PDA

View Full Version : For anyone who has gone in January?

DizneeFan13
10-27-2007, 10:58 AM
My family has decided to try going this January to The World :mickey:- and I just wanted to know what the weather is usually like in January? Is it cold enough to bring jackets, or just sweaters? Any help would be appreciated, thanks:thumbsup:

Altair
10-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Be prepared for almost anything. I've experienced lows from the mid 20's to highs in the upper 80's. The mornings will most likely be cool enough for a jacket.:mickey:

Goofeygal
10-27-2007, 12:57 PM
Altair hit it right on the nose. Be prepaired from anything from upper 70's to down in the almost 20's.

BeccaO
10-27-2007, 01:12 PM
I remember many trips in January when I wished I had my wool coat along!!! Who the heck would think a wool coat in Florida would be appropriate for any time of the year???? The other posts were exactly right, the weather in January is so un-predictable that you almost have to pack a little of everything and dress in layers. To be quite honest, I would prefer cooler temps, instead of 90 degree days, I couldn't do Disney in the summer, that is why we go in January!!!! You will have a great time no matter what the temp is, afterall, it's Disney!!!!

faline
10-27-2007, 05:02 PM
We were there in January 2007. Our weather was mostly on the cool side - jeans and sweatshirts daily. We had a couple of afternoons that got really warm but the chill moved back in overnight. One night was really cold! Apparently, just before we arrived, it had been warm enough for folks to wear shorts mostly every day. So...pack for all eventualities!

tinksmom02
10-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Packing is the worst part of a January trip! Our suitcases were bursting (literally!) at the seams! We had winter coats (that I'd debated on bringing, but we left single-digit temps in NJ, so they came with us, thank goodness!), jeans, sweatshirts, shorts, bathing suits LOL If you pack a little of everything, you should be fine. If not, rest assured that WDW sells sweatpants and winter hats--at premium prices, of course! :mickey:

By the way, the low crowds are the BEST part of a January trip--at least when we were there!

Hooked on Mickey
10-28-2007, 01:23 AM
I agree. You could get anything. If it's cool beware of rides which get you wet. Save them until you're ready to leave either for the day or for a mid- afternoon break.

Bulky coats can be a hazard in the tight store isles. If need be I'd advise layers. If it's cold use a long sleeve shirt plus a sweatshirt, and a unbulky jacket if necessary. Don't forget hoods and hats can help a lot to hold in your body heat.

jenfriend
10-29-2007, 10:03 PM
2 years ago we had great weather. It rained only one day (mist-like); sweatshirts in the morning and evening. We went swimming almost every day. We're from Minnesota so it seemed warm to us. Some of the people who worked at Disneyworld had hats and gloves on which made us laugh. It was in the upper 60s to lower 80s. We loved it.

MyDisneyworld
10-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Be prepared for anything. Our last trip in January we were dressed in layers, pants all the time no shorts, sweatshirt in the morning, tshirt in the afternoon and a jacket over the sweatshirt in the evening. A few days we even wore a hat and gloves because the wind was blowing so hard at epcot. We are from Michigan so we were thinking the cold would be warm to us but we were wrong. We did try the water park one day but it was just to cold when you got out of the water so we left and yes 3 of us got sick from that by the end of the trip. But it was still a great trip to Disney.
Enjoy......