PDA

View Full Version : It's that time of year for spooky stories

JPL
10-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Since Halloween is closing in on us fast. I thought it would be interesting to hear some of your spooky stories after I told my most recebnt one on VMK the other night.

So let's start the ball or should I say :pumpkin:rolling

:ghost::mpumpkin::witch::bat::blackcat:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Since Halloween is closing in on us fast. I thought it would be interesting to hear some of your spooky stories after I told my most recebnt one on VMK the other night.

So let's start the ball or should I say :pumpkin:rolling

:ghost::mpumpkin::witch::bat::blackcat::secret: I think Disneyworld related hauntings would be really good..., there has to be stories about Walt Disney himself being seen in the parks.

Patricia
10-27-2007, 11:33 AM
JP, we'll expect to hear your story here, not all of us got to hear it.

I have a doozy, :eek: but I'll need more time than I have right now to type it all. Actually I have several.. I get freaked a lot but they all have a common thread.

OOOooooOOoooooOOoo :bat:

JPL
10-27-2007, 03:32 PM
Ok I'll give you the short version here

As you all know I started a new job in September, well a few times in my classroom it looks a child is sitting at one of the computers when nobody is there. I just passed it off as a trick of the lighting and the way I am looking through the many computers than form like a maze of shadows. The other day I was trying to get some work done with nobody int he room and I thought I saw it again. I went back to work and continue on working and thought I saw something move. Now I have the monitors set to go into power save mode in order to save energy when they are not in use. So after I thought I saw something move I notice the monitor on 1 of the computers had come back on in the area where I thought I saw someone earlier and the movement. Needless to say I was a little freaked out since I was the only one in the room and all the other monitors were still in stand by mode.

Patricia
10-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Oh.. that is creepy JP!

Ok here goes mine.. this is only one story in a series.

Background:

When I was 10, I went to live with my Mom in Quebec, Canada for the summer. She had married a dairy farmer who lived in a very, very old 2 story farm house that had previously been the site of a Church.. there was still a cemetery in the field behind it. I used to visit the graves when I went to bring the cows in for milking. On the front yard of the house there had been a permanent cross erected to mark the place where the Church had been. Up in the attic there were several sets of initials carved into the wood walls of the children who had lived in the house over a hundred years before I ever showed up. I carved mine too. For some reason I was drawn to the attic and played up there for hours with all the cool old hats, lace up high heels and dresses made from flour sacks and old decaying lace. It was a little girls dress up dream come true. (I still have three of those hats hanging on a hall rack by my front door.)

And so it begins..

One night I woke up to bats flying around in my room!! Of course I had hair well below my butt and I had heard bats will get caught in it (I had already found out that hornets get caught in it!) So, here I was holding my hair down and screaming my lungs out.. I never once thought to pull the covers over my head. My Mother ran in.. screamed... and ran right back out. :shake: My step father saved the night by systematically killing the bats one at a time. I felt really bad for the bats and had a mourning period of about 4 minutes.. Needless to say I shut my window every night after that.

Now, later that night I heard something in the hall. So, I proceeded to sneak over to the door so I could see around the corner to the end of the stair case. Just as I stuck my head around the door way, the hall light snapped on and scared the heck out of me.. I almost fell over when my knees became weak (no comment JP!). Even scarier - after the initial shock of being blinded by the light, I realized I was the only one awake and moving around! Who turned on the light!?! There was nobody in proximity to the light switch at the end of the hall! It was this startling realization that prompted my next blood curdling scream and my Mom's bedroom door, once again, flew open and she ran to my side in her bleary eyed stupor. Within minutes of hearing my newest crises, I got "The Look". She surmised I was only scared after the bat incident, had turned the light on myself and fabricated this elaborate story so she would come sleep with me..

..but I didn't turn on the light. Someone or something else did. My Mom didn't sleep with me. I didn't sleep at all.

:eek:

I'm haunted by lights

RenDuran
10-28-2007, 05:55 PM
About five years ago, my husband and I found a beautiful old farmhouse that was in our price range. We went to see it a few times, but when I went into certain areas of the house, I just got creeped out! I figured it was because the house was old and needed some lovin'.

The last night we went to check it out, it was late at night. I was upstairs with Princess and as we came down the stairs, I was careful to turn off all the lights. We went outside to talk with my husband and real estate agent and when we turned around to look at the house, the upstairs lights were all on! I said, "That's weird, I know I turned those lights off." The real estate agent says, "That's happened a few times before!" That was all we needed to hear to renege on our offer!

Patricia
10-28-2007, 06:04 PM
Ah! What's with old houses and lights??

