PDA

View Full Version : National Treasure -- Book of Secrets (Now on DVD)

NotaGeek
10-29-2007, 12:24 AM
WOO HOO! Ok, so I absolutely LOVED the first one! Let's hope some Disney Magic makes in onto the big screen for round 2!

You can check out trailer at the Official National Treasure: Book of Secrets. (http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/nationaltreasure/) (while you're enjoying the trailer please notice that Nicholas Cage's hairline and capped teeth have gotten even MORE creepy!) :confused:

Melanie
10-29-2007, 12:27 AM
You're just a posting fool tonight, Michael. ;)

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Cannot WAIT for this! Loved the cleverness and comedy of the first one. Perfect cast! And now add in Ed Harris - good to go!!! :thumbsup:

NotaGeek
10-29-2007, 12:31 AM
You're just a posting fool tonight, Michael. ;)
:thumbsup:

I feel like I have been neglecting putting out the movie info for my peeps. :mickey:

That's what I get for working 50-60 hours a week for the last 6 weeks (minus those 2 trips!) ... I haven't been to the movies since Harry Potter came out this past summer! :(

PirateLover
10-29-2007, 12:50 AM
(while you're enjoying the trailer please notice that Nicholas Cage's hairline and capped teeth have gotten even MORE creepy!) :confused:

You weren't kidding! Hopefully that won't distract me too much during the movie. When we saw Batman Begins in IMAX, I noticed that Christian Bale had a mole and I couldn't stop staring at it... I felt like Austin Powers... mole...moley mole.

Anyways I'm really excited for this movie! I really dug the first one, especially all the scenes in Philly. :) Should be a great :popcorn: flick.

mttafire
10-29-2007, 12:59 AM
REALLY looking forward to seeing this one!!:thumbsup:

BriarRose0708
10-29-2007, 10:46 AM
yesssssss! I'll be in line for this one! Thanks for the info and link, Michael!

youngOx96
10-29-2007, 12:24 PM
Like the OP, I am very excited to see this movie. I really enjoyed the first one. I'm hoping this one will be just as good, if not better.:mickey:

magicman
10-29-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm really stoked for this sequel. I thought the original was a rarity in that it had a complicated, exciting plot line yet was wholesome enough for me to bring my whole family.

Regarding Nicolas Cage (but not his hairline):
1) I think this is the perfect type of movie for him. I could never really buy into him as some kind of superhero, action figure-type guy; but, I like him as the quirky genius type that he plays in National Treasure.

2) My personal favorite Nicolas Cage movie...The Family Man.

Jared
10-30-2007, 01:54 AM
I watched "National Treasure" on DVD two weeks ago, and now I'm hooked. I'll probably check out the sequel.

tennantsrwe
10-30-2007, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the reminder, I almost forgot about this one! We,too, really enjoyed the first movie. Can't wait to see this on!

snowflakegirl
10-30-2007, 08:05 AM
Saw a preview for this in the theatres the other day and I'm so excited. I can't wait.

WDWFREAK101
10-30-2007, 09:06 PM
I am DEFINITLY seeing this movie!! I wish that the movie was out already. I CAN'T WAIT! When i saw the teaser i just thought that this movie would be WAY too far fetched. Now that i saw this movie i am very curious on how this will play out. The thing i like about these films is the history behind them. I don't like the fact that Ben's Great-grandfather planned the assanation of lincoln because obvioulsy he diddn't. Anyway, i am really curious because he has to kidnap the president and travel the globe. He will see England, Russia and more importantly Area 51!!! This will be a LOT more well done than the first one.... Hopefully

baby minnie's mommy
11-28-2007, 03:17 PM
I'm really looking forward to this one! We don't get to the theater often, but this one I definitely want to see in a theater. I had been told the first one was good, but didn't know how good till I actually watched it on tv!

thrillme
11-28-2007, 03:29 PM
My DS and I really enjoyed the first one. We'll be there fer shur!

DisneyDog
11-28-2007, 06:41 PM
DH and I both have the day off on 12/28, and we plan on seeing it then. I'm psyched!!

bleukarma
11-29-2007, 08:08 AM
I haven't even seen a trailer for it yet and I can't wait for this movie!! I LOVED the first one, the second one is just a bonus!!! I love Riley and I think him and Ben were the perfect geeky partners in crime. I like history and action movies so this is the perfect movie for me! I can only hope the second one lives up to the first! :mickey:

Crystal Palace
11-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Can't wait to see this!!!!:mickey3:

IloveJack
11-29-2007, 10:58 AM
I love the first one! It's such a great flick and wholesome as well. I hope the second lives up to the first!

