PDA

View Full Version : Get out those Brooms, baby!!

NJBelle
10-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Being a Red Sox fan I am very excited! :number1: :ref: :bball: :team: :baseball:

RedSoxFan
10-22-2007, 11:59 AM
I was so excited last night after the Sox won. Unbelieveable series against the Indians. My kids went to school this morning wearing their Red Sox gear.:D

Donald A
10-22-2007, 12:33 PM
It was quite an emotional series. I am on the other side as I love the Indians and going to Jacob's Field even though I live in Indy now. The middle of your line up is just too good. I am not being a sore loser, but I worry that whoever comes out of a long series like this will have some trouble with a well rested Rockies Ball Club. Then again this can work in your favor allowing the Rockies to cool down and become a little rusty. It will be interesting.

I had a feeling on Thursday night that the Indians would not take this series. Then when our #2 ace Carmona couldn't pull it off Saturday night I knew game #7 would be tough. I was bummed after game #6 and all day Sunday before game #7 probably more than I am right now. I figure that the Indians would have trouble succeeding in the world series with their starters the way they are playing in the post season. Therefore, I might as well be disappointed now. Oh well, at least we beat the Yankees. That in itself is quite an accomplishment.

SBETigg
10-22-2007, 12:38 PM
Woo-hooo, Red Sox! Loved it! I'm so pleased they pulled it off. Sorry, Indians fans. But it was a great game, two amazing teams, well done.

RedSoxFan
10-22-2007, 04:52 PM
Oh well, at least we beat the Yankees. That in itself is quite an accomplishment.

Any team beating the Yankees is OK in my book!!

medic9016
10-22-2007, 05:27 PM
I am not a Red Sox fans, but you have to like the rookie talent they have. They will be a good team for a while.:congrats:

LauraF
10-23-2007, 09:20 AM
We're doing the happy dance at my house!:number1:

It was a very exciting series. I wasn't sure for a while if I was going to have to give my BF some CPR during some of the rougher parts.The Sox are a painful team to watch - when they're good, they're awesome, but they can also be awesomely bad too. But it was all worth it to see them make it to the WS this year!

It was funny - everybody at work yesterday was just staggering through the office because we'd all stayed up beyond our bedtime to watch the game and the fun afterwards. (Where did Papelbon learn to dance like that?:D)

This is gonna be the year!:number1:

Damon18
10-23-2007, 07:51 PM
That was an awesome series! I know the Rockies are red hot right now but I like the Sox chances.
GO SOX!!!:number1:

RedSoxandPatsfan
10-24-2007, 05:19 PM
It's just sweet.:thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
10-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Congrats on getting to the WS, and, coming from a Yankee fan, I mean this from the bottom of my heart... GO ROCKIES!!!!! :)

Laura670
10-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Congrats on getting to the WS, and, coming from a Yankee fan, I mean this from the bottom of my heart... GO ROCKIES!!!!! :)

How do you like those ROCKIES now !!!! WOOOO HOOOO GO SOX!!!!:number1:

goofhook
10-25-2007, 06:52 PM
Anyone ready to crown Beckett World series MVP? By the way does anyone else think that Ellsbury is twice the player than Crisp? ( Besides for that nice grab in Fenway a couple nights ago. )

DizneyFreak2002
10-25-2007, 07:16 PM
How do you like those ROCKIES now !!!! WOOOO HOOOO GO SOX!!!!:number1:

It's one game.... relax, calm down.... Take a deep breath, and realize, one game does not make the series... Now, if the Red Sox do this for 4 straight games, it isn't how will I feel about the Rockies, it is how the Rockie fans will feel... See, I am not a Rockies fan... So, really, I could care less.. :)

DizneyFreak2002
10-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Anyone ready to crown Beckett World series MVP? By the way does anyone else think that Ellsbury is twice the player than Crisp? ( Besides for that nice grab in Fenway a couple nights ago. )

It isn't too hard to be twice the player as Crisp... But Ellsbury looks like the real deal and could be their center fielder for a very long time...

dolphinmickey9170
10-25-2007, 10:19 PM

I root for two teams, The RED SOX, and anyone who beats the yankees!! GO SOX!!

Jacoby has my vote!

RedSoxFan
10-26-2007, 03:21 PM
I root for two teams, The RED SOX, and anyone who beats the yankees!! !!

I have this saying on a t-shirt!!

2 games won -- 2 more to go!!

DizneyFreak2002
10-28-2007, 01:46 PM
Think I am going out on a limb here, but, is it safe to say the series is over???

dolphinmickey9170
10-29-2007, 10:19 AM
I am so excited to see the Red Sox take it all the way!! Just as I stated in a previous post - ALL THE WAY!! The Rockies need to get out the dust pans, cause the Red Sox swept them right off the floor!

SBETigg
10-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Woo-hoo! It was a great night for Red Sox fans! The Rockies played a good game and had me nervous right up to the end. But the Red Sox did it! And it was such a team effort, too. Very well done.

NJBelle
10-29-2007, 10:57 AM
THEY WON!!!!!! THEY WON!!!!!!!! THEY WON!!!!!!! I'm just sooooooooooo happy! WHOOO HOOO! GO SOX!

Ruprect
10-29-2007, 11:45 AM
I am so excited to see the Red Sox take it all the way!! Just as I stated in a previous post - ALL THE WAY!! The Rockies need to get out the dust pans, cause the Red Sox swept them right off the floor!