RenDuran
10-28-2007, 06:54 PM
I was wondering the same thing!

terri.m
10-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Here's one for you:

It's almost 5:30pm and i'm staying right across the street from Disneyland and I haven't been there yet today

:covered: :faint:

JPL
10-28-2007, 08:37 PM
Here's one for you:

It's almost 5:30pm and i'm staying right across the street from Disneyland and I haven't been there yet today

:jaw: :eek:

janmathatter
10-28-2007, 09:07 PM
That's the worst horror story I ever heard Terri.M!!!!

RenDuran
10-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Here's one for you:

Is there something wrong with the lights? :covered:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
10-29-2007, 12:44 AM
No more scary stories guys. I'm already having enough trouble sleeping without reading these! :P

PinkJJ
10-29-2007, 01:21 AM
I've got your back Doll, just don't turn off the lights. :thumbsup:

Patricia
10-29-2007, 01:53 AM
And more of my story..

Fast forward. I'm 14, living in Redondo beach California with my Dad. I've taken a summer job at a house 1 block away babysitting for a single Mom.. only catch was, she was an ER nurse working graveyard shift. So, basically, I slept at her house with the kids (2 & 4 year olds) and then spend a good part of the day with them while she slept. I loved it there and was already there for 6 weeks, when this happened...

She has a dog named Oscar. I use her bed which is right off the living room. One night Oscar crawled under the bed and started to shake violently.. I could have sworn he was either convulsing or scratching under there. The whole bed was shaking from his banging around.. anyhoo I was annoyed and trying to coax him out when suddenly he stopped shaking and the light in the living room came on. :eek: I just had to look over my shoulder and yep, nobody there but the lamp on the end table was glowing brightly (insert Psycho music here). I darn near fainted right on the spot. Then I lost it, total melt down.. that night at the farm house came flowing to the fore front of my terrified mind.. I called the next door neighbors (hysterical). I thought they would never arrive when I heard banging and them yelling at me to open the door. The man ran in carrying a baseball bat and promptly checked out the whole house from top to bottom. No forcible entry was found and the place was locked up tight (of course it was, I bolted it up tight every night to keep out the boogie man.) :blush: If someone had come in I'd have heard them and seen them... I could see right into the living room and had only put my head down to look at the dog for a moment. Yeah.. so.. The neighbors wife stayed the night with me. The kids slept through all the commotion. I continued the job for the rest of my summer and all was fine for a few more years..

:eek:
I'm haunted by lights

PinkJJ
10-29-2007, 02:21 AM
Ok Patti, your stories are completely freaking me out! Now, I too, like Doll, will be sleeping with the lights already on, just so they won't turn on by themselves. :scared:

Jeremy
10-29-2007, 02:41 AM
Good storys.:thumbsup:

Now this really happen to us cople weeks ago and some times still does.
You all know that my Grandma passed last summer.
She lived with us for 3 or 4 years before she passed away.
Well at night in my room i hear grandmas door shut in her room.
One night it was so loaud it woke my mom up at 3 am. we both got up and nothing there in her room.
so the next night i hear the door shut again at 3 am.
So i said ok this is it, who is dong that.
i ran in her room, and open the door and nothing was in her room.
so i said hmm, i turn around and right in front of me was a lady in white robe long blound hair.
and she walked toword the kitchen.
so i said ah!, i fallow her in there real slow she did not walk just a nice slow flotting.
she went in the kitchen and she went right though the wall.
so i follow her out side she was gone.
That really happen.
I did not see her face at all just her long blound hair and a white robe.
so i hear the doors alot.

I think grandma comes to say hi to us. :)

RenDuran
10-29-2007, 09:26 AM
Maybe Grandma could be a little more quiet at 3 AM! :blush:

Patricia
10-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Wow Pirate! That must have been creepy.

So.. my youngest son, poor Zac, hadn't heard my story before and he read it here last night before going to bed. I don't think he slept. I asked if he wanted me to go sleep in the garage. Heh.

My other kids already knew about this and have adjusted, not sure how Zac missed all the fun.

Oh.. yeah, I'm not done yet. :eek:

Wolf
10-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Oh this is a wonderful thread!!! I love these stories!!! Keep em coming!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
10-29-2007, 11:45 PM
Ok Patti, your stories are completely freaking me out! Now, I too, like Doll, will be sleeping with the lights already on, just so they won't turn on by themselves. :scared:

Okay, I feel assured now. At least I won't be the only one staying up late at night! :hide:

