PDA

View Full Version : Refillable mug question

scootch713
10-28-2007, 04:28 PM
Thinking of getting the refillable mug at WL. Do you just go get it and leave or do you have to stand in line each time you refill??? thanks.

The Flying Dutchman
10-28-2007, 04:50 PM
Once you purchase the mug, from then on all you do is walk up to the drink fountain area and fill it up!

Jared
10-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Thinking of getting the refillable mug at WL. Do you just go get it and leave or do you have to stand in line each time you refill??? thanks.
I'm not sure I understand your question. When you buy the mug, it's yours to keep, and you can refill it whenever you want. Just walk up to the drink island and choose your beverage. You refill the mug, not a Cast Member. You will not wait on a line.

JPL
10-28-2007, 05:07 PM
It is however different at Pepper Market at CSR. They give a card as you enter that say refill only and you have to give it to the cashier as you are leaving.

chicade88
10-28-2007, 05:25 PM
Do you have to pay the gratuity at CSR everytime?

JPL
10-28-2007, 05:34 PM
No gratuity but just some added hassle with the card. I like being able to grab a drink and go not wait to give a card to a cashier.

scootch713
10-28-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm not sure I understand your question. When you buy the mug, it's yours to keep, and you can refill it whenever you want. Just walk up to the drink island and choose your beverage. You refill the mug, not a Cast Member. You will not wait on a line.

I just didn't want to have to stand in line each time after I bought it when I needed a refill. Thought about refilling at breakfast time and I know there is always a line at breakfast at the food court.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-28-2007, 08:09 PM
I wasn't sure either, until we bought them on our last couple of trips.

It isn't like Colonial Williamsburg, where you had to line up and have a staff member fill your mug from behind the counter, you can just walk up to the drink area, and get a refill whenever you need it.

There are also small sinks, so you can rinse out the mug if needed!

Tink#64
10-31-2007, 12:37 AM
We are huge fans of the refillable mugs! They pay for themselves so quickly! You should see me in the mornings! I take 2 or 3 just for coffee for myself! Later, DH goes back for a refill for me & drinks for eveyone else for breakfast! If I had to pay just for all of my coffee - Whew!:blush:

We like the convenience, we're out by the pool, one of us pops in & gets drinks for all & staight back out to the pool, no need to carry cash! It's a huge convenience for us!

Figgyluv03
10-31-2007, 12:41 PM
I still have mine from All Star Sports from back in 2000 when I was there on my senior trip. They said it's good at any of the all stars when I came back. I know under the new plan, they are only good for that trip. Are the old cups still good? If not, I won't bother packing it. I don't do coffee and I don't drink soda, so I was thinking DBf could use it.

incredimellos
10-31-2007, 01:00 PM
I have the same question We have our POR mugs. Can we still use them at FQ? We got them a few years back. They say Port Orleans Resort on them. Its good for both, right?:(

nanapop
11-04-2007, 04:45 PM
As far as I know the mugs are good only for the visit they are bought during.
It didn't used to be that way, but we noticed a few years ago the sign that says they good only for the current visit.
I have seen people with older mugs and no one says anything to them. But I would be embarrassed to be approached about it.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-04-2007, 09:20 PM
At ASMU we just went up to the drink station and filled them ourselves. No real lines to speak of.
The mugs are supposed to only be good for the current visit. But I saw one lady with about 5 different styles and no one said anything to her, except me of course. And even then, I just said "wow, were did you get the different styles? I thought they were all the same currently"? She just snarled at me and walked away. With full mugs of course!

Here we go again...
11-05-2007, 10:57 AM
I still have mine from All Star Sports from back in 2000 when I was there on my senior trip. They said it's good at any of the all stars when I came back. I know under the new plan, they are only good for that trip. Are the old cups still good? If not, I won't bother packing it. I don't do coffee and I don't drink soda, so I was thinking DBf could use it.
We also have some of the old mugs from All Star Sports that do not have the new "valid for length of stay" message on them. We were told that we could continue to use those mugs at the All star Sports resort only.

I have the same question We have our POR mugs. Can we still use them at FQ? We got them a few years back. They say Port Orleans Resort on them. Its good for both, right?:(
I am pretty sure the mugs you have are the newer ones that are only valid for length of stay. I am pretty sure they went to length of stay mugs right after they changed from Dixie Landings... I am sure someone else knows for sure though.
Anyway, those mugs are only good for POR. They were never shared mugs with POFQ.

I always by new mugs... I have so many it is crazy. I love drinking hot chocolate or coffee in them at home. I just pick a mug, fix my drink, then look at the mug to see where I am going.... and it brings me back to that vacation. I know, I am crazy... but DW is my happy place and I spend a lot of time there in my mind. :blush: