PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a scent that says "Disney" to them?

Dsnygirl
10-26-2007, 04:25 PM
:blush: Okay, so maybe this is just weird, but ever since we first went to WDW, the perfume I wore there (Tommy Girl, and it was brand-new to me) has smelled just like being there! Now, I only tend to wear that particular perfume when we go, just to keep the fragrance unique to WDW... is that crazy?? (And of course, I wear it for a few weeks after we get home, just 'cuz I'm "homesick"...:D)

Has anybody else had this experience??

poeticeclipse
10-26-2007, 04:51 PM
YES! OMG! YES!

On my second trip to WDW I took the Chap-Stik that is in an orange/yellow tube. It's the SPF kind. Everytime I use that I think of Disney/Florida. I can't go to WDW without it. I call it my Florida chap-stik and everyone in my family knows what i'm talking about.

Funny thing, I work at a bank and today I went outside to unlock the front door and the air smelled like Disney. I wanted to stand out there forever!

ttccluvsdis
10-26-2007, 05:05 PM
I have the Disney Chapstick too. I bought it at the Mercantile at the WL. The only time I use it is when we are WDW.
My husband thinks I am crazy but I love the smell at the BCV. I have searched and searched for something that smells like the Villas. This year I bought the H2O lotion in the gift shop because it reminds me of the smell. I don't wear it everyday, only when I am feeling homesick.

Dsnygirl, I am in Utica!!!

amd780
10-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Any time I smell citrus, I'm immediately taken back to the agricultural scene in Horizons! Long live the memory of this great extinct attraction. :number1:

GrmGrninGost
10-27-2007, 03:43 PM
My DW uses a lotion that has a citrus smell. When she uses it, it's like I'm flying over the orange groves on Soarin'! Very cool! :mickey:

Marilyn Michetti
10-27-2007, 08:00 PM
The elevator at our hospital where I volunteer, smells JUST LIKE the monorail.

Also, popcorn.:cloud9:

danyele128
10-27-2007, 09:06 PM
For us , it's Loreal Kids shampoo in the yellow bottle. I am not sure of the name of the flavor but it smells just like the water rides at Disney. We love it!!:D

Tink's Mom
10-28-2007, 07:02 AM
What a cute topic. I am so glad that I am not the only one! I have two. One is a perfume, Happy to Be by Clinque. And the other is Cinnamom Bun lotion from Bath and Bodyworks. This lotion is great to wear while you are there during the holidays. :tree:

LibertyTreeGal
10-28-2007, 09:15 AM
When I pull French Toast Loaf out of the oven :cloud9:

grumpyguy
10-28-2007, 05:53 PM
yup....diesal fumes.reminds of the disney buses
(wish i was waiting for one right now!):cloud9:

Mollywobbles
10-29-2007, 01:45 AM
Sometimes at work I'll be in one of my patient's rooms in the bathroom either washing my hands or getting the water ready for their bath. There will be times that this water smells just like the water does at WDW. I automatically think of WDW.

pogo
10-29-2007, 07:24 AM
The smell of pineapple takes me right back to the Dolewhips ! Thanks Lynne. :D

SurferStitch
10-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Me too!! Me too!!

I bought Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue on our first Disney cruise in September of 2001 (along with a few days at WDW). Now, every time I wear it, it reminds me of that trip, and being on the ship. To this day it's still my favorite perfume.

Also, while I never experience it here at home, the beautiful scent of the GF lobby is one thing I'll never forget. I can literally smell it right now (just thinking about it), and every time we're at the GF, it always has that same floral scent. :cloud9:

d_m_n_n
10-29-2007, 01:42 PM
I have a "hunk" of Ocean Mist soap I bought at Basin the last time we were at DTD...it totally smells like Soarin' over the ocean. It's still wrapped with just a little break in the package for those days I need my fix! :cloud9:

EpcotChic23
10-29-2007, 04:21 PM
Trial size mens shaving creame ( I dont know the name but it has a red cap) for at least the past 10-15 years my dad always uses it when we are down in WDW when he shaves. My husband ran out with his shaving creame last month and he had to use the trial size shaving creame and I screamed "I feel like I am WDW now!!!!"

crazypoohbear
10-29-2007, 04:25 PM
Austrailian gold sun screen.
Used it on a trip when my youngest was 3. The following year the first time I applied sunscreen to him he exlaimed..."momma, I smell like disney!"
So.... that's our "disney smell"

mickey&missy
10-29-2007, 05:21 PM
I don't know what it is but something about Burt's Bees Milk and Honey lotion takes me right to AKL! Then I get a flood of memories of our trip in 05!

I love the way it smells! But, I won't use it often because I'm afraid the smell reference to WDW will go away if I do!

I didn't use it then. I only started using it about a year ago. There must be something in it that smells like the rooms at AKL!

I also have a song! Maroon 5 Sunday Morning! The first time I heard it we were walking through DTD to have dinner at Planet Hollywood during our trip in 05. I remember thinking that I really liked it. I downloaded it shortly after and listen to it for a nice memory!

mickey&missy
12-04-2007, 01:36 PM
He he! I just found a new scent!

I bought a Glade Scented Oil Candle, Apple Cinnamon, and it smells like the scene in PhilHarMagic where Donald is in the dining room in the Beast castle and they bring in a pie!!!

gwfx1031
12-04-2007, 04:09 PM
I also have a song! Maroon 5 Sunday Morning! The first time I heard it we were walking through DTD to have dinner at Planet Hollywood during our trip in 05. I remember thinking that I really liked it. I downloaded it shortly after and listen to it for a nice memory!

Any songs form the Killer's "Hot Fuss" CD gets us, but not because we were at Disney. We went to Miami for a few days and contemplated driving up to WDW for a quick visit. We had that CD playing most of the weekend, so now when we hear it we see it as a sign to head to WDW.

baby minnie's mommy
12-04-2007, 06:23 PM
:whew: Good, I'm not the only one!

You know those commercials for freshener where the people are smelling socks, the carpet, couches, etc. like they can't get enough? That's me with our clothes after Disney! :blush:

The sunblock we use apparently combines with all the Disney smells and absorbs into the clothes. I can't stand to throw my DD's little shirts in the washing machine when we get back, at least not until I've taken a few good snuggly whiffs of them first! :laughing:

TikiGoddess
12-04-2007, 08:31 PM
For one of our recent trips I bought hand wipes that had a lemon smell to them. Now everytime I use them I think of Disney!

Also, the smell of sunblock ALWAYS makes me think of Florida. Hmm, maybe I'll break out the bottle tomorrow and put a tiny bit on (even though it's below 30 deg here!). :)

TikiG

RedheadWriter
12-04-2007, 08:51 PM
The smell of smokey BBQ :camp:takes me RIGHT:joy: to
1. The fall of Rome in Spaceship Earth
2. Flame Tree BBQ
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Cinderelley
12-05-2007, 12:20 AM
I bought a bottle of Lavender Body Wash while I was at the Mandara Spa. I use it in the morning when I need a pick-me-up.

CosmicRay
12-05-2007, 02:09 PM
10 years ago DH bought me some Bath and Body Country Apple lotion before we went on our trip. I still use that lotion and always think of WDW.

I get so happy when I smell something like the Land pavilion. That water, chloriney smell! I love it!