PDA

View Full Version : 3/4 value 1/4 peak

kbvette
10-25-2007, 11:36 PM
What if the first part of your vacation falls in value season and the last part falls in peak season? Do the rates change for room only?

Thanks!:mickey:

mttafire
10-26-2007, 12:20 AM
Im 99% sure the rates are what they are when you check in. Or make your ressie.

CleveRocks
10-26-2007, 05:29 AM
There was a recent change. It now works that you pay per night for the season you are in. The days are gone of a 10-day vacation ALL at the Value season rate if you check in on the very last day of Value season.

Of course, this becomes an advantage if you check-in on the last day of Peak or Holiday season.

BronxTigger
10-26-2007, 06:04 AM
There was a recent change. It now works that you pay per night for the season you are in. The days are gone of a 10-day vacation ALL at the Value season rate if you check in on the very last day of Value season.

Of course, this becomes an advantage if you check-in on the last day of Peak or Holiday season.

My understanding is that new pricing policy begins in January 2008.

LandFan
10-26-2007, 07:23 AM
My understanding is that new pricing policy begins in January 2008.

I don't think so... we are going at the end of November and the first three days of our trip are one price per night and the last 6 are another price...($20 cheaper at a value) this whole trip is supposed to be during value season...:confused:

ILoveLegos
10-26-2007, 10:45 AM

I don't think so... we are going at the end of November and the first three days of our trip are one price per night and the last 6 are another price...($20 cheaper at a value) this whole trip is supposed to be during value season...:confused:

Cleverocks and Landfan are right and the policy is in effect now, or at least it effected us Sept. 30 - Oct 6 2007, The first four nights were value season and the last two night cost about $20 more (regular season I guess). We had AP room only discounts applied but the rate still increased a bit.

KylesMom
10-26-2007, 02:58 PM
We were going to go in early July after the 4th next year . . but we actually changed our plans to late July into August when they announced the new rate structure (and pushed "value" season later in '08 for summer months). We will check in on July 19th for one night at WL for $278.44 tax included, AAA room only. The subsequent 13 nights are at $215.16 tax included for a total savings of $822.64. That's almost the cost of two of our A/Ps!

krose78
10-26-2007, 03:55 PM
The original way it worked was great when we found out about it we added one day to our ressie pushing us back to value season and saving us $500. I was disappointed when I heard they were changing it. But our Dec. ressie is all paid for so I am assuming it is staying that way.

BronxTigger
10-26-2007, 11:35 PM
Oh...I think I was getting the timing of the resort pricing changes confused with the timing of the changes to the dining plan.

I just was at WDW 2 weeks ago and my pricing did not appear to be affected by this change, but it was 2 weekend nights so the rate would be the same for both nights anyways.

CleveRocks
10-27-2007, 07:05 AM
Disney will NEVER change the price of a pre-existing reservation for which they've already quoted you a price.

NOTE: The ONLY way they will ever ask you for more money on a pre-existing reservation is if state or local sales or tourism taxes increase. They will honor their own prior agreement with you (whether or not you've actually paid for it yet), but they can't insulate you against tax increases.