PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass question

Goofy Pluto
10-25-2007, 11:40 AM
Hi everyone. Question about fastpasses...

So when you get a fast pass, it gives you a time frame in which you are supposed to return to ride a ride. I think I read somewhere here that you can return ANY time after your fastpass time. So if I get a fastpass with a time from 1:00 to 1:15, can I come back at 5:00 instead? Or basically any time after 1:00? I only ever returned in the alloted time frame so I'm wondering about this. This would make things much easier.

Thanks.

Narawen
10-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Yes, you can return any time after the beginning of your allotted time slot. Just not before.

magicman
10-25-2007, 11:53 AM
Yes; however, it does have to be on the same day.

mttafire
10-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Yes; however, it does have to be on the same day.
Yep. I've used a fastpass WAY past the hour it was "supposed" to be used. As long as its the same day and you dont try to use it BEFORE the stated time..You'll be fine.:thumbsup:

Figment!
10-25-2007, 12:13 PM
One can not return prior to the start of the time window.

One can likely be able to return after the end of your time window on the same day the pass was issued.

Guests are only guaranteed access during the time window printed, returning after that window on the same day is per the acting Cast Members discretion--but more likely than not it is granted.

mttafire
10-25-2007, 12:21 PM
One can not return prior to the start of the time window.

One can likely be able to return after the end of your time window on the same day the pass was issued.

Guests are only guaranteed access during the time window printed, returning after that window on the same day is per the acting Cast Members discretion--but more likely than not it is granted.
Agreed,.:thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
10-25-2007, 12:23 PM
The above have confirmed my response as well. Just this June we utilized our FP's AFTER the alloted time.....but it's certinally not a guarantee...

youngOx96
10-25-2007, 12:34 PM
I know you're not supposed to return before the beginning of your allotted time slot. However, I have to admit that this may not always be enforced. I think it depends on the cast members you encounter.

Although it was not intentional, we recently found ourselves in the Test Track area about 10 minutes prior to our return time. We approached the cast member to inquire about a child swap, when they told us to go ahead and enter the FP queue. The second CM collecting the tickets didn't even take notice of the time on our tickets (this seemed to be a recurring theme throughout our Fast Pass experiences).

At first I thought this might be a fluke, so I had to do an experiment. The next day we were back at Test Track and found that we were allowed to do the same thing.

I realize that this may be considered unethical,:secret: and I admit my conscience would not allow me to make a habit of doing this.:blush: But, it's good to know that if you only have about five or so minutes before your allotted time, the CMs are likely to allow you access.

WVParkfan
10-25-2007, 12:43 PM
I know you're not supposed to return before the beginning of your allotted time slot.

I must admit that I accidentally did the same thing... but I returned 2 hours early!

One very hot and crowded day, I got FP's for my DD7's favorite ride (Peter Pan). We went to eat lunch, where I discovered that our FP's were getting ready to expire (they were from 11:10 to 12:10). We went, we used them, and we had a great time.

However, when we got off the ride, my wife asked me "how" we were able to use them so early. I was confused until she explained to me that they were actually good from 1:10 to 2:10. I guess I read them wrong, and I felt bad about it. BUT, I would never do that intentionally.

DisneyDudet
10-25-2007, 12:46 PM
Just remember, if more people return when they feel like it, it defeats the purpose and science around FP. DLR does it this way, and I've never waited longer in a FP line than I did there.

So, to fully use FP, return when you're supposed to, please.

mttafire
10-25-2007, 01:01 PM
The above have confirmed my response as well. Just this June we utilized our FP's AFTER the alloted time.....but it's certinally not a guarantee...
Exactly, It IS accepted to return after the time expires, Just not before.

cydconn3
10-25-2007, 04:17 PM
I agree with all of the above posts.

I just want to share what happened to my family this week. DS9 tends to be a worrier. We were just there in April and he LOVED EE and RnRC. We rode it multiple times (even a few in single rider lines which rock:number1:). So, this trip, we headed into the single rider line at EE and DS9 had a panic attack and decided not to ride at the last minute. A cast member noticed us leaving the line and asked what was wrong. After I explained, he gave us a set of fastpasses. He indicated that we were to not worry about the time, that they never expired (for that day).

Well, we rode the ride and, of course, DS LOVED it all over again. I had him thank the cast member who again gave us a set of fastpasses with the comment that they didn't expire.

We repeated this experience over again at RnRC with another single rider line panic attack by DS9. Again a cast member gave us two fast passes and indicated they didn't expire.

While I always used the fastpasses we personally obtained in the stated time, I thought this was very kind and helpful of the cast members. I also found it telling that cast members in two separate parks both indicated that the fast passes never expired. When I looked at the tickets, they were identical to the others we had obtained. :shrug:

BTW, we ended up riding EE about 7 times and RnRc 8 or 9 (lost count after a while). :dizzy:

PeterPan
10-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Yes, there is a "window of an hour" in which you are supposed to return - everyone knows that. BUT the way the system has been designed FROM THE GET-GO is to allow late returning guests to get in. The small percentage that return LATE are figured into the equasion. If you return late you are NOT goofing up the system, so to speak. We had a long discussion about the FP system with one of the developers at a Disney seminar once several years ago. They felt like it would be (as he put it) "punitive" to turn people away who missed their time slot. HOWEVER - returning EARLY is a BIG no-no, and simply not supposed to be allowed. If you are allowed in a FP line BEFORE the alloted time, the CM is making a huge mistake.