DisneyTwirler13!
11-29-2007, 10:24 PM
I didn't see the first one until about 3 years after it came out, and I just loved it!!
I saw the trailer for this one, way back earlier this year, and I marked the opening date down in my planner right then and there! It was agonizing to wait this long, but the movie will be worth it in the long run!!!
(And Nicolas Cage's hair is starting to get really creepy, and I hadn't noticed his teeth! :ack:)

crazy4disneyworld
12-05-2007, 09:57 PM
I can barely stand the wait for this sequel. I loved National Treasure, and this sequel actually looks well-developed and entertaining with an intriguing story certainly worthy to make a sequel to the cool original National Treasure.

Also, thought I'd add my own little excitement to the mix here...the new Goofy short, "How to Hook Up Your Home Theater", will play in front of National Treasure: Book of Secrets. The short, which marks the return of Disney animated shorts, was supposed to open for Enchanted, but it was switched at the last minute.

Two of my favorite things in Hollywood: National Treasure and Goofy, what could be better?

baby minnie's mommy
12-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Ooooh, I'll try to be on time for the movie for sure! The Goofy "How to" cartoons are some of my favorite. I think they're so funny! :funny:

jray21
12-21-2007, 06:03 AM
Just got back from the midnight showing and it was a great movie. Seemed to start a little akward but it was just like the first one. The best surprise in the movie was the Goofy cartoon at the beginning! It was the best new disney cartoon I have seen for years. :mickey: It was a classic style Goofy cartoon, with a modern theme. It was definitely the highlight of the movie. The cartoon started after the previews so you late arrivers should still be able to see it. It seemed out of place being before a non-kids themed movie but everyone enjoyed it. So is there going to be a part three? While the movie does end, unlike pirates 2, disney puts in something to keep the door open on a third one. It is so vague though, that if this movie doesn't do well they won't be at a loss by not doing a third. I realy enjoyed the movie and think it will do very well. There is a bit more action in this one, more shooting and crashes, but it is still a clean, good movie.:thumbsup:

CanadianWDWFan
12-21-2007, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the post!

I am so looking forward to this one. The whole family enjoyed the first one so much that I was hoping that there was going to be a sequel. Glad there is! Now all I have to do is try to find a time that we can all go see it.

d_m_n_n
12-21-2007, 08:28 AM
Can you tell me about the use of bad language/violence in this one? I loved how the first movie I could take both DSs and not worry about what they were hearing or seeing. They are so excited to see this, but I want to be prepared! TIA!

TKDONALD
12-21-2007, 09:10 AM
I to went to the midnight showing. I was totally happy with the movie. I cant wait to go see it again. The Goofy cartoon followed the same direction old Goofy cartoons did. Ex: Goofy how too with the narator in the background ( Football and hockey shorts). They did leave an opening for a third movie as well. I recomend everyone to take your families to see this film.
Good family fun!!!!!!

Figgyluv03
12-21-2007, 12:21 PM
I loved the first movie and am looking forward to seeing this one!! Thanks for the reviews!!!!

jray21
12-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Can you tell me about the use of bad language/violence in this one? I loved how the first movie I could take both DSs and not worry about what they were hearing or seeing. They are so excited to see this, but I want to be prepared! TIA!

I would say the language is the same as the first. I don't remember it being different from part 1. There is a car chase scene with a lot of crashes and shooting but being PG its not bad for kid. The Pirates movies are much more intense for kids in terms of violence and scariness.

WDWFREAK101
12-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Me too, i went to the midnight showing last night but i didn't find it as amusing as others might. Iwas so excited about this movie because of the first movie but I found it a little too boring and dull. The first movie was great! It moved quickly while still fun to watch, and it had plenty of action.
The first 50 minutes were perfect! Character introductions were perfect (Except for Mitch Wilkinson. He just appears out of nowhere.) It got boring after the Buckingham Palace car chase scene. This movie was more of a comedy than it was an action movie. The first was a great movie, this was just..... decent I think that they could have done better than this. Justin Bartha was amazing as always playing Riley, he made me laugh more than enough times. Disney advertised the movie far too often that gave away many of the cool scenes or jokes to make it a fun time. I know that this is a harsh review but i just didn't like it. It just didn't have the same Natioanl Treasure feel to it. Even the score was changed. I LOVED the score to the first movie. It was so well done but then in this movie, it was jazzed up and worked on a lot. I guess I didn't like it because I was tired. :smile: I'll watch it again and give it another chance. It did have a LOT of plot holes however.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
12-21-2007, 11:49 PM
Saw it this afternoon and the whole family enjoyed it. It seemed like they solved the clues a bit quicker in this one, but it was a good clean movie nonetheless to take the family to. I didn't think it dragged at all.

