PDA

View Full Version : Mousekeeping at Moderates

disneyplates
10-24-2007, 11:16 PM
Yesterday I posted a question about any problems with Mouesekeeping. Thanks to all who posted an answer. My next question is "Does it seem that POR has more problems with mousekeeping?" and " Does the other moderate resorts have the same problem?" We plan to stay at a moderate and I was leaning toward POFQ but now I dont know. :confused: I dont think we can afford a deluxe resort. Any suggestions??:confused:

Mickey 101
10-24-2007, 11:41 PM
I believe I posted on your other discussion. We've stayed at CBR and POFQ and the only oversight by mousekeeping was dust on the wood furniture, in our experience. It didn't bother us enough to complain. Other than that, the rooms looked great.

crazeedizneefinatic
10-24-2007, 11:42 PM
I think it's hit or miss. We have stayed value and moderate and mostly had great experiences with them being clean. Only 1 or 2 problems in all the times we have stayed. I don't think Disney has a "dirty" resort. I am sure things happen from time to time just like anywhere and I am sure even at the deluxe resorts there have been rooms not up to par. If that is the case just phone the front desk and it should be taken care of immediately.

mttafire
10-24-2007, 11:57 PM
Havnt had any issues with mousekeeping at any resort. I really wouldnt worry.

buzznwoodysmom
10-25-2007, 12:06 AM
I don't think it really matters which resort or resort catagory you are staying at. We stayed at Pop Centry for one night in Feb. and our room was spotless, very clean. Then we checked in at Wilderness Lodge for 6 nights and had a room that hadn't been dusted and never got really cleaned until we called and complained. The room was never vacumned, the bathroom was never mopped and we were given dirty glasses. We also stayed at Shades of Green and The Swan resort on that trip and both of those rooms were the cleanest we've ever had. Your best bet is to call housekeeping as soon as a problem arises and it should be taken care of.

Crystal Palace
10-25-2007, 12:12 AM
We stayed at Riverside and we loved our towel animals. We saw our maid the day we left and she told us to take them home. I have them in my bathroom now. :)

Mousefever
10-25-2007, 12:50 AM
We stayed at CBR November of '05 and had a wonderful mousekeeper!! The room was very clean and she left lots of towel animals. I actually called management to tell them how wonderful she was.

That being said, I really think it depends on your mousekeeper, his/her work ethic and his/her sense of play.

Amy

:dory:

mrsgaribaldi
10-25-2007, 07:34 AM
I've been to Disney World about 15 or more times and never really had a problem. The only thing that disturbed me was on the last trip we found a pill on the floor under the bed. Nothing serious to us but potential harmful or even life threatening if taken by a child/infant.

CanadianWDWFan
10-25-2007, 08:21 AM
We have always had good Mousekeeping in all our stays. Sure there were slip ups for a day or so on every trip, but overall we have never had any real complaints.

As for POR, when we were at POR for the Intercot 10th Anniversary Meet we had the BEST Mousekeeper we have ever had, even compared to our stays at the Deluxe resorts. Our room was always cleaned early and was spotless.

Kairi_7378
10-25-2007, 08:25 AM
I've stayed at RS and FQ. Didn't have bad problems with either resort. Thought FQ was more efficient in the morning about cleanup (rooms were ready for check in at 9:30 AM!) and we got lots of animals. I agree that it is all a matter of what mousekeeper you get assigned for your stay as to how clean your room is.

McGoofy
10-25-2007, 09:00 AM
I have never had a bad experience with Mousekeeping not properly cleaning a room, and I have stayed several times in all categories value up to deluxe. I also have a unique situation in which one time my son's security blanket was accidentally gathered up in the linens by Mousekeeping. After we got home, I had much correspondence with the head of Mousekeeping, and he was so nice. Long story short, they were not able to find it by looking themselves, but he invited us to come look through their lost and found. On the day that we went back to do that, this same guy gave us a personal tour of Textile Services. He said he wanted to show us how that through the process of cleaning the linens, anything that is not linens would "filter" out and wind up in lost and found. This was absolutely amazing.

I still have the paperwork from the tour of the housekeeping plant. I am just going to type something word for word for you to read:

"The textile Services Housekeeping Plant processes the guest room linens for 21,000 Disney Hotel rooms, Resort pools, and three major water parks. This facility is an automated, high-volume laundry that utilizes continuous batch washers with an automated sorting and clean side monorail system. This plant processes 17,000 pounds of linen each hour and has an actual capacity of 82 million pounds of linen per year. In one week, over 25,000 slings of processed linen are guided throughout the 140,000 square foot facility on three miles of monorail track. Each day, over 180,000 towels, 70,000 wash cloths, 40,000 sheets and 63,000 pillowcases are sorted, cleaned, folded and assembled on metros which are linen room and housekeeper ready. Each week, this plant processes 400 miles of sheets. Tied together end to end, this would be enough to reach from our plant to Key West, Florida."

I saw first-hand the whole process of sorting, washing, folding (they even have this huge flat iron that irons/folds the sheets.), etc... I even saw them washing all of the bedspreads. That's a biggie for me. DH laughs at me because Disney hotels are the only hotels that I will sleep with the bedspread. At any other hotel, I am never sure how clean the bedspread is, so I don't use it. Anyway, after seeing all of that, I KNOW, KNOW, KNOW that the linens at Disney resorts are very clean!!:laundry:

As for the final outcome of the room, that's up to how well Mousekeeping does. As I have said before, in our many stays we have never experienced any problems with a dirty room.

