PDA

View Full Version : Will we need ADR's the last week of January?

LauraSAnne
10-25-2007, 04:21 PM
My husband, his parents, his brothers and myself are going to Disney the last week of January/first week of February. Typically my husband and I eat mostly CS and never go to Disney that time of year. My mother-in-law, however, likes to have sit down dinner every night, which I'd like to do for something different. Not being accustom to many sit down meals, I'm thinking we need ADR's for all of them. She wants to just show up and eat at various places when the feeling hits her. Can we do that at that time of year we're going or should we really get ADR's? Just for reference these are some places we were thinking of eating at:

Kona, Boma, Coral Reef, San Angel Inn, Mama Melrose's, Marrakesh, etc.

LauraSAnne
10-25-2007, 04:25 PM
I forgot to mention that there will be 8 of us :blush:

laprana
10-25-2007, 05:04 PM
I think you'll probably be better off if you have ADRs. I'm not sure about going in Jan/Feb because I've never been at that time, but I know that a lot of places are really tough to get walk-up seating anymore. We called in September to get ADRs for our December trip, and had a tough time getting some of the places we wanted to eat. They told us then that Coral Reef was booked up through February, so I can only imagine that it is booked up even more by now. Kona was booked through January except for one opening at 9:00 p.m. while we'll be at WDW! I think you should especially have ADRs with such a large party. That could make it even harder, if not impossible to get walk-ups! But, if your group is really flexible and willing to eat lunch instead of dinner, or to eat a really early or really late dinner when some of the restaurants aren't as busy, you might have some luck...good luck with whatever you decide to do, and have a great trip!! :mickey:

gerald72
10-25-2007, 05:05 PM
It's always a safer bet to make the ADRs. Sure, you have to do more planning, but you are sure to have a place to sit and eat.

Strmchsr
10-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Unfortunately, with the increase in crowds and popularity of the dining plan being able to just "show up" is an exercise in frustration and futility. You can call when you get there and ask what's available, but there's a decent chance you can find something, but it might not be a top choice. Just going restaurant to restaurant, though, except to hear a lot of nos.

disneycouple2004
10-25-2007, 05:28 PM
If you want to eat a sit down meal..make your ADR's now..especially with the ones you just posted...i hate to wait when we are all hungry and tired..and i am sure your group will feel the same way...:thumbsup:...Disney marketing has found ways to fill up the parks almost 365 days a year now..so better safe than sorry is the good rule to go by ..:D

have fun !!!

tinksmom02
10-25-2007, 10:00 PM
If you want to eat a sit down meal..make your ADR's now..especially with the ones you just posted...i hate to wait when we are all hungry and tired..and i am sure your group will feel the same way...:thumbsup:...Disney marketing has found ways to fill up the parks almost 365 days a year now..so better safe than sorry is the good rule to go by ..:D

have fun !!!

:ditto:

ThanxForNoticin
10-26-2007, 12:38 PM
We have visited often in late Jan/early Feb. For any dinners that you can take a good shot at planning, you should definitely get ADRs. If you do not have ADRs, you will probably have long waits and might even be turned away (especially for a group of 8 with the list of popular restaurants you are considering). But if you do decide to just 'wing it' without ADRs, you should plan to eat at off-peak times to improve your chances. That might mean eating dinner at 4:30 instead of 7:00, but it might work. Good luck.