By the way, it was the first movie in a long time that I had been to where the crowd (mainly families) broke out into applause at the end.

d_m_n_n
12-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Good deal! DSs are getting movie gift certificates in their stockings from Grandma...guess where we'll be on 12/26!!! So, so looking forward to seeing this with the kids! :thumbsup:

ncscgirl2005
12-23-2007, 11:00 PM
We saw this on opening day and it was great. I don't recall their being foul language. There was one scene that made me a bit uncomfortable with the kids watching (the part where she is "distracting" the White House curator" by looking for her earring) but other than that everything else was OK. Overall the movie was very funny and there is an opening for a third movie. My family is happy about that. The Goofy cartoon at the beginning was very cute and funny

Altair
12-24-2007, 09:10 AM
This movie has enough plot holes to sink a battleship.:confused:

GothMickey
12-24-2007, 09:30 AM

I thought the same thing. My head was spinning.

Melanie
12-30-2007, 04:44 PM

Ah yeah, so did the first one, but that's what makes it fun. We all loved it!

PirateLover
12-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Ah yeah, so did the first one, but that's what makes it fun. We all loved it!

:yes: We felt the same! The 3 of us who went to the theater last week were big fans of the first one, and we all enjoyed this installment as well. Looking forward to a possible third.

ChrisF
12-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Loved this movie! :thumbsup: Although some spots were very predictable, it was a fun movie. In the chase scene when he yelled "get down!!" I really did duck my head down :blush:
Looking forward to #3 :trio:

2Epcot
01-06-2008, 01:52 AM
The best surprise in the movie was the Goofy cartoon at the beginning! It was the best new disney cartoon I have seen for years. :mickey: It was a classic style Goofy cartoon, with a modern theme

I was waiting until I saw the movie, so I had not read this thread. I was also surprised and thrilled to see the Goofy "Home Theater" animated short. I love that the style was just like the old classic Disney animated films. I had forgot they were going to start doing that until the film started. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

I would certainly agree with that. I never got around to seeing the first one, but I did enjoy this one. Even with the parts that were out there.

readytogo2
05-26-2008, 03:52 PM
in the movie the President tells Gates to look at page 47 in the presidents secret book. then at the end he asks Gates about page 47. did I miss something ? does it mean anything?

WDWFREAK101
05-27-2008, 01:56 PM
in the movie the President tells Gates to look at page 47 in the presidents secret book. then at the end he asks Gates about page 47. did I miss something ? does it mean anything?

Remember in the film when The President tells him to look at Page 47? Remember when they got to the Librarary Of Congress, they didn't have any time because the cops were chasing them? He takes a picture of Page 47. (It is dark enough and blurry enough so the audience can't see it) Aparently he looks at it sometime in the film and he says "Yes I did look at it" and The President wants him to help with whatever "it" is. It is an obvious open for a thrid film. It is a simple director/writers trick. Giving the audience 2 + 2 and let the audience figure out 4.
A little film trivia for you.....

Crow
05-29-2008, 10:34 PM
i liked them. got a good deal on the Blu-ray set thru Amaon. its an Intercot sponsor also.
mayb a 3rd one coming?

Young@Heart
06-08-2008, 01:33 PM
We rented this last night and all loved it! DD was in bed, but it was a great family movie for DS 12 and DS 14. We're also looking forward to #3. As soon as The President asked Ben about pg 47 (in the hanger at the end of the movie), DH said "and there's #3!"

NotaGeek
06-08-2008, 01:58 PM
I watched this on DVD and absolutely LOVED it! :thumbsup:

Disneyexpert15
06-11-2008, 03:36 PM
I saw it in theatres and I loved it. It was awesome. I bought it on DVD when it came out and watch it when I can.