PDA

View Full Version : Ghost hunters live on halloween

battlefield2freak
10-28-2007, 09:01 PM
i was just watching the sci-fi channel and saw the new ghost hunters episode was going to be live from waverly hills sanatorium in louisville KY, and the building is like 2-3 miles from where i am currently so i get to see that ugly old building every halloween heh. i was wondering if any of you was planning on watching it. its on at 9 PM EST on halloween night on sci-fi channel if your intrested. they was giving out free tickets to go up with T.A.P.S during the shoot but i didnt get to the place in time :(, well if i was with them id be scared to death because when i take the tours i try to avoid any paranormal acivity and there trying to find it lol. if you have any questions about the building and its history just pm me and ill probably know all u would ever want to hear about it lol.

The Flying Dutchman
10-28-2007, 09:59 PM
I'll be watching! I love that show. Seems to me like they are one of the few believable ghost shows on tv, seeing how they will flat out say "well, we didn't find anything."
Plus, the previous show from that location was really good, so I've been hoping they would go back to it again...
:pirate:

ASweetLov
10-28-2007, 11:26 PM
I will be watching Ghost Hunters on Halloween. I love this show. Also its great to see people from Rhode Island on tv. The T.A.P.S. Headquarters its just a few minutes from my house:thumbsup:

battlefield2freak
10-30-2007, 03:30 PM
i just finished watching the first video that was taken around 2005 or 06. i could tell because of the new windows outside the main entrance in summer of 05 the was none but the front side is been re-windowed now. ive been trying to find out when the louisville ghost hunters will be taking there next trip up there so i can go with them but tours are booked into late feburary already. if you want a link to one of the best sites on waverly here it is. he updates about every 3 - 4 months onthe restoration part:http://www.waverlyhillstbsanatorium.com/. to study up on some of the ghosts and stuff in the building ive watched the first TAPS video, the celebrity paranormal project and im getting ready to watch spooked which is specifically about the ghosts. oh im so execited!! lol

snowflakegirl
10-30-2007, 04:14 PM
I'll be watching. At least until I have to go to bed (I have to be up at 5 to go to work). I'm mildly addicted to this show. Actually my whole family is. Grant and Jason spoke at UNH last week and my parents actually rearranged their schedules so that they could go see them. My father said that it was an incredible way to spend a couple hours and that they are very personable and great speakers. Kept everyone interested the whole time.

It'll be interesting to see what they find...

battlefield2freak
10-30-2007, 04:35 PM
ive already experienced alot of what they have seen like tim the one they saw run across the hall on infrared. he plays with a rubber bouncy ball. when i was there last time we found the ball out in the 3rd floor hall and the guide said if you want to see the proff there is ghosts here we will come back and it will be gone; came back and it was gone so she walked us down the hall and found it about 20 - 40 yards from where we left it. then the shadow people. we tested it by sending 2 people to one end of the hall where moonlight shines through the doors and the rest of the group stood about 10 yards away and watched the moonlight and saw instances where the light was blocked for a few seconds which at that point i freaked out lol. then one instance a security guard had about 3 years ago when the fire escape was still up on one end stayed up in the fifth floor outside of room 502 and set a tent up and was trying to catch intruders climbing in from the escape but instead he caught a ghost poking his tent about ever hour or so and he came out and no one was there. freaky i know.

PirateLover
11-01-2007, 01:58 AM
Watching this now... the contestants are on... I thought the two girls who were with the contestant who was a radio DJ were unnecessarily cruel. Yea it's an audition, but I'm sure the guy was a little nervous and they picked on him for every mistake he made. Can't say I'm a fan of that, especially since I haven't enjoyed any of these women's parts so far on the show tonight. They are the only ones I click off almost every time they are on.

Jeremy
11-01-2007, 02:36 AM
Ive been watching it also.
I like there T.P.S show, every week i watch it.
:thumbsup:

battlefield2freak
11-01-2007, 04:09 PM
i went to bed at 11 so i miseed just over half of it. thank god for DVR's though lol. they said the results would be revealed on next wendsday so i cant wait for that. one thing i wish they could do would get another infrared camera or 2 so they can get better results like on the shadow moving across the hall they found last time. one thing that made me scratch my head was the small building they found out on the top of the building. out of all the tours ive done up there ive never seen it i guess ill be adding that to my checklist for next time lol.

bleukarma
11-01-2007, 04:31 PM
I got done handing out candy to the kids just in time to turn this on last night! My best friend is addicted to this show and we plan on going to St. Augustine to check out the haunted light house that they visited in one episode. But I only tend to watch this show on Halloween for some reason. It’s a good show, it’s just not one I tune into. However I really enjoyed the waverly show last night! When I lived in Cincinnati I was producing a show on haunted places in the area for school and me and my crew almost made the road trip to Louisville to do a piece on it. The show fell through, but I think it would be interesting to visit sometime. Didn’t Criss Angel go there one time?
It seems like most of the activity happened on the 2nd floor with the ball moving about 16 feet and the thing running across the screen. I only watched till around 10:30 when I went to bed, but I plan on setting up my tivo for the results show!

battlefield2freak
11-01-2007, 05:28 PM
so far im up to about 1 hour left and there is things ive sen and experienced and some things i havent. like the ball moving is something ive experienced, banging sounds, one thing thouh i havent seen or smelled in this case is the smell they smelled in the tunnel which id love to experience.

bleukarma
11-14-2007, 01:01 PM
Who watched the reveal? I thought that they didn’t really find that much interesting. There were a few things, but I guess I expected a lot more from a place with so many deaths. But the wrestlers (I forgot his name) reaction to him thinking something touched him was priceless!!!!! I’ve never seen someone run that fast!!! I need to keep that on my tivo for when I’m in a bad mood I can just watch that!

Now the house that they visited after the reveal…that was some freaky stuff! I could not live in that house at all!!!!

RedheadWriter
11-17-2007, 08:34 PM
The reaction was priceless! The video of this one portion of video is up on Jason and grant's Myspace page.
Now, in a bit of Rhode Island pride:thumbsup:, I have to say I've met both of my fellow Ocean Staters. I went to the TAPS magazine opening back in June to do an article on them. Here are two pics of the event.
Yes, the redhead is yours truly! :blush:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/RachelMoniz/ghosthunters/rachelgrant.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/RachelMoniz/ghosthunters/racheljason.jpg
They are both great guys!
Rachel