I feel like you might have taken the sweep analogy a bit too far. Why would the Rockies need the dust pans...especially if they aren't even on the floor anymore? I'm very confused by all of this.

In all seriousness congrats to the 2007 Red Sox. A bit of a bummer for me since the Indians were so close to taking that series. Amazing that the Sox went 11-3 in the playoffs (with all 3 losses to the Indians).

Oh and as a public service announcement I would like to no longer hear any complaining from Boston sports fans about anything for like the next 10 years. 3 Super Bowls (possibly a 4th this year) and 2 WS in this decade alone. I think the rest of us have earned the right to not hear anymore complaints about your teams.

dolphinmickey9170
10-29-2007, 12:40 PM
I feel like you might have taken the sweep analogy a bit too far. Why would the Rockies need the dust pans...especially if they aren't even on the floor anymore? I'm very confused by all of this.

In all seriousness congrats to the 2007 Red Sox. A bit of a bummer for me since the Indians were so close to taking that series. Amazing that the Sox went 11-3 in the playoffs (with all 3 losses to the Indians).

Oh and as a public service announcement I would like to no longer hear any complaining from Boston sports fans about anything for like the next 10 years. 3 Super Bowls (possibly a 4th this year) and 2 WS in this decade alone. I think the rest of us have earned the right to not hear anymore complaints about your teams.

Is there anyone else I can tick off today? This seems to bee all I am capable of. So, as I stated in the Patriots thread, I will keep all of my sports related comments too myself or my family. Only becuase it seems I can't help but upset someone.

PirateLover
10-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Is there anyone else I can tick off today? This seems to bee all I am capable of. So, as I stated in the Patriots thread, I will keep all of my sports related comments too myself or my family. Only becuase it seems I can't help but upset someone.

HI! I don't think you ticked the poster off. I think the comments were made in jest, but sometimes that is hard to tell on a computer. He was yanking your chain about the analogy and pointing out how absolutely lucky New England area fans have been in this decade. Don't take it personal!:)

As a side note, I don't like it when World Series ends in a sweep. Nothing beat a WS game 7. Also Terry Francona was such a waste of space when he was in Philly, I still can't believe he has TWO rings now. But oh well! Maybe our day will come soon...

RedSoxFan
10-29-2007, 12:56 PM
I am so excited that the Red Sox won. Great series. The rookies were just phenomenal.

SBETigg
10-29-2007, 01:56 PM
I didn't understand why all the Rockies fans were wearing their caps flipped upside down. I said to the DH, "what, are they so embarrassed to be fans that they're hiding the logo?" Not that they should be, the team had a great season.

He had to explain to me that it was symbolic of turning their luck around, or something like that. This is why I shouldn't comment on sports. :silly:

dolphinmickey9170
10-29-2007, 01:59 PM
I didn't understand why all the Rockies fans were wearing their caps flipped upside down. I said to the DH, "what, are they so embarrassed to be fans that they're hiding the logo?" Not that they should be, the team had a great season.

He had to explain to me that it was symbolic of turning their luck around, or something like that. This is why I shouldn't comment on sports. :silly:

Hey, Sherri, that was too funny!! I thought I was the only one who didn't know all the "lingo"!! Oh well. It's all in good fun!

PirateLover
10-29-2007, 02:11 PM

Lol. They are known as "rally caps". When your team is down in the final innings, you flip your cap inside out. No clue how this tradition started but I can't even remember how long I've been doing it, both at home and at the actual game. I have to say though... it usually doesn't work too well :secret:

DizneyFreak2002
10-29-2007, 07:55 PM

Ok, I had to laugh at this one.. LOL... Pretty funny lol....

EPCOT84
10-29-2007, 11:24 PM
I was so excited last night after the Sox won. Unbelieveable series against the Indians. My kids went to school this morning wearing their Red Sox gear.:D

On the World Series win over Colorado :congrats:

Hope your kids wore their their gear again ! :bball:

RedSoxFan
10-30-2007, 07:43 AM
Hope your kids wore their their gear again ! :bball:

Yes, My kids wore their Red Sox clothing again -- DD wore her Ortiz jersey and red and blue beads and painted her nails red!! And that is what she is wearing for Halloween.

EPCOT84
10-31-2007, 03:15 AM
Yes, My kids wore their Red Sox clothing again -- DD wore her Ortiz jersey and red and blue beads and painted her nails red!! And that is what she is wearing for Halloween.

:mpumpkin: Cool! A Happy Halloween to you all

Ruprect
10-31-2007, 08:01 AM
HI! I don't think you ticked the poster off. I think the comments were made in jest, but sometimes that is hard to tell on a computer. He was yanking your chain about the analogy and pointing out how absolutely lucky New England area fans have been in this decade. Don't take it personal!:)

Bingo. Maybe I need to be more liberal with smileys. Stupid computers and their lack of emotion.

IamBelle
11-01-2007, 07:02 PM
OH YEAH!! THEY WON AGAIN!!! I KNEW THEY COULD DO IT! :party::number1:

lAST TIME THEY WON THE wORLD sERIES, THEY BROUGHT THE TROPHY TO THE HIGHSCHOOLS IN MASS, I HOPE THEY DO IT AGAIN SO I CAN SEE IT IN PERSON!!!