PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing a dinner show!

princessjojo
10-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Each time we have visited WDW, we have planned to see one of the 3 dinner shows. But I really can't choose the one that I would most want to see and am emploring everyone's help here. I must tell you that there will be at least 3 adults and 4 kids here.

Thanks everyone for your help!!

Disney Yankee
10-28-2007, 02:45 PM
We've only been to the Hoop Dee Doo Review - and we LOVED it.

So that gets our vote!!!

BugeyedMuggy
10-28-2007, 04:18 PM
Been to Hoop de doo so many times I can't count. We laugh every time even tho it's the same show. The many different people playing the characters has made it different each time. Also my DH played Davey Crockett's Fairy Godmother once. We went to the poly show a couple of times. My DD go to go on stage and learned the hula. That show is ok but always seems the same. I'm always up for a laugh so I vote Hoop!

LibertyTreeGal
10-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Just to let you know, it's pretty much going to be a hoop de doo landslide -- the other shows barely get a mention around here ;)

caryrae
10-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Hoop-dee-doo revue has some great downhome american cooking like ribs, fried chicken, baked beans, corn other stuff I can't remember and some strawberry shortcake for dessert. It's all you can eat too. The show is pretty fun to, my wife and I enjoyed it and would do it again. The food is all served family style so there is no buffet you need to walk through they just bring the food out to your table.

brogan54
10-28-2007, 05:36 PM
have been to hoop and aloha. definitly do the hoop de doo. better show and better food overall. loved it:blush:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Hoop-Dee-Do is awesome! The food is good, and the show is really, really funny...both the adults and the kids will enjoy it :number1:

Maleficent's Dad
10-28-2007, 08:59 PM
I've been to all three.

The only one my family cares to return to time and time again is the Hoop Dee Doo!

The only one I'd recommend against is the Backyard BBQ. IMO not worth the money.

Good luck with whatever you choose. They all have good points, but the HDDR is the way to go! :thumbsup:

DDuck66
10-29-2007, 09:40 AM
I voted for Hoop-de-Doo. I have always wanted to try it. We liked the show at the Polynesian, but we thought the food leaved a lot to be deired. I have only heard good things about HDD and can't wait to try it.

c&d
10-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Another nod to Hoop de Doo. We loved the show and after the show if you're at the right one you can take a hayride that stops by the beach and you can see the fireworks over MK. They pipe in the music also, a great way to end the night.

kdsjjb
10-29-2007, 10:33 AM
We've been to all three. HDDR all the way! That show gets the votes from all five of us (Me36, DW36, DS16, DD13 & DS10).
We did like the Aloha show but would probably not do it again. Once is enough.
The BBQ we wouldnot do if you gave it to us for free. We didn't like anything about it,
We've done HDDR twice so far and will do it again next year.
Good food, good show, and a lot of fun!

wendy*darling
10-29-2007, 10:47 AM
We've also done all 3.
HDD is the only one we have done multiple times- this past June was our 4th time at HDD.
We've been there with young kids, teenagers, celebrating a 50th wedding anniversary, and with a Boy Scout Troop. Every time was festive, filling and FUN!

The only one we refuse to go to again is Mickey's Backyard BBQ. We took our Boy Scouts there several years back and they couldn't wait to leave! They ate, and they were done. Too boring. It may be OK for families with small children who like to dance. That's about it. (In my opinion, of course ;))

goofysbabe
10-29-2007, 11:02 AM
I voted for Hoop De Do Review. This is a great show and the food is excellent. We didn't go away hungry and our sides hurt from laughing and having a good time. This is a must do for all!

jpH/keD
10-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Another one for Hoopdee! We were going to chose this one but it was between HDD and Luau but we are going in Nov and we heard that the Luau gets cancelled if it is too cold! Our ressies are all tight so we didnt want to have to fool around w/ a make up night so we opted for the luau at SeaWorld this time.:secret: Its inside! We will do Hoopdee next time for sure!! Enjoy!! which ever you choose they are all a good time!:thumbsup:

laprana
10-29-2007, 12:06 PM
I didn't cast a vote because the only one I've been to is the luau...and I definitely would not vote for it! We went 2 years ago and it was not worth it at all. Food was just OK, dessert was some kind of chocolate/fruity abomination. :sick: The show itself was really corny. The only thing that was good about it were the island dances. The fire dancer was especially cool! But other than that, we kept looking at each other during the show and saying, "Is this for real?" We felt like we were at a high school play. Definitely not up to par with other Disney shows.