Jeremy
10-30-2007, 02:01 AM
Maybe Grandma could be a little more quiet at 3 AM! :blush:

haha yeah grandma wake me up so early lol

i think she gets hungry and gets a snack hehe:D

Hayden's Dad
10-30-2007, 09:46 AM
I've had several run ins with ghost over the years. From a haunted battleground (converted into a park) near our house, to seeing things float through my room at night, but I can't say I have ever been scared none of them seemed to be malevolent, except one. Probably close to ten or twelve years ago, my now wife then girlfriend and myself were helping some of my childhood friends clean out their grandmother's house who had passed recently. This was not a very pleasant woman when she was alive always gave you the feeling you were not wanted around her. This was a huge house three stories tall and a full basement where one of her daughters and her son used to live (wouldn't let them into the rest of the house). The house was wall to wall junk that had been accumalated, I have heard of pack rats, but this was extreme, and the whole time we were there you just had a feeling that you were being watched and you were not wanted. As we finished up for the day my now wife and myself were walking along the side of the house towards the front by ourselves when we both stopped dead in our tracks and without talking looked up. Two stories up in what would have been her bedroom there she was sitting in by the window glaring down at us with the evilest most malevolent look I have ever seen. We both moved as quickly as we could around to where the rest of the group was waiting. We didn't tell anyone what we saw thats just the kind of stuff people don't want to know about their grandmothers, but we didn't go back in and we didn't come back to help anymore. I feel very sorry for whoever was going to be moving in there. They were not going to have a good experience.

Jenemmy
10-30-2007, 09:57 AM
When I was 13 years old, my younger and only sister died. She was 11. She had cerebral palsy and was never able to walk or talk. It took years for my Dad to be able to talk about her, but when he could he told me this story. The afternoon of the day she died, he went into her bedroom alone. While there, he heard a little girl's voice say "I'm Ok, Dad" -- he went out into the hallway, thinking it was me. I was nowhere around. As he walked back into her room he again heard "Dad -- I'm fine".

I look at this as a beautiful gift from God to my Dad.....not only was He letting Dad know his baby was alright, but He allowed my Dad to hear his daughter speak for the first time.:)

Jenemmy
10-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Two stories up in what would have been her bedroom there she was sitting in by the window glaring down at us with the evilest most malevolent look I have ever seen. We both moved as quickly as we could around to where the rest of the group was waiting. We didn't tell anyone what we saw thats just the kind of stuff people don't want to know about their grandmothers, but we didn't go back in and we didn't come back to help anymore. I feel very sorry for whoever was going to be moving in there. They were not going to have a good experience.

Someday you are gonna see a made for TV movie about this house!!!

Patricia
10-30-2007, 03:40 PM
OOOOoooOOoooOooooo Hayden's Dad! That house has it's very own sentinel. :eek:

Jp, anymore stories to share??

I'll try to finish my story up here in time for Halloween..

My Mom and step Father had moved away from the farm for a few years to work in the oil industry in Alberta. When I was 19 they returned to the old farm in Quebec to retire.. sadly my step father died during the first year. My then boyfriend (later to become my husband) and I went to stay at the farm while my Mother traveled for 6 months.

Upon arriving my BF felt the house was a bit creepy. I showed him around the attic and took him to the cemetery and told him about my light incidents.. One night he woke my up to tell me he could hear the rocking chair down stairs squeaking as it rocked. I replied "Yes, it is rocking isn't it?". Well I thought he was going to flee right then and there. Poor guy was scared silly and after having fun with him for quite some time I told him the cat had probably just jumped out of it. He decided that sounded feasible and went back to sleep.

Next morning, I woke up only to find the cat had been locked outside all night. (I never did tell him that.) Two weeks later.. I was awaken by the light coming on in the hall. I woke him up and and suggested he search the house, but there was nobody. I kind of knew there wouldn't be. :(

So.. over the years this light problem continued and I have since lost count of the lights in my life. The only connection seems to be that they come on when I am stressed. So, I have decided to accept it as a comfort rather than a threat.. My husband and children (except Zac) have all been witness to the lights coming on. We don't even check for anything anymore, we just turn the light back out.

One night I was out with friends (a couple) who I'm very close to and I thought I would share my light story with them .. no sooner did I finish, when a pot light that had been off over our heads came on.

Should have seen their faces!! :jaw:

Hayden's Dad
10-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Sounds to me Patricia it is you causing the lights not a ghost or any other spectere.

Don't know if that is better or worse. :scared:

RicksCafe
10-30-2007, 04:36 PM
I'll try to finish my story up here in time for Halloween..
Does anyone else get the sense that it's patti who's haunted?

- backs away slowly -

I don't have any cool ghost stories. But I did have a cousin who had a friend whose brother had a prosthetic limb filled with cereal. (Back in the day, physicians filled prosthetics with all kinds of stuff.) His prosthesis looked just like a real arm and you could only tell it was filled with cereal if the wind was right.

Well, sadly, that guy died and was buried in a graveyard behind an old farm house somewhere in Quebec. And would you believe that graverobbers came and stole his artificial arm? To this day, people say that on nights just like this, you can still hear the ghost of that boy roaming the farmlands, wailing... "Wheeeeere's my Luuuuuucky Chaaaaarms???"