FP is a little different at Disneyland and very different at Disneyland Paris. Why, I don't know. I don't know if the system design is different, or if it is enforced differently. At DLP, they will turn you away in a heartbeat - it's the Window of Opportunity or Hit the Road Jack.

PeterPan
10-25-2007, 05:04 PM
Oh, one more thing.

At the end of the day, start looking for discarded fast passes on the ground. Many people think "Well, I missed my window" and throw it away. We have found MANY fast passes on the ground. Grab 'em and Use 'em I say!

mttafire
10-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Oh, one more thing.

At the end of the day, start looking for discarded fast passes on the ground. Many people think "Well, I missed my window" and throw it away. We have found MANY fast passes on the ground. Grab 'em and Use 'em I say!
AMEN!!:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
10-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Returning late does appear to be at the discretion of the CMs and from what I saw last week it appears to depend on how busy and popular a ride is. They seemed to be more strict at Soarn' and the lines were long, even at the FP entrance where many people were waiting for their hour window. I saw some poeple who were late being turned away.

Being turned away when late also occurred at Expedition Everest. That was because the FP line got so long that everything was starting to slow down (standby and FP), likely because there were too many coming outside of their return window. Rather than speeding things up the FP process was causing things to become even slower and the crowd in both queues were becoming angry. It made a good case for why the 1 hour window should be enforced.

DisneyDudet
10-26-2007, 10:02 AM
Returning late does appear to be at the discretion of the CMs and from what I saw last week it appears to depend on how busy and popular a ride is. They seemed to be more strict at Soarn' and the lines were long, even at the FP entrance where many people were waiting for their hour window. I saw some poeple who were late being turned away.

Being turned away when late also occurred at Expedition Everest. That was because the FP line got so long that everything was starting to slow down (standby and FP), likely because there were too many coming outside of their return window. Rather than speeding things up the FP process was causing things to become even slower and the crowd in both queues were becoming angry. It made a good case for why the 1 hour window should be enforced.

AMEN!

PirateLover
10-28-2007, 03:37 PM
I've never used a FP after my window expired, mostly because we never knew this was acceptable practice until about a year ago.
We were let on Jungle Cruise 15 mins early once because we didn't want to kill time anywhere else and we were hanging around the entrance. No one was in the FP line so the nice CM actually reached out to us and let us in the line.

Clearly, you are expected to try to return within the allotted hour, otherwise there wouldn't be an "end" time, only a "start" time. That being said, I don't have a problem with people who were maybe held up at another ride or at a meal using their fast pass late, but I have read posts in the past where people get fastpasses with no intention to use them when they are supposed to, saving them up for "one last ride" at the end of the day. This is an abuse of the system, in my opinion.

DisneyDudet
10-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Clearly, you are expected to try to return within the allotted hour, otherwise there wouldn't be an "end" time, only a "start" time. That being said, I don't have a problem with people who were maybe held up at another ride or at a meal using their fast pass late, but I have read posts in the past where people get fastpasses with no intention to use them when they are supposed to, saving them up for "one last ride" at the end of the day. This is an abuse of the system, in my opinion.

I agree... a long wait or slow service at a restaurant or getting caught in a ride/line that you thought would be fast (we had this *almost* happen to us) is one thing, but to intentionally wait until 6 hours after your time is over to get a ride in when you feel like it, is a WAY different story.

Keep that option as an last ditch effort, and NEVER count on it.

garymacd
10-28-2007, 07:38 PM
Oh, one more thing.

That sounds great. My only wish is that people would use the trash receptacles instead of the ground. Of course, that makes it difficult to find discarded fast passes.

merlinmagic4
10-28-2007, 08:06 PM
I agree... a long wait or slow service at a restaurant or getting caught in a ride/line that you thought would be fast (we had this *almost* happen to us) is one thing, but to intentionally wait until 6 hours after your time is over to get a ride in when you feel like it, is a WAY different story.

Keep that option as an last ditch effort, and NEVER count on it.

Agreed 100%. Try to use your fastpass during the window. If we all showed up when we wanted, it certainly would defeat the purpose. I have actually passed up another ride for fear of being late for a fastpass ride. I won't worry about a few minutes anymore but I would get there as soon as possible.

DisneyDudet
10-28-2007, 08:32 PM
That sounds great. My only wish is that people would use the trash receptacles instead of the ground. Of course, that makes it difficult to find discarded fast passes.

Unless you enjoy looking through the trash...

You never know some people...

Jared
10-28-2007, 09:33 PM
You said it exactly right, Morgan. I have no problem with people entering the FASTPASS line after the allotted window, especially if they try to arrive on time. Guests shouldn't intentionally show up six hours late hoping to jump on the attraction. There is a reason why the tickets have an hour slot.

Just use your judgment and try to arrive on time. If that's impossible, don't fret too much.