PDA

View Full Version : Off site accomodations

EeyoresBestFriend
10-24-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm checking out all our options for an upcoming quick trip in April 08. This is our first visit since 1989! :woohoo:
Has anyone any options about the fairfield hotel just off site? How far from Disney is it? Has anyone stayed at a place they'd recommend? We don't have a car - so closer would be better. Are both parks and DD in the same area?
I appreciate any help - Thanks!!:yay:

NotaGeek
10-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Hey there, I am going to zap this over to Accomodations for you, you will get tons of help there. Also be sure and check out the existing threads because lots of the area hotels are already discussed at length, so you can get some good info.

I personally choose 3 hotels if I am staying off property. All 3 are very close to the DLR, clean with friendly staff and i have stayed at all 3 several times:

1. The Best Western Park Place Inn and Suites -- directly accross the street from Disney's Main entrance. Availabilty can be hard to find since this is a very popular hotel!

2. The Ramada Maingate -- just 1/2 a block down from the main entrance, less than 10 minute walk and it has REALLY good rates!

3. Fairfield Inn Anaheim Disney Resort -- an easy 10 minute walk and the have a good food court and very comfy rooms.

Hold on for your quick transport!

Melanie
10-24-2007, 07:05 PM
The Fairfield Inn Anaheim is very nice and very convenient. I'd stay there again. :thumbsup:

We've also stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites, and although the stay was fine, we probably wouldn't stay there again. It was, um, strange.

The parks and Downtown Disney are in the same location, and easily accessible by foot if staying at any of the area "across the street" hotels.

SignguyTom
10-27-2007, 01:34 PM
We are huge fans of the Carousel Inn. It is right across the street from DL main entrance and has one of the better free breakfasts. The rooms have been recently remodeled and are always very clean and nice.

Also, within a 1/4 block, are a McDonalds, an IHOP, Tony Romas and a family buffet (though I've never eaten there and have heard some bad things about it). There are probably even more, but I don't recall them at the moment.

The Tropicana, right next door, is also nice, but the breakfast is kinda lame...

Bobby T
10-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Just got back from DL, and stayed at the Candy Cane Inn. Highly recommended. Walking distance to the parks and a continental breakfast is provided.

EeyoresBestFriend
11-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Thank you for the help ~

That gives us some great options!:cloud9:

Marla
11-09-2007, 10:53 PM
All of the above I agree, except I have not yet stayed at the Candy Cane, but always hear great things about them. One to add to your list is the Park Vue Inn, nice rooms, decent continental breakfast, actually the closests to the walk to Disney, not far..these Harbor Blvd. hotels are closer than Disney Resorts.:secret::tink: