PDA

View Full Version : Help me Decide!

nickcapp
10-26-2007, 06:04 PM
I have a tough decision to make:

My Aunts and one unlce are taking my little cousin of 3 years old to Disneyworld on November 10th. They have asked me to come down with them for a couple days. They will be down from Saturday to Saturday. Two of my aunts are going down from Saturday til Tuesday. I was thinking of going from Sat. to Wed.

Here's the dilemma: My wife can't get off of work because she is a teacher. We've been married for just over a year. We both love Disney. She told me to go, but I feel so bad leaving her.

I would love to spend some time with my extended fam, I just feel incredibly guilty.

What should I do!

pdrlkr
10-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Stay with your wife. You'll have many other chances to go together. :thumbsup:

scootch713
10-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Well here is what I do... my hubby is also a teacher. We live in Ohio. So, we could only go during summer or holidays. We HATE crowds and disney is just so expensive.... so I take the girls(same week you are going) and he stays home. This will be our fourth year. The first year it was just the girls and I(they were 2 and almst 5... crazy woman you are thinking :blush:) The next year his sister went with me.... and then last year my dear niece with cancer went with me. She passed away in March :crying: This year, I am going alone with my girls again. I take tons of pictures and tons of video(usually over 4 hours worth)..... the kids and I have a blast and he is just happy that we are happy and had a great time without having to put up with huge lines and such.

So.. yes go.. you wife would want you to enjoy the magic, even though she may be a bit sad that she can't join you. If you see some crazy lady pushing two kids in a stroller(they are 5 and almost 8).... that'll be me. :)

HeidiGW
10-27-2007, 12:41 AM
I think you should go. Your wife--and she must be a sweet girl--said you should. She understands.
It's only for a few days and she will be busy with school.
It is important for you--both of you--not to forget your "first" families. It is easy to do in the excitement of your new, nuclear family. This would be a good bonding experience/emotional investment, so don't feel guilty because it isn't what we call "family bondage." You wouldn't feel bad if you had to visit family because they needed help with a construction project, etc.
Enjoy yourself. Plus, the aunts and uncle might want help with your cousin. As a mother of four, I can tell you, the more adults the better. You can all take turns endlessly riding Dumbo!
Come back and have a nice Thanksgiving with your bride. Just be sure to bring back a fabulous gift. And maybe a photo album with next year's date. You can shoot some pics (or use postcards) and write where you want to take her dinner at Le Cellier...fireworks...Soarin.
And if you really want to make points, bring back several packs of the Mickey lollipops--one for each kid in her class.:mickey:

IloveDisney71
10-27-2007, 10:38 AM
It sounds as if your wife doesn't mind if you go, so I say go for it.
My husband doesn't like the heat and crowds in the summer time, so I've taken my two DD's four or five times without him. He didn't mind. I took tons of pictures and video so he could re-live the magic with us.
I've also been without my 2 DD's or my DH once when I went with my best friend.
Yes, I felt a little guilty, but they really didn't mind. :mickey:
I say go with your extended family and make some more magical memories. Call your wife a lot and bring a little something magical home for her. (A new ornament to decorate your tree or something that she might collect?):mickey: That might help ease your "guilt" a little. :D

GrmGrninGost
10-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Go! Have a great time! Call your wife, send her post cards, bring her souveniers! But, above all, book a trip for the two of you SOON! :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-28-2007, 09:04 PM
If she said go, then go! It's not like you'll never go with her and this way you can plan exactly what you want to do when you do go together.

cal5755
10-28-2007, 09:21 PM
I say go for it!! My mom and I are going November 8-13 just the two of us. We are leaving dh and 3 kids at home. I feel a teeny bit of guilt... but not much because I know they will not enjoy the reasons we are going to be there. I say have fun with your family... it seems she is understanding. Just remember in the future when it is her turn that you be just as understanding... and I agree... bring enough lollipops back for her students to earn some points!! I also agree it is a great way to look into all the things you want to do with just her when you go back.

Let us know what you decide!!