PDA

View Full Version : Carry on question

rcaide
10-24-2007, 12:43 PM
This might be a dumb question but here goes. Can I put 3 glass water glasses in my carry on bag? I am headed to visit my sister this weekend and I picked up Shrek glasses for her at McD's during the promotion that she couldn't find in PA. I decided that I did not want to check a bag since I am only going to be there for 2 nights. I can't find anything on the TSA list that prohibits glass. Am I safe in assuming that it will be OK to bring the glasses on board? I didn't want to throw them away at the security check point. Thanks for your help:)

offwego
10-24-2007, 12:47 PM
I don't think there are any restrictions but you want to pack them in such a way that if you have to unpack them you can..if that can't be done it would be best to check them. have a good time!

vamaggie
10-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Glass should not be a problem but do not gift wrap them as I know they will usually make you unwrap presents. I would use bubble wrap and plastic bags so they are easy to take apart and put together again. I would also let the screeners know you have some glass in the bag so they are a little more gentle with it (hopefully!!!) Have a good trip and I hoe your sis enjoys the Shrek glasses--we LOVE ours!

faline
10-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Not a problem. It would only be a problem if you had liquid in the glass. We bought 4 steins and 1 beer glass on our Disney trip. All 5 glasses were packed in our carryone luggage for the trip home.

lovenmickey
10-24-2007, 03:02 PM
any know about bringing Peanut butter sandwhiches?? We have a 4:50pm flight and my son will want to eat - so I need to bring something but am afraid of those with peanut allergies.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-24-2007, 09:53 PM
I don't know about any "rules" against peanut butter, but as someone with a peanut allergy, I know that I can get uncomfortable when the person beside me pulls out peanuts or peanut products.

So, it is 100% up to you, if that is what DS will want to eat bring it along...but if there is something else he'll enjoy, I know that us peanut people will appreciate it.

Thanks so much for even asking! :mickey:

tinksmom02
10-24-2007, 10:44 PM
I don't know about any "rules" against peanut butter, but as someone with a peanut allergy, I know that I can get uncomfortable when the person beside me pulls out peanuts or peanut products.

So, it is 100% up to you, if that is what DS will want to eat bring it along...but if there is something else he'll enjoy, I know that us peanut people will appreciate it.

On our return flight (jetblue) they announced that someone was on board with a peanut allergy and asked everyone to refrain from eating peanut products.

nicole48040
10-24-2007, 11:58 PM
If you are talking about the glasses with the liquid in between then "no" you cannot have them in your carry on. It is the same as a snowglobe.

vamaggie
10-25-2007, 03:31 PM

We are traveling during meal times and I planned on a PB sandwich for DD(since it's really the only thing she will eat that is transportable). Our thought is to put her in the window seat to hopefullly not interact with anyone.

On our return flight (jetblue) they announced that someone was on board with a peanut allergy and asked everyone to refrain from eating peanut products.

I understand folks with allergies and the consequences they can experience but with airlines eliminating the food service on flights I really don't know how they can do this. Not meaning to be mean or unkind to anyone, just an opinion.