PDA

View Full Version : Options for 5

Frog
10-25-2007, 09:55 AM
I know last year about this time when I was researching the "Dream" for our family, the only moderate allowing 5 in a room was POR...
Have any other affordable options for a family of 5 poped up since then?
I offer this up to the board as you all seem to really know your stuff!!

RedSoxandPatsfan
10-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Have you thought about getting two adjoining rooms at a value resort? It might be a little more expensive but would also give you a little more space to all fit comfortably.

Frog
10-25-2007, 11:28 AM
Greg-
Thanks for the reply!
We have thought about the adjoining room thing. It may be something we do as our kids get older (my DW and I don't age anymore :thumbsup: ), but for now we really don't mind squeezing in to a room. We did it a few years ago when our littlest was just two at POFQ. We don't spend very much time in the room anyway! Our biggest hitch is the ole budget...
We are just trying to make it as affordable to "Dream" as possible :mickey:
We have decided that the way to go for us is to stay on property. We did not do a Disney trip last year, and chose something a little closer to home and a little more affordable... but are looking at a trip to Florida again for next spring/summer.
Any other ideas? They are greatly appreciated!

laprana
10-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Have you looked at the cabins at Fort Wilderness? They can sleep up to 6, and I think (but am not positive) that they are cheaper than staying at a moderate resort. Not sure if they are cheaper than 2 rooms at a value resort, though. FW does have lots of fun activities for kids, like a campfire where they can roast marshmallows and a nightime movie with Chip and Dale. All Stars Music also has family suites that also can sleep up to 6, so that also could be something to consider. Hope that helps and good luck with all of your planning! :mickey:

#1donaldfan
10-25-2007, 12:54 PM
For a fam of 5 your cheapest and best experience will be at POR!!! Two rooms at a value will certinaly cost more and POR has to be my all time favorite....you'll love it there !!!!:thumbsup:

Taja
10-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Yep! Least expensive option for a family of 5 is Alligator Bayou at POR. Two connecting value rooms or ASMu family suite would be next, followed by Fort Wilderness Cabins. I'm not sure, but I think a one-bedroom DVC accommocates a maximum of 4 guests (plus infant in pak-n-play).