleasant and do an A+ job!!!! You can't go wrong going here. Have fun next year and Happy 10th anniv. My husband and I just celebrated our 10 year anniv. on Oct. 18th, and this year we'll be heading for Disney in eight days to celebrate it from 11/7/07--11/17/07:mickey:

SurferStitch
10-30-2007, 08:13 AM
DH and I have eaten there quite a few times, and a few of those times was on the day of our anniversary. You are really made to feel like royalty when you dine there.

I highly recommend the wine pairings. They definitely compliment each course perfectly, and really are quite a bargain for all of the amazing wines you get to try.

We loved their Cona vacuum coffee brewer so much that I scoured the internet after our first visit to V&A (1996). At that time, I found only one place that sold them, but your server at V&A will now give you a card with the name and address of where to purchase one should you desire. At the time I paid around $160 for it, and while I don't use it much anymore, it is fun when I do get the urge.

The main dining area is very elegant, and the harpist is wonderful. You will notice some classic Disney music being played. Also, dress to the nines for this place....I've always worn elegant evening dresses or very dressy dresses (sorry, that's the best terminology I could come up with at 7am), and always felt comfortable. Jacket is required for men, and a tie is the norm. DH always wears a very nice dress suit when we go.

We are dining there again this December, and I can't wait!