PDA

View Full Version : Thats it! It's all over for me..

Patricia
10-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Summer that is. :(

The flowers have taken a leave of their senses (scents). The trees ordered the leaves to the ground to cover and warm the cold grass ... and the patio umbrella has moved south to it's winter home in "Le Shed de Back yard".

I shall remain strong, and brave the mighty winter in all it's ugly, full bore force. It's a dirty, nasty, cold job..

but I'll wear gloves. :blush:

If you are really concerned and want to donate to my well being, send hot cocoa mix (preferably with Disney characters on the containers, love those, so cute!) Baileys and warm up hugs to:

Patricia
C/O bravethenorthernwinters.com

Thanks in advance for all your loyal support.

janmathatter
10-24-2007, 02:10 PM
I feel your pain Patti. Though here it is still unseasonably warm, it's the early darkness that drives me insane. I get a bad case of SAD (seasonal affective disorder) this time of year. We must forge ahead through the winter months until spring returns and so do I.

RicksCafe
10-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Well, patti, your thread title sent a wintry shivver through me, but I have to add that your post is one the most elegantly written posts I've seen on Intercot. Well done. :)

As far as advice for dealing with the cold? I prescribe sharing a hot tub with one or more Communists. That should do the trick.

Ricks (who is not now nor has he ever been a member of the Communist Party or the Association of Pool & Spa Professionals)

JPL
10-24-2007, 02:17 PM
I know the cure for both of you :D

Plan and trip to WDW and take me along for entertainment. The positive effects will start from the second you start planning. :mickey:

Side Effects may include
1. low bank account
2. uncontrolled fun
3. Extreme Depression upon return home
4. Strong urge to move South
5. Missing my company
6. uncontrolable urge to visit WDW again

Patricia
10-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Oh JP.. I'm not falling for that again! :nono:

I'm still have side effects from the trip last December.

You forgot to mention the #7 side effect:
-Placing Hidden Mickey's all over the house, only to be found by myself later (Surprise!) as a means of Experiencing the Magic.

:yay:

I do like Ricks hot tub idea.. maybe we should change the title to how much money will it take to get Patricia her own hot tub? :D

Chescat
10-24-2007, 02:41 PM
#8: the sore spots from the number of times he trips you in the park. :blush:

Cold weather, geez I wish we had some of that. Been in 90's but with smoke they are saying its more like 100 here. Can you send some of that cold rainy weather this way. :rain::freeze:

Patricia
10-24-2007, 02:49 PM

Haha.. I forgot about that one.
Hey, so why is it I owe him a massage? :confused:

Yeah.. it's 50º right now and although it didn't rain yesterday, it has been raining a lot and the rains will resume later today. Trust me, If I could send it to you I would.

janmathatter
10-24-2007, 03:11 PM
Side Effects may include
1. low bank account
2. uncontrolled fun
3. Extreme Depression upon return home
4. Strong urge to move South
5. Missing my company
6. uncontrolable urge to visit WDW again

Well this explains my extremely bad mood for the last few days. And I blamed it on spending the weekend with my mother.

And if Patti only moved to Minnesota, that would be south for her. Need to be more specific.

JPL
10-24-2007, 03:23 PM

There is no need for me to trip Patti in WDW she falls enough on her own to entertain me for the entire trip. :mickey:

WDWfanatic742
10-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Move down here Patti. It's a warm 85 degrees here :sun:

Tink's Mom
10-24-2007, 05:10 PM
:freeze: Brrrrrr! :freeze: Sounds like you could use the Baileys AND the hot tub!

varcity
10-24-2007, 05:49 PM

I am so doing this this weekend... ice man will back me on it, I just know it!

Patti, be glad your summer lasted as long as it did. Sadly for us student at LPC (my junior college), summer ended two months ago yesterday. Sad, yes, but I have come to terms with the still warm weather, but no swimming. :mickey:

Sigh, now I long for summer vacation again, thanks patti!

Patricia
10-24-2007, 06:22 PM
There is no need for me to trip Patti in WDW she falls enough on her own to entertain me for the entire trip.

:razz:

Seriously, I think JP trips me secretly (or arranges the hit) so he can pick me up and look like a hero. :strong:

wizardmickey
10-24-2007, 06:36 PM
varcity Quote:
Originally Posted by Chescat
#8: the sore spots from the number of times he trips you in the park.

I am so doing this this weekend... ice man will back me on it, I just know it!