One final thing...one time after coming home, we received a post card saying that we had left something in our room. We didn't even know that we were missing anything. When we called about it, it was a charger for something that we had left plugged into one of the outlets. Mousekeeping that cleaned the morning that we left noticed what we had left behind, and they tracked us down.

I have nothing but good things to say about Mousekeeping!!:thumbsup:

Oh, and in case anybody is wondering, yes, we did find the security blanket at lost and found!:cloud9: It had been industrialy washed, dried, and flat-ironed! I don't think it had ever been cleaner before or has been cleaner since!!

#1donaldfan
10-25-2007, 12:59 PM
It has to be rare...we've stayed at POR for years and years and have NEVER had a problem with them.....mousekeeping there, at least for us, has been exceptional. I suppose with these type of questions you have to pick and choose and hope for the best with what you finally decide. POR for us is like a home away from home. :thumbsup:

SurferStitch
10-25-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm one of the people who posted in the other thread.

We stayed at POR in September and December of 2003. Both stays were pretty much disgusting. The December trip was booked about a year in advance (we were going with another couple). The September trip was only booked a couple months in advance due to a special promotion, so DH and I thought we would try it out before we went with our friends in December.

Both times we had terribly dirty rooms (stayed in the mansion section both times - Parterre Place). Carpet was horrible....dirty, stained, thick layer of dust/crud in the corners. Body hair from the previous inhabitants that I had to clean out of the bathroom, musty smell, dingy, overall gross. We asked for better cleaning to be done, and some deodorizing to remove the stagnant smell, but got nothing. Our window was coated in cobwebs and spiders and looked like it was never cleaned.

The December trip wasn't any better, but we were only there for a few days before the cruise, so we didn't want to waste time trying to get another room.

We never walked barefoot, and touched as little as possible.

We stayed at CBR in October of 2004, and our room was awesome. Very clean and bright, and fresh smelling. No complaints at all.

POR is the ONLY resort we had cleanliness problems at, and two times in a row.

ToDisney
10-25-2007, 04:35 PM
etc... I even saw them washing all of the bedspreads. That's a biggie for me. DH laughs at me because Disney hotels are the only hotels that I will sleep with the bedspread. At any other hotel, I am never sure how clean the bedspread is, so I don't use it. Anyway, after seeing all of that, I KNOW, KNOW, KNOW that the linens at Disney resorts are very clean!!:laundry:

I don't guess you know how often they wash the bedspreads??

I can't stand my kids even sitting on them.

illini
10-25-2007, 04:58 PM
I read a tip on here that you can request freshly laundered bedspreads. My kids have terrible allergies/asthma so I'm going to do that this time. Without a fresh one, no uncovered body part may touch the bedspread. :mickey:

Anyway, we've stayed at POR twice. The rooms were immaculate. Nothing I could complain about.

I think you're correct that it ~looks~ like there's a problem with POR. But I think that's just because POR is extremely popular on Intercot and more people stay there so a problem is more likely to be reported for that resort than CS, for example, where not nearly as many members have stayed. I doubt there is much difference in mousekeeping issues from resort to resort.

The Flying Dutchman
10-25-2007, 05:20 PM
We've stayed at both CS and POP and had great experiences with Mousekeeping at each resort. The rooms were very clean and we recieved multiple towel animals that now reside with us in Indiana.
While I hate to say it, I think its completely hit or miss. Fortunately, it seems to "hit" on the cleanliness much more frequently for most people than not.

Marker
10-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Over the years I have stayed at a variety of value and moderate WDW resorts and I have never had an issue with the cleanliness of our rooms.

As with anything, or any place, I'm sure situations occur from time to time, but to my experience, I have not encountered anything, much less anything that couldn't be quickly resolved with a friendly phone call.

I'm sure if I was intent of finding a problem then perhaps I could, but that is not my focus. I tend to be ok with things being ok, and don't need to find issue where there may or may not be any.

Over the years my wife, my kids and I have layed on the bed spreads, walked barefoot on the carpets, used the toilet, the shower, and the sinks, and none of us have suffered any health issues, or even died from the experience. :D

Good luck, and hopefully you'll experience the typical cleanliness, and not the rare exception.

GrmGrninGost
10-25-2007, 07:18 PM
We have stayed at all the moderates. We have stayed at POR twice, including 9 days this past Sept. and I have never had any problem with mousekeeping. I highly recommend POR or any of the other moderates! Enjoy your stay! :mickey:

Carol
10-26-2007, 08:44 AM
I just stayed at Riverside this month for a week and had absolutely no issues with mousekeeping. In fact the resort was at capacity when we checked in.

As stated above; resort category has nothing to do with service. The worst experience I've had with cleanliness at Walt Disney World was at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Being a Value, Moderate - or Deluxe doesn't matter.

Ian
10-26-2007, 10:42 AM
The worst experience I've had with cleanliness at Walt Disney World was at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Being a Value, Moderate - or Deluxe doesn't matter.I agree with Carol. I've stayed at Pop a bunch of times and, outside of one time they missed cleaning our room mid-trip, I never had any issues with room cleanliness.

I have, however, had multiple problems at some of the mods and deluxes and know others who have, as well.

I don't think resort category really enters into it.