PDA

View Full Version : October Wishes and Dreams-Intro

angel8783
10-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Introduction

About a year before the trip and about 2 months after we returned from our Disney Honeymoon, I decided I wanted to go to Disney during Christmas. However, after much thought, DH and I realized that with him working for a church, a Christmas trip would just not be a reality for us. So….

I booked a trip for October because it was a time I had never been before and we could attend a Halloween Party and be there for the Food and Wine Festival! After I booked I thought that I would love to take my Mom with us because her birthday is Halloween day and she has always wanted to go to a MNSSHP. But I knew my Mom would not want to be the third wheel with my husband and I, so I thought it would be fun to take my mother in law because she had never been to Disney World. In fact, she had taken maybe two trips on an airplane and only a few “vacations” to anywhere other than her family’s lake house which is also located here in Texas. First we asked my Mom. She is who started my love of Disney and she has been several times since that first time in 1999 and with the allure of the MNSSHP and going with me (because I am of course her daughter) she jumped at the chance. DH Mom was harder to convince. Money can be tight for her and since she had never been before, the allure of going was not high, especially since she would have to forgo her normal July lake house vacation in order to go with us in October. Finally after a few months after initially inviting her, on New Year’s Day of 2007, she agreed to pay us a monthly amount for the next 10 months to pay for her portion. So, we had it set….

The Cast:

Me: 24 years old. Went to Disney World for the first time at the age of 15 and fell in love with it! This will be my 8th time since 1999!

DH: 27 years old. The first time he went was in 2005 right after I graduated from college. He produces videos and does various media for our church for a living and so he really appreciates good production value. As we all know, your entire experience from start to finish at Disney is a production, so going to Disney is really fun for him. He loves the rides, the shows, the theming of the parks and the whole package. This will be his 3rd trip since 2005.

Mom: My mom wanted to go to Disney World when Epcot first opened, but with no money at the time, it just wasn’t an option. When I was in high school, my parents finally had the money to take vacations out of state and so in 1999 when I was ending my sophomore year, we went. My mom has always loved Disney ever since she went to Disneyland in the 1960’s. This will be her 5th trip.

MIL: Pretty much just along for the ride. She doesn’t know anything at all about Disney World or what to expect. I warned her about the intensity of our trip. That there would be little nap time (which she is VERY used to on a vacation) and that it would be a lot of walking. I tried very hard to acquaint her with Disney in the months before we left, but she showed little interest, so we will see how it goes.

I booked us for 6 nights/7 days October 12-18 at All Star Music Suites for the 4 of us in January of 2007, but when the discounts for our trip time came out, I moved us over to two connecting rooms in Port Orleans Riverside. It will be my first ever stay in a moderate! I have wanted to stay in POR since it was called Dixie Landings, so I am super excited! We have requested Alligator Bayou building 14 or 15 in order to be close to the South Bus Depot and the food court.

faline
10-29-2007, 02:27 PM
That's quite a mixture of folks. I hope all goes well!

MauiMouse
10-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Oops, didn't see this report until now.

How nice to be able to upgrade to a moderate.

pdrlkr
10-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

ChipnDaleGal
10-30-2007, 09:18 AM
I hope that your mother in law falls in love with WDW and your foursome has a great time together. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
10-30-2007, 11:42 AM
What an intro....this ought to be a good report!! Can't wait to read!:mickey:

AbeeNormal
10-30-2007, 06:25 PM
:oops: I also missed this first report and got a taste of how MIL is doing so far.She seems a little:bored:

It's early yet hopefully with time she'll start to feel the magic. (I hope):trio: