PDA

View Full Version : Taping of Holiday parade...

one2goofy
10-24-2007, 09:05 AM
From what I can find, the taping of the parade will be 11/30 and 12/1, right?

What time do they tape? Is there a "safe" time to arrive at the MK and avoid the crowds on main street?

Do they do anything at the other parks that same weekend?

Thanks!

CanadianWDWFan
10-24-2007, 09:57 AM
All I can say is to avoid MK at all costs. It is completley NUTS!!! We tried it back in 2005 and you couldn't even get up Main Street!

We turned around and left for Epcot. We had a great day there.

The other parks all have smaller crowds on taping day. Nothing else is done outside of MK.

Main Street Jim
10-24-2007, 09:58 AM
Arrive at MK late in the day. Taping usually goes til about 11am-12pm, maybe later if the weather doesn't cooperate. The afternoon parade will run a little later than usual, usually around 4pm.

If you do come into the park earlier, take the train to get around the crowds on Main Street. :thumbsup:

one2goofy
10-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Thank you!!:mickey:

Main Street Jim
10-24-2007, 10:27 AM
I forgot to mention: the train stops at Frontierland (your closest stop for Adventureland and Liberty Square) and Mickey's ToonTown Fair (your closest stop for Tomorrowland and Fantasyland).

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

JPL
10-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Just another warning if you agree to participate in the parade taping you are there from start to finish. You can't decide in the middle I've had enough I want to go ride POTC. I heard horror stories from people who participated in the taping in DLR.

LandFan
10-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Is the taping 11/30 and 12/1? Those are the last two days of our trip and it would be good to know so I can avoid it!

Hayden's Dad
10-24-2007, 04:19 PM
We have reservations for CRT for lunch at 1:20. We have breakfast reservations at Chef Mickey's @ 9:20 Could we take the train around to toontown and spen the morning there and in Fantasyland and avoid most of the crowd or should we avoid MK until lunch time. After lunch we will probably leave MK and go to another park we were planning to do that anyway. Thanks.

BRJARE3
10-25-2007, 03:39 PM
We have a 10:15 am appt at the BBB in MK on the 1st for my daughter. It is her 5th birthday that day. I hope we are going to be able to get to the castle. From the way people are talking, it is going to be a tight crowd. Oh well. We have no choice. Hopefully once we get through Main Street, we will be clear to go on the rides.

Hayden's Dad
10-25-2007, 04:21 PM
It sounds like you may want to take the train around to toontown and then come back through there and fantasy land to go to the boutique from the backside. I am not looking forward to fighting the crowds down Main St. We have an lunch ADR w/ CRT on the 30th

LibertyTreeGal
10-25-2007, 04:33 PM
Good grief! We have an ADR at LTT at 3pm on that saturday, no wonder I couldn't get it switched to an earlier time. What exactly is the parade route? It is through Liberty Square or do they follow another route?

Is the rest of the park empty, or is it super crowded during the actual taping?

Main Street Jim
10-29-2007, 10:16 AM
The parade route is the normal route; however, the actual video is shot between the Castle and the train station on Main Street. The floats and performers will ride through the park, a few at a time (it's not like a normal parade where it's all run at once), they'll shoot a few takes coming down Main Street, and then when they decide they've run enough floats for that day, they're done (usually around 11am-12pm). Main Street is/will be INSANELY crowded, and the street is/has been roped off so that you almost HAVE to take the train in the morning. Since that's the weekend after Thanksgiving (I believe), it may be crowded.

Another issue: ToonTown itself doesn't open for an hour until after the park opens (if the park opens at 9am, TTF opens at 10am), and it's closed/roped so that you can't get to Fantasyland by cutting through ToonTown. You'll have to take the walkway down and around past the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway, through Tomorrowland, then up to Fantasyland.

We have a 10:15 am appt at the BBB in MK on the 1st for my daughter. It is her 5th birthday that day. I hope we are going to be able to get to the castle.My suggestion: get to the park somewhat early and take the train around the corwds to ToonTown (second stop). Don't walk through the turnstiles any later than 9:30am.

heidi614
11-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Just get there early, take the train to Toontown and walk behind the castle by Dumbo to enter the castle you should be fine!!!!:mickey:

Bethis26fan
11-04-2007, 08:09 PM
We have an ADR at Crystal Palace at 8:05 on the 30th. I hope we won't have any problems getting around when we come out.

