PDA

View Full Version : Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and CRT Combo-Plan

lauralemm
10-24-2007, 11:51 AM
We have been lucky enough to do CRT breakfast on both previous trips and we will do it again next trip-- it has its cons, but we like it and DD is 5, so she will still love it.

The BBB was not available in MK for our last trip. I am considering the following plans:

(Keep in mind we'll be at the POLY so we are within 10 min of MK)

1. On our first full day we always open MK, and we stay thru parade and then go back to the resort and then somewhere for dinner; usually we do Park Fare dinner that first night, and we dress up but we don't do Princess dresses. This year, maybe we could do the Boutique in late afternoon and then go to Park fare. This would probably mean no pool time or giving up the parade to have pool time before returning to MK for the Boutique. Our upsides would be that we could get fantastic pictures of our own at Grand Floridian with DD all "dolled up;" she would be getting dolled up at end of day so being hot and sweaty with her hairdo, etc would be less of an issue, and its early in the week and I think we would be less frustrated by giving up park time for the Boutique.

2. We will try to get CRT for a breakfast, and we usually try for the earliest seating possible, but if we do BBB then we would try to get the earliest BBB possible and a CRT shortly thereafter. How difficult is it to book this combo? How wel does it work out? The upside to doing this, of course, is that the Castle is the time we do wear a Princess dress to the park. So, its a logical time do this. Also, we will get that lovely photo packages that is included with the meal and DD will be all dolled up for it. And, it makes CRT a little more special. The downside is obviously the logistics (I am not sure how hard it is to get what you want re: BBB, so not sure how challenging that really is.) Also, we do not keep the princess get up on all day when we do CRT-- we usually change in the bathroom into regular clothes and I wipe off any play makeup that she wore to the meal because everyone enjoys the park more when everyone is wearing appropriate attire and no makeup! It would feel like a HUGE waste of money to have her do BBB, go to CRT, and then take it all off...

3. Not do BBB at all. DD can't read yet and doesn't even know about it. How pervasive is the marketing at the park? Our strategy is to just avoid things we don't want to do so we don't have to deal with it at all. (There is enough drama at Disney, why add to it?) Is it really that great?

Thanks for your thoughts and recommendations. We have plenty of time to plan-- going in June (first week.)

Thanks!

Beast_fanatic
10-24-2007, 03:17 PM
In response to #3, I don't think the marketing is all that pervasive, but you do see little princesses and their hair-dos all over the place (including some wearing the sash).

5fromabove
10-24-2007, 04:23 PM
I think it worked out great. We did BBB at 10am, then had lunch in the castle at noon. It allowed for a little time in-between to go on a couple Fantasyland rides. We saw the "real" Fairy Godmother right outside the castle too, so that was a great photo-op right after BBB. Our girls wore their dresses for most of the day, but ended up getting hot in late afternoon and took them off to go in the water at Ariels Grotto. I think it made it extra special to have them all dolled up at CRT. I don't think the marketing is that heavy, but you do see a lot of little princesses walking around with their pixie-dust hair and tiaras. :princess: If you can get the ressies, I'd definitely do the castle thing. Also, with the first seating at noon, our daughters ended up getting selected as "Honorary Princesses of the Day" and they got taken inside for some extra time with Cindy. It was very special. :) I'm sure whatever you decide will be great.

meldan98
10-25-2007, 11:54 AM
We have an 8:00am BBB and then 9:15 ADR at CRT on my daughter's 4th B-day with the middle package. My biggest concern is my daughter spilling all over herself during breakfast. I figured, we will just cover her with napkins and pray. We will bring clothes for her to change into. I'm guessing she'll be done being a princess by lunch, and we'll keep the hair and make-up, but just let her wear the sash.