PDA

View Full Version : Late flight

Cindy'smom
10-24-2007, 07:48 AM
We are considering a SW flight that doesn't arrive into MCO until 12:15 am. Does anyone have any experience with Magical Express and resort check in during the wee hours of the morning? Any advice?

disneycouple2004
10-24-2007, 08:51 AM
We arrived late because of a flight delay, it was about 1am...we decided to get our own luggage and head down to the ME desk..good thing we did because they didn't have anyone to get our luggage, but they did have a bus and a driver so we went right on to the resort no problems, they have improved alot since then so i would not worry about it at all.:thumbsup:

MidnTPK
10-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Even though you'd be checking in after midnight, you'd still have to pay for that night (even if you don't get to your room until 3 AM). For most hotels, the new day doesn't start until 6 or 7 am.

One possibility I'd suggest researching is staying at the Hyatt in MCO that night. Once you get in, your group could go right to the room at the airport. I'm not sure how that would work with ME the next morning, but I'm sure Disney would be accommodating.

faline
10-24-2007, 09:03 AM
We had a late flight into MCO a couple of weeks ago. We chose to pick up our own luggage because we wanted to be sure we had it when we got up.

There were plenty of other late travelers arriving at the same time.

The line was Magical Express was short and it only took us a few minutes to get on the bus. However, once we were on the bus, we sat there, without moving for 35 minutes! Therefore, it was around 1 a.m. when we arrived at our resort - Pop Century.

I looked into staying at the Hyatt at the airport. Pop Century costs a lot less!

Cindy'smom
10-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Thank you for your replies. My objective is going to be to get to POFQ that night/morning no matter how late. I realize I'm still paying for that night. This is an attempt to eek out a few more vacation moments. This way we can sleep in and then just hang out at the resort/pool on what would have been our arrival day, and perhaps go to Hoop Dee Doo that evening. We are usually pretty wiped out on travel day no matter what time we arrive. We will be rested and fresh and ready to hit the parks bright and early the next morning. So this is almost like getting an extra vacation day! :thumbsup:

Beast_fanatic
10-24-2007, 03:20 PM
As far as checking in at the resort when you arrive late, we did this earlier this month. We arrived and there was one person behind the check-in desk, but he was doing something else. He noticed us (I said something to my husband so he'd notice our presence), and opened a door to the back and another person came out. They had our entire packet ready for us, and the only thing he had to do was re-cut our keys to add charging privileges against our credit card. It was the quickest and smoothest check-in that we've ever had. I'm not positive, but it may be because we had Magical Journeys note that we would be arriving late.

Cindy'smom
10-24-2007, 03:42 PM
Rhonda,

Thank you for the tip.;) I'm using Magical Journeys as well. I'll ask Wendy to add that message to our reservation once I have the flight booked. Glad to hear late night check in was super smooth for you.

Does anyone know, is there a certain hour that Magical Express stops running (in the event that our late flight is even later)?

Beast_fanatic
10-24-2007, 05:59 PM
If they know that you are coming (because you have a reservation), then they are supposed to be there for you. There's a number in the information you get with the luggage tags that you can call if for any reason there isn't anyone there when you arrive (although I don't expect that to happen to you).

Ian
10-24-2007, 07:30 PM
I would definitely recommend asking Wendy to call them and let them know you're arriving very late.

I've checked in very late a few times and the first time I didn't let them know I was getting in late. Somehow, they had cancelled my entire ressie and it was a real hassle (at 2AM no less) to get it squared away.

After that, whenever I know I'm going to be coming in very late, I always call ahead.

Tez
10-31-2007, 12:10 PM
DME is there for late travelers. When you get your packet from DME you will need to call and give flight numbers and arrival times.

I would make sure to pick up your luggage at that time of night. 1) you make sure everything has arrived and 2) then bell service will not bother you in the middle of the night delivering your luggage.