PDA

View Full Version : osborne lights

jpmsrivers
10-29-2007, 01:43 PM
I have never been at this time of year and am really excited about seeing the Osborne Lights at disney Studios. What time are they on each day? Is it from dusk to park close? Thanks for your help.

dolphinmickey9170
10-29-2007, 01:46 PM
I believe that it is from 6pm-8pm. This is information I got from a podcaster that was lQQking on another site for disney info.

So does anyone do the 3-d glasses? I'm thinking about getting them.

DisneyDudet
10-29-2007, 03:21 PM
If I remember correctly, it is from 6pm until close. They stay open during pm EMH, as well. It runs continuously until close. There are "shows" where the lights are set to music, which I bet run on some sort of schedule, like every 15 min or something like that.

I haven't done the glasses, as I think the lights are beautiful in their own right.

These are VERY cool. We had one night scheduled for it, and decided to catch it another night! I mean, we probably spent 2 hours each night there! Ok, I might be exaggerating, but we spent a VERY long time there each night.

jpH/keD
10-29-2007, 05:42 PM
We plan on going before Fantasmic and then again after the show! I dont know if it will be totally dark when we go after dinner since our dinner is at 4pm. So we will go 6ish and then late! :cloud9: I cannot wait to see the lights for the first time!!! :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
10-29-2007, 06:29 PM
What does the 3d glasses do for the lights?

SgtTigger
10-29-2007, 06:38 PM
What does the 3d glasses do for the lights?

They use to make the lights look like snowflakes and angels but they have not given the out in the last 2 years.....

:cop: :tigger:

Bringonthemouse!
10-29-2007, 09:52 PM
They use to make the lights look like snowflakes and angels but they have not given the out in the last 2 years.....

I purchased a pair of 3D glasses at our local Michaels craft store just for viewing the Osbourne lights.

SgtTigger
10-29-2007, 10:02 PM
I purchased a pair of 3D glasses at our local Michaels craft store just for viewing the Osbourne lights.

Have you been yet????

The glasses that they gave out were not really
3D They made designs such as angels one year and snowflakes another year....

:cop: :tigger:

JPL
10-30-2007, 08:50 AM
Just a tip for anyone going to see the lights since they moved them over to Streets of America it is not as organized as Residential Street was in the past. I would wait at least an hour after they are lit before heading over to see them since this gives the crowds some time to die down and it is much less congested. Last year during Mousefest it was like a Salmon swimming upstream at the beginning of the night.

Melanie
10-30-2007, 09:00 AM

And actually, you can buy these glasses at gift stores away from the parks. They are very cool!

jpmsrivers
10-30-2007, 09:18 AM
Thanks a bunch for all of the help. I had read that they were at 6 p.m. and just wanted to make sure they stayed on throughout the evening. Sure don't want to miss these. Only 17 more days until we leave!!!!!!!!:yay:

MsMin
10-30-2007, 10:33 AM
I've seen ppl post in the past about the lights remaining on after the park closes so that you can go there on your way out. Last year we went about 30 min before closing and they did turn the lights out and they differently quit moving to the music at closing so make sure you stop by before the park closes. :tree:

wedway76
10-30-2007, 11:04 AM
Just a tip for anyone going to see the lights since they moved them over to Streets of America it is not as organized as Residential Street was in the past. I would wait at least an hour after they are lit before heading over to see them since this gives the crowds some time to die down and it is much less congested. Last year during Mousefest it was like a Salmon swimming upstream at the beginning of the night.

Thanks for the heads up JPL. :thumbsup: We've only seen them on Residential Street. The next time we go (prob in 08) we will take your advice.

Jeri Lynn
10-30-2007, 11:04 AM
I found someone selling the 3D holographic Christmas glasses on Ebay. I picked them up just in case they aren't available in MGM.

EJS-Houston
10-30-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm sorry, but I have to ask...what are Osbourne Lights? I've never heard of them.

wedway76
10-30-2007, 12:44 PM
It is an amazing Holiday light display. That is set up in November and December in MGM.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/specialEvents?id=OsborneLightsSpecialEventPage

EJS-Houston
10-30-2007, 02:21 PM
It is an amazing Holiday light display. That is set up in November and December in MGM.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/specialEvents?id=OsborneLightsSpecialEventPage

WOW! I'll have to check to see if they'll be up when we're there next week. And The Osborne Family? Who are they? Surely not Ozzie and clan?!

Bringonthemouse!
10-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Have you been yet????

No, we haven't had the pleasure of seeing the lights in person yet, can't wait. But the 3D glasses we purchased were designed specifically for viewing Christmas lights/decorations. We put them on and looked at the streetlights:blush: and they had a "Christmas star" aura around them!!

wedway76
10-30-2007, 07:51 PM
WOW! I'll have to check to see if they'll be up when we're there next week. And The Osborne Family? Who are they? Surely not Ozzie and clan?!

:funny: No, It's not Ozzie and Sharon. Here is a link to the original Osborne family's own site.

http://www.jenningsosbornefamily.com/christmaslights/default.asp

I think this year they are supposed to be up from November 12th through January 6th.