PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood & Vine Review

Vinny
10-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Just got back from WDW last night and had a great time. With the weather as hot as it was (80's-mid 90's), it felt like summer in mid October. Our one ADR that we had booked for the trip was for the buffet at Hollywood & Vine. Going in, my expectations were low because I had posted a question on the boards a few weeks before our trip to get some reviews of the buffet, which came back mixed.

The number and variety of selections was more than adequate for a buffet and I especially enjoyed the carving station serving up roast beef and pork slices. The service was great too. We were seated in about 10 minutes after arriving for our ADR which surprised me because there was such a large crowd already waiting to get in.

The dessert bar is what really set this buffet apart from others for me. Cheese cake, double chocolate cake, chocolate moose truffles and various other desserts are prepared in a bite size portion which allows you to sample all of the desserts that you want.

Overall, I would recommend Hollywood & Vine to others and return there myself. It was well worth it.

GreenBeetle
10-24-2007, 04:07 PM
I totally agree, Vinny. We love H&V and take advantage of the Fantasmic! Dinner Package whenever we are there. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
10-24-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm really glad it turned out to be a winner for you! That's good news.

Jared
10-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal! My family and I had a good experience at Hollywood & Vine a few years ago.

Thanks for the review.

:tasty:

Belle_0717
10-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Family and I just returned too. Was that weather unbelievable or what? I am glad I brought 2 outfits for each day and THANK GOD for POOLS!!!

H&V was great. We were there for the Playhouse Disney breakfast - UNBELIEVABLE!!!! The food was wonderful. When I went with DH (then DBF) in 2004 I was very disappointed with dinner. I am glad to hear it's doing better. I would definitely return for breakfast with or without my 1 year old DNephew.

PrincessASquared
10-25-2007, 01:48 PM
Glad to hear you had a good experience.:thumbsup: I have the Fantasmic dinner package booked there in just over a month:D Can't wait!

Mickey'sGirl
10-25-2007, 01:51 PM
We had almost the very same experience as you in April, Vinny! I think it is a terrific buffet, and the choices were great. All four of us were happy with H&V. Thanks for the review! :thumbsup:

tennantsrwe
10-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the info! :thumbsup: I, too, was a little concerned with Hollywood and Vine since I had read some of the responses to your original post. We have ADR for our Dec. trip and I've been responsible for picking all the resturants for my family as well as my inlaws who are traveling with us. (and they are all sooooo picky!) So, THANKS, for the good review. I know the desert bar will be a BIG hit...who doesn't like desert? Hope you enjoyed your trip!

Vinny
10-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Family and I just returned too. Was that weather unbelievable or what? I am glad I brought 2 outfits for each day and THANK GOD for POOLS!!!

Yes, the weather was perfect. There was a little rain here and there but it actually helped cool down the temps throughout the week.

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup: I, too, was a little concerned with Hollywood and Vine since I had read some of the responses to your original post. We have ADR for our Dec. trip and I've been responsible for picking all the restaurants for my family as well as my inlaws who are traveling with us. (and they are all sooooo picky!) So, THANKS, for the good review. I know the desert bar will be a BIG hit...who doesn't like desert? Hope you enjoyed your trip!

Thanks!! Glad I could help. Enjoy your dinner at Hollywood & Vine.

Dawneeeey
10-25-2007, 08:38 PM
So glad you liked it!! I loved this buffet when we ate there last year.

:thumbsup:

DREAMADREAM93
10-25-2007, 08:43 PM
i totaly agree with you!
H&V is an all time favorite for me(:

tiaramom
10-27-2007, 06:06 PM
We Dined Here For The Character Breakfast Last Month-
I Have Been Here Many Many Times And Always Enjoy It. Though This Breakfast Was Terrible- Eggs Where Dry -a S Was Most Everything. It Was Very Messy Inside ( Tables Etc). Fun For The Kids Though. I Havent Been For Dinner -s O I Can Not Comment On That. Im Glad So Many Of You Had A Great Time.