Ricks (who shouts "You've got it!")

goofhook
10-30-2007, 05:03 PM
I have a half decent story to tell. It happened today... in the school bathroom. There was the sound of running water... like a leaky sink. I was the only one who was using the water, and none of the faucets were running. The things are the kind where you have to push them for them to work, and when I was done with it, it went back on then off. At the same time, ( I was the only one in the bathroom still ) the stall doors started to slam at the end of the row... I think that a little ghost wanted a good laugh.:thedolls:

RenDuran
10-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Patti, after reading all your stories, I have only one question to ask....what are your electric bills like with all those lights always turning on?

JPL
10-31-2007, 08:47 AM
Jp, anymore stories to share??

Ok this one is creepy :eek:

I came home from work one day and was listening to my messages on my answering machine. I had a few the first 2 were uneventful nothing out of the ordinary just hi it's so and so call me back blah blah blah. Well the 3rd one started out this way but at the end got very strange. My friend had called and left her standard message and you clearly hear the phone hang up on her end as she put the receiver down. Well her last words on the message was Talk to you later bye after she hung up there was about a second or 2 before the machine cut off the call and you heard a distinct whispery voice say a long drawn out "Byyyyeeeee" Now I have a digital nswering machine so it couldn't be a remnant recoring layered on to the tape this often happened on the older tape machines. The only external microphone on the machine is activated when you record your outgoing message or a memo. The voice didn't really sound like anyone fro m her family as I am familiar with all of them and would have picked up on that and you heard her phone disconnect before the voice. I played the message for quite a few people and it freaked every single one of them out. Afew even said noway that voice is living person. Now the strangest part is that i caught it at all usually after I hear who called and what they wanted I skip to the next message but since this was the last one on the machine and i was doing other things I just let it play. Make me wonder if this happens alot or was it a one time shot and where exactly did the voice come from :eek:

Well that's all for now

"BByyyyyeeeeeee"

Patricia
11-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Jp!! I got goosebumps reading that. Creepy, creepy. :eek:

Yes, my kids agree with everyone that it is me causing the problem. But I have no control over it. I do try to maintain a stress free lifestyle. :blush:

To answer the power bill question. The one lamp that most frequently came on in the night, is now living (unplugged) in my garage. It's actually for sale..

"Wanna buy a lamp?" :funny:

Tricks.. very funny story. :D

My favorite Halloween Joke, for obvious reasons..
Q: Where do baby ghosts go during the day?
A: Day scare!

RenDuran
11-01-2007, 04:23 PM
"Wanna buy a lamp?"

Would it be a good byyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeee?(a little play on words from JP's post)

Chescat
11-01-2007, 04:46 PM
"BByyyyyeeeeeee"

:eek:...:paranoid:...:scared:

PinkJJ
11-01-2007, 09:25 PM
JP, I read your BByyyyyeeeeeee story last night right before I went to bed. I was the last one to bed and since your story really gave me chills and scared me, I was the one turning on the lights all the way up the stairs. :blush:

JPL
11-01-2007, 09:35 PM
You sure Patti wasn't turning on the lights for you :eek:

WED1901
11-02-2007, 04:38 PM
This is not really spooky but a little strange. As most of you guys know my father-n-law passed away last Dec. He loved to buy our DD stuff animals. About two weeks ago my DW and DD were leaving the grocery store. They were just about walk out the door and all of a sudden music started playing. At first my DW thought she had won a grocery shopping spree or something :spend::cart::shop:. But it was one of those machines that have stuffed animals in them. As they walked by it lit up with lights and music started playing…and the “claws” started moving by it’s self…it stopped went down and picked up…(you know how hard it is to pick up things with that claw)…a blue animal that my DW could not even recognize, and it dropped in the little bin thing. My DD looked at my DW and asked can I have it? At first she didn’t know what to do. So she said go ahead and take it. Later that day she showed our DS, and he said, “Hey cool that’s a Blue Devil”. Well our DS’s football team is the Blue Devils. My father-n-law could not wait to see him play but was never able to. We took the little blue devil to our first playoff game this past weekend and won 19-18. So the little blue devil will be going to all the games now! It was all a little odd??? Or was it???

RenDuran
11-02-2007, 05:15 PM
That is a weird story, but in a happy sort of way!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
11-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Cool stories guys! Even though Halloween is over I still get creeped out.. Once when I watched a horror movie it freaked me out so much I had to sleep in with Mouse for a week.. :scared: That's about my best scary story, and you can tell I haven't been around scary places much :D

TinkRocks
11-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Is it weird that after reading Patti's posts about lights, that I'm half expecting Patti to say "I see lights, people!"

(Referring to Sixth Sense's "I See Dead People" famous quote).

Patricia
11-04-2007, 12:40 PM
" I see lights.."