PDA

View Full Version : Christmas

DisneyMelissa
10-28-2007, 01:02 PM
Hi Everyone!

I will be having my first Christmas in Disney this year! I have a few questions for those of you who have been there during this time or for those who happen to live in the area!

What is the weather usually like during the end of December? (I will be there the 22nd-29th). I know that it shows the average high/low as 73/52, so is that pretty true?

Also, since I will be there for Christmas, I am not really sure how to dress. At home for Christmas, I usually semi-dress up. Do people dress nicer on Christmas at the parks, or is the dress relatively the same?

Any other Christmas-time tips are welcome :) I sure am excited to be able to get away from a Wisconsin winter for a week!!

Jeff
10-28-2007, 02:37 PM
The weather can range from the 70's to night times that are very cool. We were there one Christmas week where it hit the low 30's.

We have been on several Christmas Day's (and will again this year) Dress seems pretty much the same as always. Some more dressed up, especially those who might just be there for the parade and a nice meal. There are a whole lot more Mickey/Minnie Santa hats around though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DisneyDudet
10-28-2007, 04:18 PM
We haven't been on Christmas Day, but the closest we've gotten to it is the 23rd. In the two trips in December, we have experienced MANY types of weather. One night, we were frozen, with lows hovering around 30, but one day, we were wanting our shorts, because the high was near 80.

So, really, plan on ANYTHING. You can always wash your clothes, so all won't be lost if you run out of certain things. Just make sure you bring at least one set of the extremes.

As far as how you dress at the parks, I doubt you will see many "dressed up" people. I mean, you will see some, as there are ALWAYS people who dress up (hopefully because they were doing a nice meal) at any time of the year. But, if I were going on Christmas Day, I would wear an appropriately themed shirt and bottoms appropriate for the weather. I dress semi nice on Christmas (better than normal sitting around the house with family type clothes), but I dress for comfort at Disney, no matter when I'm there!

Have a great time. Its our favorite time to go!

faline
10-28-2007, 05:40 PM
I agree! Be prepared for any sort of weather. You might want to hit the park in shorts if it's warm enough or with winter coats if it's cold enough.

For the parks, I'd dress as you would any time you go to the parks. If you have a Christmas dinner reservation, you might dress up a bit for that!