You want me to help you do whaaaaat?!?!? You're saying we're gonna be attempting to trip people up whilest we party down in the Happiest Place on Earth?!?!?
That's just soooooo wrong....... :thedolls:

varcity
10-24-2007, 07:42 PM
You want me to help you do whaaaaat?!?!? You're saying we're gonna be attempting to trip people up whilest we party down in the Happiest Place on Earth?!?!?
That's just soooooo wrong....... :thedolls:

more me using you as my personal security when cat decides that after so many threats it is actually the right time to kill me :mickey:

cheshirecollector
10-24-2007, 07:55 PM
There's a cold "end of summer" wind blowing through Chicago now. It's the first time I had to get out my winter coat and gloves. No snow yet, but the first snow often comes in October.

Mr. Tom Morrow
10-24-2007, 11:31 PM
My condolences Patti:(

On a side note.... I'm looking forward to winter I want it to snow!! :ski::snowball:( and I have no idea why I must be losing it )

JPL
10-25-2007, 10:27 AM
Well as a teacher there is a side of me that always wants snow :snowball:. Nothing like waking up to a phone call saying School is closed :cloud9:

Well cold and rainy here today Patti must have ended summer all over the place :mad:

Chescat
10-25-2007, 02:17 PM
more me using you as my personal security when cat decides that after so many threats it is actually the right time to kill me :mickey:
You will never know when I will strike. :spy::spy:

Still summer here, unfortunately. I hope this is turning around in the next couple days.

Patricia
10-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Oops, it's raining in Jersey? I swear I'm directionally challenged. :blush: I was doing a rain dance for California.

Let me try again..:trio:

JPL
10-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Patti!!!!!!! Please stop you have now sent me 2 more days of rain and flood warnings :(

Patricia
10-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Oh gosh!

Sorry JP, I won't do that anymore. :(

it's getting colder here.. brrr

trackbarroness
10-25-2007, 07:55 PM
It actually felt cold here too, must have been all of that rain dancing that patti's been doing over the last couple of days. :D

WDWfanatic742
10-25-2007, 08:34 PM
Our first "cold" front came through today. It's certainly not cold cold, but it is very enjoyable to actually be outside again. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to our next cold front next year... :D

mickeytinkerbellprincess
10-25-2007, 10:13 PM
Patricia
C/O bravethenorthernwinters.com

How stupid can I be? :P Right now I just checked if that was a real site :shake:

Randypandy
10-26-2007, 01:25 AM
I live in florida and it was quite chilly today. i loved it though. :D We never get much cold weather until halloween. wish i could see what winter was really like. :snowman: you're best bet is to save up for a hot tub patti. either that or stock up on loads of hot chocolate,coffee and blankets and the occasional fireplace.lol

JPL
10-26-2007, 08:29 AM
wish i could see what winter was really like. :snowman:

Let me show you

:freeze::winter::snowball::freeze::snowball: :freeze:
I think that about sums it up :(

Oh and for all you Floridians 50 degrees does not warrant mittens and scarves. It's borderline shorts weather up here.

Patricia
10-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Ha! Cold in Florida? It is 25ºF here this morning. (That is -4ºC for my fellow Canadians.)

JP and I were having fun with people wearing parkas in WDW last December. I swear one lady even had ear-muffs on. If I could have taken her picture discreetly I would have.

janmathatter
10-26-2007, 12:01 PM
JP and I were having fun with people wearing parkas in WDW last December. I swear one lady even had ear-muffs on. If I could have taken her picture discreetly I would have.

Patti, you need to remove the word discreetly from your vocabulary. I would have paid money to see that picture.

WDWfanatic742
10-26-2007, 02:27 PM
It officially got to 71 degrees here yesterday. That is borderline freezing for this time of the year...

JPL
10-26-2007, 03:14 PM
It officially got to 71 degrees here yesterday. That is borderline freezing for this time of the year...

Better tell mom to pin the mittens on your parka so you don't lose them ;)

Patricia
10-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Patti, you need to remove the word discreetly from your vocabulary. I would have paid money to see that picture.

heh.. You'd have loved it. My son and I were in the line to get into Epcot.. she and her husband were standing in front of us. She not only had on ear muffs, but a full length down filled coat, mitts and boots. Her husband was equally over dressed.

I can admit it was a bit chilly, we actually had to pull out our hoodies and get a Viking coffee. But, down filled coats? :funny:

It was very funny to see people in parkas and others wearing shorts all in the same place.

JPL
10-29-2007, 08:43 AM
Ok well summer if definately over here it was 38 degrees when I woke up this morning :(

WDWfanatic742
10-29-2007, 11:46 AM
A balmy 80 degrees here :sun:

Patricia
11-01-2007, 02:22 PM
:freeze: I'm freezing. :freeze:

terri.m
11-01-2007, 02:38 PM
Me too Patti.

Wish i read this earlier, i would have got some disney cocoa for you.

When we left LA it was in the mid to hi 80's i believe. When we landed in Seattle it was in the mid to high 40's :freeze: On the drive home it went to 30.