PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon Question

rockstar_chick17
10-25-2007, 12:40 PM
I am going to be going to Disney World for my honeymoon November 12. We have tickets for MVMCP and reservations for a dinner with Cinderella(something I've always wanted to do). I was wondering if y'all have any Disney honeymoon tips for us. Things we need to do, etc... Thanks!

Taja
10-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Definitely purchase bride & groom ears! :)

Perhaps a romantic carriage ride at POR/POFQ?

disneycouple2004
10-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Howdy Texas girl...My wife and I celebrate our anniversary every year at Disney (since we were married there and all)...besides the special dinner and the MVMCP we also try to do something else special for the both of us...like a full spa treatment at Saratoga Springs...or we took a special tour like the Keys to The Kingdom at the Magic Kingdom..:thumbsup:..it was great by the way...you can take the fireworks cruise on a boat...or many other things...i am sure you will have fun whatever you do...Congrats and have a wonderful trip !

ldn324
10-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Be sure to mention to everyone who will listen that it's your honeymoon ;) When you make your dining ADRs and/or room reservation (if you are staying on-site) especially. DH and I did this on our WDW honeymoon back in 98 and you'd be surprised at the "perks" we got - complimentary drinks, desserts, even a congratulations balloon and signed card from Mickey in our room!

Congratulations and I hope you enjoy your WDW honeymoon as much as we did!!

tennantsrwe
10-25-2007, 02:41 PM
I'd say to check out the carriage/sleigh rides at Port Orleans or Wildreness. It will give you and your new hubby a little time away from the hustle and bustle of Disney....I think it could be very romantic. They might even offer some type of honeymoon package or something? CONGRATS!

rockstar_chick17
10-25-2007, 06:02 PM
Thank you so much for all those tips! We are staying at the Port Orleans Riverside so we will definitely be checking out the carriage rides there. It sounds so romantic. And my fiance has told everyone we made reservations with that it is our honeymoon. I read somewhere that there are pins you can get in the parks for honeymooners. Where do we go to get those?

brewcrew26
10-25-2007, 06:12 PM
Congrats!

We're spending our honeymoon at WDW in April!

There are pins you can get. Just go to City Hall on Main Street (you can get pins for a bunch of occasions - birthdays, honeymoons, 1st trips, etc.) I think you can get them other places, too. Just check with a CM when you check-in or the concierge.

Definitely get the ears, too! I've been told by a lot of recent Disneymooners you'll receive Fastpasses and other perks like special desserts, certificates signed by Mickey and Minnie with a special menu, and just great overall treatment!

If you need any other help planning your honeymoon, just PM me! :mickey:

faline
10-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

You might want to check out this information on Romance at Disney World! (http://http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/adults/romance.asp)

dan24
10-25-2007, 09:14 PM
my wife and I went to wdw for our honeymoon neither of us had been there before and did not knwo what to expect.. first off slow down and take it in and enjoy.. buy a new pair opf shoes a couple of weeks before you go and get them broke in..take bandaids and this magical stuff called absorbene jr.. it is like bengay... believe me you will need it.. have a great time and cangrats !:mickey:

Hooked on Mickey
10-28-2007, 02:00 AM
We went to WDW on our honeymoon in 1990 and had a great time. We saved all sorts of things which normally you wouldn't save and used them to make a scrapbook. (This is before scrapbooking became popular.) Things like ticket stubs, napkins, coasters, receipts, park passes, (of course in those days they were still paper tickets which got punched.) Save some maps from each area, you'd be surprised how much will change over the years.

And of course don't forget photos. Castmembers will be happy to take photos of you so you can both be in the picture.

Lastly, bring a small notebook to write down interesting tidbits of what you did and what you thought. Odd people, interesting stories, even what and were you ate. It's hard to do after a long day. And it is your honeymoon after all, but if you do it in a few years you'll be glad you did.

Have fun.