PDA

View Full Version : Rain ponchos?

JerseyWDWfan
10-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Where's the best place to get them?

We live in NJ - anyone fellow Jerseyans know where?

Kristina:stitch2:

AwPhooey
10-24-2007, 07:57 AM
WalMart has a decent selection... some are of real good quality but heavy, so if you wear them in the summer they get quite hot. Others aren't as good but they're very lightweight.

I have a heavier one but before my next trip I'm going to buy a lightweight one, too, and bring them both.

crazykids
10-24-2007, 08:32 AM
We got ours at Target for $0.99 each & they came in many different colors. They held up pretty good too, not one of them ripped & we used them on a few different days during our trip.

tiaramom
10-24-2007, 08:44 AM
I Bought Ours At The Pop Century Resort. They Are Great! I Didnt Mind Spending The Money Then, I Used Them At Least 3 Trips Since. Toddler And 2 Adults And A Unbrella Cost Us 30 $
Like I Said I Got My Moneys Worth After 3 Trips. They Are Durable- And Yes , They Do Get Hot In There- But I Use It Only For Those Heavy Downpours...
Hey It Works...

JuicyMoose17
10-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Target!

brownie
10-24-2007, 09:47 AM
Get the emergency ponchos that cost about $1 and will fit in a pocket. They come in kids and adult sizes. You can find them at the checkouts or in the camping/sporting goods sections at Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc.

goofiecrazy
10-24-2007, 10:18 AM
I have gotten mine at Target for 5 bucks.

DVC2004
10-24-2007, 11:38 AM
I agree- Target at home and bring them with. You can get the ones at the parks wth Mickey on them, but those run $7-$9 if I remember correctly.

tinksmom02
10-24-2007, 10:28 PM
January trip we bought the heavy ones at Walmart. Good quality, but VERY heavy to drag around.

September trip I bought a bunch, some at the $1 aisle in Target, others at Dollar Tree. They were very lightweight (you get what you pay for, right?), but we ended up not using them at all. We just happened to be in a covered area each time it rained! I think we used one to cover the stroller at one point.

So my suggestion is to hit Target and your local dollar stores!

mickey-mouse35
10-24-2007, 10:45 PM
I get the lightweight ones 2 for $1 at Dollar Tree and throw away after using

MsMin
10-25-2007, 12:43 AM
My dd picked some up before we left from Walmart and they were LSU ponchos for about $4 each- Not too heavy but not too thin. We used them for Splash Mnt b/c we didn't want to get wet but we were fortunate that we avoided rain during our stay.
We enjoyed wearing the team colors b/c it's amazing how many ppl from your area recognize you and give a friendly cheer :cheer: or wave.
If you have a favorite team it can be fun to wear and less expensive than the WDW ponchos.

JerseyWDWfan
10-25-2007, 01:11 PM
So my suggestion is to hit Target and your local dollar stores!

Ah- Dollar Tree - good suggestion.

Kristina:)

End_User-X
10-29-2007, 09:14 PM
I can second the local fans giving you cheers and stuff. I wore my LSU t-shirt the day after they won the Florida game (we went Oct. 6-12th this year). I had quite a few thumbs up and even a lady slapped me on the shoulder and said "go gators!" lol

NJRRK
10-30-2007, 05:24 PM
I don't know where in NJ you are but you could also check Ramsey Outdoor, there are a couple of them in Northern NJ.

They have the medium weight and heavy weight ones at excellent prices.