PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Peak Crowd Strategies

jclightchasr
10-24-2007, 04:18 PM
We will be going Dec 26st-Jan 1st, these fall within my locked in vacation days each year.
We will have four days in the parks on Dec 27, 28, 30, and 31st. It will be our first New Years eve at WDW. We will be traveling with 3 children ages 9, 4, and 2.
This is of course is one of the busiest times of the year. For those with crowd busting experience any advice would be appreciated. I am familiar with fastpass and emh, basics but advanced strategies would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

mudpuppysmom
10-24-2007, 04:56 PM
You probably already know this one, but make sure to pack extra patience in your backpack to hand out throughout the day......it's more than likely that someone will need a sprinkle here and there.

I'd also say utilize AM EMH -- when we have gone it does not seem like very many people get up early for the AM EMH's.

Good Luck!!

TKDONALD
10-24-2007, 04:56 PM
I have been there 3 times during New Years. The crowds are crazy. Every time that I go during that time, I pick the attraction that I really would not want to miss. Also I have seen when i went to get a fast pass for splash moutain around noon, the earliest time to redem it was around like 9:00pm. So plan what you want to do ahead of time to try to get a jump on the crowd.

Good Luck:mickey:

jclightchasr
10-24-2007, 05:23 PM
Since you can get another fastpass 2 hours after the time when you got your previous one, is this time printed on the fastpass or should I write it down. I can't remember

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-25-2007, 10:20 AM
We will be going Dec 26st-Jan 1st, these fall within my locked in vacation days each year.
We will have four days in the parks on Dec 27, 28, 30, and 31st. It will be our first New Years eve at WDW. We will be traveling with 3 children ages 9, 4, and 2.
This is of course is one of the busiest times of the year. For those with crowd busting experience any advice would be appreciated. I am familiar with fastpass and emh, basics but advanced strategies would be helpful. Thanks in advance. Our last trip was Dec. 26-Jan 1, 2005...do be prepared for heavier crowds and make your table service reservations now if you haven't already. All the restaurants were booked when we got there so if you didn't have prior reservations you were stuck with counter service. Also, go to Magic Kingdom before New Years Eve or New Years Day it will be too crowded to go with young children during that time...I would suggest MGM or Animal Kingdom for those days. Fastpass popular and new attractions and go early before lines get too long....Most of all, remember, its a vacation relax and enjoy.

chicade88
10-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Since you can get another fastpass 2 hours after the time when you got your previous one, is this time printed on the fastpass or should I write it down. I can't remember

The time that you can return to get another Fastpass is printed on the pass itself.