PDA

View Full Version : Dining at Liberty Tree Tavern

BeccaO
10-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Has anybody dined at Liberty Tree Tavern recently??? I have always wanted to try it and every trip it seems to get pushed aside. Is it better to go for lunch or dinner??? How is the food and the service???

DDuck66
10-24-2007, 10:16 AM
We always try and eat there every trip. We ate there about two months ago and it was really nice. Just remember that it is a character meal for dinner only. Lunch has a ala cart menu, while dinner is strictly family service. As with all of the TS meals at WDW, we have had really good service and then so so service. It really depends on the waiter/waitress. The food has always been good and the character interaction has been excellent so we always come back.

faline
10-24-2007, 10:18 AM
The food is much better at lunch but you can only see the characters at dinner.

Dinner has a set menu. We ate there a couple of weeks ago and found the beef to be dry and salty with the other food somewhat bland.

GreenBeetle
10-24-2007, 10:19 AM
Most likely you will get responses from both sides of the fence here. My family loves Liberty Tree for dinner. We never miss it. We think the food is great - a Thanksgiving type feast - turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, veggies, salad (with fabulous dressing I might add) and warm cobbler with ice cream for dessert. :tasty: It's all you can eat served family style at the table. The character interaction is also great at dinner.

Oh, I wish I was there right now. :drama:

BriarRose0708
10-24-2007, 10:43 AM
I had a fun time at Liberty Tree. The characters were so much fun and probably the best interaction I've had at a character meal. The food, well that left something to be desired. But at the same time, if I wanted stellar food I would have gone somewhere else like Cali Grill. Hve fun!

elizabeth turner
10-24-2007, 10:52 AM
We were last there in June. It was very good with great service. I can't remember the servers name ( I do remember that he was from PA and my husband was disappointed that he was a stealers fan rather than an eagles fan:), but he was attintive and got us more or what ever we wanted right away. We were a party of 7. We were one of the first families to be seated for dinner service and saw each character more than once. The first time we were there we had a magical moment. We got to ring the bell to start dinner and got to be seated first at a table sprinkled with confetti. They also presented us with a magical moment certificate.:mickey:

TexasPrincessAurora
10-24-2007, 11:13 AM
The food is much better at lunch but you can only see the characters at dinner.

Dinner has a set menu. We ate there a couple of weeks ago and found the beef to be dry and salty with the other food somewhat bland.

I completely agree with Faline. The food and service is better at lunch. Even if you order the same thing you would get family style at dinner it is better at lunch. The characters would be the only reason to come at dinner, but having said that, the character interaction at LTT is great!

tiaramom
10-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Liberty Tavern Was Our Favorite Place To Dine At Mk Park. Though I Have To Be Honest Last Trip Oct 2007 ( Last Month).
It Was Terrible. The Highchair Was Filthy- Had To Ask Them To Clean It- ( I Mean Real Filthy- Not Just Crumbs).
I Was So Disapointed In The Waitress
She Wasnt Pleasent At All! Nasty !
The Food Was Dry ( Meats).
I Was So Angry - I Almost Told The Manager- But I Figured, Maybe It Was An Off Day. I Will Try It Again This Trip- And See What Happens. I Go There At Least 4 X A Year- And Never Had A Bad Time. Usually Very Good In Every Way.
The Interaction With Characters Were Good- Rushed This Time Too- Usually Very Good Interaction. I Was Surprised At That Too.
Give It A Try-

boo425
10-24-2007, 11:19 AM
I have eaten there both lunch and dinner and enjoyed the lunch much more...the characters are there only during dinner, but if you don't like Stouffers, you won't like dinner...for lunch (on DDP) we had the fried cheese appetizer (extremely delicious!), hamburgers, very big and juicy, and desserts that were excellent with the exception of the strawberry shortcake (biscuit was very dry).
Enjoy your trip!

mickeysworld
10-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Had lunch there in September and we really enjoyed our meal. The pot roast was delicous and the hot griddled pound cake was insanely good! The service left something to be desired but it was during free dining so the restaurant was really busy and I think our waitress was really stressed out! While I love character meals, the dinner menu just didn't get me too excited and so I'm very happy we tried lunch. Would definetely have lunch here again. Take a look at the menus, see what appeals to you and decide how important seeing Mickey and Minnie in their colonial gear is to you and go from there! Have fun planning!

DVC2004
10-24-2007, 11:41 AM
We've eaten here for lunch on several occassions. I love thier salad! We had one less than stellar experience over the years but mostly our service was excellent and it's a nice break from the park. I haven't tried it for dinner yet (character meal with family style dinner) but have heard good things.

DisneyDoug2
10-24-2007, 12:01 PM
On our last two trips to WDW we have ate here and its always been a good experiance. The charactors at dinner are more active then at Chef Mickey's.

May524
10-24-2007, 01:03 PM
This is one of our families favorite places to eat! My DH LOVES it! It's a must on every trip! We always go for dinner and have found everything great each trip and the character attention awesome :)

Mrs.Mya
10-24-2007, 01:10 PM
This is one of our families favorite places to eat! My DH LOVES it! It's a must on every trip! We always go for dinner and have found everything great each trip and the character attention awesome :)

I hope we feel this way also after we eat there for Thanksgiving dinner in a few weeks. We have never been to LTT and are looking forward to it.

GEAUX LSU TIGERS & SAINTS !!

IloveDisney71
10-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Most likely you will get responses from both sides of the fence here. My family loves Liberty Tree for dinner. We never miss it. We think the food is great - a Thanksgiving type feast - turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, veggies, salad (with fabulous dressing I might add) and warm cobbler with ice cream for dessert. :tasty: It's all you can eat served family style at the table. The character interaction is also great at dinner.

Oh, I wish I was there right now. :drama:
:exactly::ditto: I couldn't have said it better myself. This is one of my family's favorite places to eat.
The characters are great even if you don't have kids with you.

septembergirl
10-24-2007, 10:13 PM
DH and I ate at LTT in September and we really enjoyed it. The character interaction was great and we thought all the food was tasty. It is not gourmet but it was a very satisfying meal, IMO. We will eat there again. Next time I plan to try lunch just because I have heard so many good things about it.

I, too, wish I was there right now...:sad:

Jared
10-24-2007, 10:57 PM
Both meals at Liberty Tree Tavern are tasty and very different. Lunch is a traditional table service meal with classic American fare. Try the fried cheese appetizer.

I had dinner here for the first time two weeks ago and really enjoyed my meal. The character interaction was definitely above-average, and I liked the food. It's nothing too special, but the combination of turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes always works.

The warm rolls with honey butter and delicious dessert added to the experience.

:tasty:

Maleficent's Dad
10-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Another vote for the lunch menu here! :thumbsup:

But alas, my kids prefer the characters at dinner. We just don't find the food as good as it is during lunch.

LibertyTreeGal
10-25-2007, 04:43 PM
Lunch is incredible, and they used to have a fabulous kids menu with salmon on it. Now the kids menu is abysmal but the rest is the same. We'll be going back, but we'll be sharing with our kids off the adult's plates!

ElenitaB
10-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Just to clarify, the characters who appear at LTT at dinner are Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale (all in colonial garb). At lunch, the only characters are the ones in your party. ;)

We enjoy both experiences at LTT, just would never go again for Thanksgiving (waaaaay too crowded).

GrmGrninGost
10-25-2007, 07:37 PM
LTT for dinner is a can't miss for my family! We love the traditional Thanksgiving feast, and the characters are great! Also, the atmosphere and beauty of the restaurant are exceptional! :mickey:

chicade88
10-25-2007, 07:52 PM
We LOVE LTT! So much so that this is actually our only repeat for our upcoming trip. We only do sit-down dinners because otherwise we get sleepy during the day and we loved the turkey and ham and all the trimmings! Our FAVORITE meal!

JohnnyJayhawk
10-27-2007, 11:41 AM
We're on the bandwagon too. Even if we only make one ADR on a trip, we always go to LTT. We've never tried it at lunch, just the character meal, and we've always found the food to be terrific. It's hard, but save room for dessert.

luvdiznee
10-27-2007, 07:49 PM
We've only been for lunch and enjoyed it thoroughly. We chose lunch over dinner because "stouffers" didn't appeal to me. I could me just missing something, though. :mickey:

joanna71985
10-27-2007, 08:14 PM
I love LTT dinner!! I eat there at least once every trip. I love the food, and the characters are so cute in the colonial outfits.