Main Street Jim
11-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Could we take the train around to toontown and spend the morning there and in Fantasyland and avoid most of the crowd or should we avoid MK until lunch time.Yes, you can take the train to ToonTown, but keep in mind that ToonTown won't open until an hour after the "normal" park opening. MK *should* be opening at 8am anyways for regular day guests that weekend.

We have an ADR at Crystal Palace at 8:05 on the 30th. You should be fine coming into the park, but I would suggest taking your time to eat, finishing up at around 9:45-10:00am, then head through Adventureland. Main Street will still be packed with parade taping until about noonish.

Cookie123
11-05-2007, 04:46 PM
The parade is usually taped the first weekend in December. MOST LIKELY this year's dates will be 11/30 and 12/01. If the weather is REALLY bad for that weekend they will probably choose the next weekend.

Goes4FastPass
11-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Can we NOT have Regis and Kelly this year or at least get them better contacts so they can read the teleprompter?

The
Magic
we
Feel is...
is...
now over to...
those kids from
High, uh high
School, uh
High School Mutual or something

They were horrible.

lindique
11-05-2007, 05:41 PM
I just got my Mickey Monitor in the mail (publication for Passholders). They have an article about the parade taping, and state that it's going to be on November 30. They also invited Passholders to sign up at the Passholder site to be in the audience. I just tried it - and it's full already. The article justs says that portions are going to be taped on November 30 - maybe more will happen on December 1.

TheRustyScupper
11-06-2007, 12:39 PM
From what I can find, the taping of the parade will be 11/30 and 12/1, right?
. . . correct
. . . taping is always one day and a partial day

What time do they tape? Is there a "safe" time to arrive at the MK and avoid the crowds on main street?
. . . to be safe, arrive 24-hrs later
. . . always avoid Main Street
. . . it is worse than shoulder-to-shoulder
. . . lots of people want their 3-seconds of fame

JPL
11-06-2007, 01:19 PM
IThey also invited Passholders to sign up at the Passholder site to be in the audience. I just tried it - and it's full already. The article justs says that portions are going to be taped on November 30 - maybe more will happen on December 1.

It was full in about 6 hours

Bethis26fan
11-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Yes, you can take the train to ToonTown, but keep in mind that ToonTown won't open until an hour after the "normal" park opening. MK *should* be opening at 8am anyways for regular day guests that weekend.

You should be fine coming into the park, but I would suggest taking your time to eat, finishing up at around 9:45-10:00am, then head through Adventureland. Main Street will still be packed with parade taping until about noonish.

Thanks, I hope we will be albe to get out ok we were planning on leaving around 1:00

taradon
11-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Does anyone know when the taped parade will be broadcast? I'm sure my daughter would just love to see that - and it would help us all get more ramped up for our trip in January! (Not that we need the help :D )

Goes4FastPass
11-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Shown Christmas Morning with the worst possible hosts again: Regis and Kelly.

"That sure put me in a holiday mood. Now lets head over to Typhoon Legroom with those crazy cats from the...uh... musical high school are making jamming with the beach. Later we'll join the cast of the ABC hit series Terror Highwives as they visit the Desperate Tower at Disney Studios MGM Studios... here on ABC!"

"Thanks, Reeg. I want to wish all of our viewers a verry merry, uh, uh, Hold the card still. Christmas!"

LibertyTreeGal
11-14-2007, 12:14 PM
last year's parade was awful -- it was like a big commercial... URGH.

taradon
11-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Hmmmm... maybe if we watch it with the sound on mute? ;)

Strmchsr
11-14-2007, 02:46 PM
If you're actually at the parks on the parade taping days (which I will be for the 4th or so time this year), remember what the skies look like, then watch the skies when the parade is actually aired. Having been in broadcasting, I tend to notice these things, but in 2004 they taped the parade on Friday as a cold front came through. The whole day was blustery and overcast. They did more parade taping on Saturday, which was partly cloudy. When I watched the parade on Christmas morning the skies were bright blue with a few puffy clouds. Ah, the magic of television. ;)

CaraMiaO3
11-14-2007, 03:00 PM
We go to WDW the first weekend of December every year. And every year the taping is scheduled for the day we are at Magic Kingdom. We have found the best thing to do is to go into the first shop on Main Street and walk through all the shops rather then on the street itself. We avoid alot of the traffic and get around the castle in no time. While tons of people are trying to get a place to watch the taping we hit Fantasy land and Tomorrowland.

Once the taping is done then the "lands" get really crowded. But before that time it is manageable.