PDA

View Full Version : Military ticket Question

Disneyfun
10-24-2007, 11:07 PM
Here is a good one for everyone? We are planning a trip in January with our best friends and their 2 little girls. To make a long story short, my friend is a federal employee that works on a military base and is able to purchase tickets with the military discount. He offered to purchase our tickets, which will save us about $100!
Will all adults have to show military ID, just the person that purchased the tickets, or will no one have to show ID?
I remember my mother doing the same thing for us when we went on a trip in the late 80's, but I cannot remember if she had to show ID or not - I was only 15!
If anyone has in hard information, I would greatly appreciate it!

buzznwoodysmom
10-25-2007, 12:11 AM
If you are talking about purchasing tickets from Shades of Green then only the person buying the tickets has to show ID. Only military or DoD employees are allowed to purchase the tickets so you won't be able to go in and purchase your own. You'll have to give your friend the money. However, I am pretty sure that he can purchase as many tickets as he wants. I know DH and I purchased tickets for ourselves and our family a few years back and we didn't have any problems purchasing 10 hoppers. I am not sure how many tickets you need or for how many days, but the only savings you get at Shades of Green is that you don't pay tax. For our family of 4 purchasing 5 day hoppers it only saved us about $50.00.

kakn7294
10-25-2007, 12:14 AM
When my BIL bought tickets for all of us in 2003, he was the only one who had to show military ID so unless it's changed recently, only your friend has to show his ID.

mttafire
10-25-2007, 12:16 AM
As long as the "purchaser" is in the military or works on base..They can buy as many as they want too. There is no rule nor care as to whom they give them too.
Kakn is correct with the above statements.

JohnnyJayhawk
10-27-2007, 11:47 AM
DW is a DOD employee and we always buy our tickets ahead of time at our the base. There has never been an issue with anyone showing ID when entering the parks.

I believe the tickets are at a discount on post, in addition to no tax being paid.

Leaving in 7 days!!!!

Marilyn Michetti
10-27-2007, 07:48 PM
I just bought tickets this Thurs. at Luke AFB, and the person in front of me was buying for a Grand Gathering.

The tickets are different than what I've gotten at SOG. They're paper, and say "Military Discount" - Air Force. I got two four day hoppers for DL for $315.

The person buying the tickets have to show I.D., and can buy for anyone in their party.:thumbsup: