PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast at the Resorts

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-25-2007, 01:28 PM
:mickey: On our last trip to Disneyworld, we used one of our Table Service Credits to eat breakfast at our resort Coronada Springs. We were really disappointed because the breakfast was nothing special and kind of boring. We really want to try a couple of new things on our next trip and definitely will be eating at Boma-AK for dinner one night. We usually only eat a big breakfast only once during our stay and want it to be really good. We do not have small kids and are not interested in the character breakfast at the parks and really would like to try eating at one of the resorts. I have seen lots of good things about breakfast at Kona and was wondering if anyone can recommend it or if there is another must try breakfast. We will be paying for that meal out of pocket so it doesn't have to be something on the dining plan. Thanks.::confused:

offwego
10-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Kona's is very nice (and has the bonus of offering very good coffee!).

You mentioned not wanting the whole mikey/minnie thing but you may want to still consider Ohana as it is an "all you care to eat" but served family style meaning at your table with no buffet to deal with.

By and large as so many people are looking to "hit the parks" breakfast doesn't get "done up" in very many spots. Have you considered a tea instead?

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-25-2007, 01:55 PM
Kona's is very nice (and has the bonus of offering very good coffee!).

You mentioned not wanting the whole mikey/minnie thing but you may want to still consider Ohana as it is an "all you care to eat" but served family style meaning at your table with no buffet to deal with.

By and large as so many people are looking to "hit the parks" breakfast doesn't get "done up" in very many spots. Have you considered a tea instead? I haven't considered a tea, but I have a 13 year old son who is very concerned about not doing anything "girlie". My girlfriends and I did a "Magnolia Room" tea in Destin this summer and it was wonderful, but definitely geared to girly girls, not guy friendly at all.

disneycouple2004
10-25-2007, 01:59 PM
[QUOTE=offwego;1457533]Kona's is very nice (and has the bonus of offering very good coffee!).

YES..Ohana's breakfast is wonderful :thumbsup:
its a must do for us every year..

1goofyfamily
10-25-2007, 02:01 PM
If you don't want a character breakfast than Kona is a must. Especially the Tonga Toast! It's banana stuffed frech toast rolled in cinnamon & sugar. Otherwise even though Cape May Cafe is a character breakfast at the Beach Club; we always love having breakfast there and then walking to EPCOT.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-25-2007, 02:09 PM
If you don't want a character breakfast than Kona is a must. Especially the Tonga Toast! It's banana stuffed frech toast rolled in cinnamon & sugar. Otherwise even though Cape May Cafe is a character breakfast at the Beach Club; we always love having breakfast there and then walking to EPCOT. Yummm...both the menus at Cape May and Ohana sound good...I still think I like the "different choice" in the menu at Kona's....it sounds special...and good coffee is very important :D what is the difference in the coffee choices?

Last trip Dec. 26-Jan. 1, 2005-Coronado Springs
Jan. 1-Jan. 7, 2003-All Star Movies

ElenitaB
10-25-2007, 07:35 PM
We enjoyed our breakfast at Boma a few weeks ago. Lots of variety and some interesting choices that you don't see everywhere.

We went to tea during the same trip and ALL the guys in our party (ages 8, 11, 16 and up) all enjoyed themselves. I know my DS-11 is willing to go back (must have been something about the scones and the full pot of hot chocolate they served him :cloud9:).

#1donaldfan
10-25-2007, 08:49 PM
IMHO, I think that Boatwrights at POR has a great breakfast....plus after eating you can hop on a boat and go the DtD to shop....their sweetpotato pancakes are awesome!!!:thumbsup:

JROriole8Fan
10-26-2007, 12:01 PM
We have tried many, including Kona Cafe, but the Concourse Steakhouse in the Contemporary is far superior. While tight next to Chef Mickey, it isn't a character breakfast and is exceptional.

faline
10-26-2007, 12:07 PM
One of my favorite breakfast spots is the Grand Floridian Cafe at the Grand Floridian.

KarenP
10-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Tossing in a mention for my favorite restaurant for breakfast which is Grand Floridian Cafe.

ibrowse17
10-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Not much is better than starting your morning off with a hugh breakfast from Trail's End. We tend to only do this on our days off, as I could not walk around the parks after that type of feast:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Not much is better than starting your morning off with a hugh breakfast from Trail's End. We tend to only do this on our days off, as I could not walk around the parks after that type of feast:thumbsup:
:confused: So many choices, maybe we should eat breakfast a couple of times...ha, ha

SurferStitch
10-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Our very favorite breakfast spot is the Grand Floridian Cafe. I love their citrus french toast, and the atmosphere is so relaxing, yet elegant. Best service I've ever had at any breakfast. They really treat you very well.

We also love Kona. The food is great, even though our server made it clear he had better places to be. Despite that, we are going back in December.

And, I have to agree with others here....'Ohana is an awesome breakfast, and became a must-do for us last year. I love, love, LOVE Stitch, and the food is really good....basic, but very good. The pineapple bread is killer!

Hammer
10-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Well, to add yet another breakfast choice, we are really big fans of Yacht Club Galley for breakfast. The Crabcake Benedict is really good :tasty: !

Tygger7
10-26-2007, 01:25 PM
I saw Trails End mentioned, but also Whispering Canyon in the Wilderness Lodge as a great breakfast. There's a family style/buffet option, as well as specific things you can order.

I know the Poly restaurants are favorites for breakfast, but I can't do coconut and am afriad that some will end up in something that I'm eating. That would not be good. :ack:

MyDisneyworld
10-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Our favorite breakfast has always been Ohana or Kona Cafe but on our last trip a few weeks ago we ate at the counter service in the poly called Captain Cook's. It had the Tonga Toast from Kona and the Eggs, Sausage and Potatatoes from Ohana at more than half the price. We each got a the breakfast platter then split a Tonga Toast because it is so big. Great choice to save money and much faster so you can enjoy the parks. After we got a Kona Coffee from the stand outside of Kona Cafe. Enjoy your trip......:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-26-2007, 02:34 PM
Our favorite breakfast has always been Ohana or Kona Cafe but on our last trip a few weeks ago we ate at the counter service in the poly called Captain Cook's. It had the Tonga Toast from Kona and the Eggs, Sausage and Potatatoes from Ohana at more than half the price. We each got a the breakfast platter then split a Tonga Toast because it is so big. Great choice to save money and much faster so you can enjoy the parks. After we got a Kona Coffee from the stand outside of Kona Cafe. Enjoy your trip......:mickey::mickey: The Captain Cooks idea is great...we are still debating whether we want to spend a lot of money on breakfast, but I really wanted to try the Tonga Toast, plus we don't have to make reservations. Thanks a lot!