10-24-2007, 05:44 AM
When: October 4 – 15, 2007

Monday, October 8, 2007

Plan for the Day:
Disney Studios
Dinner Liberty Tree Tavern
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party

What Actually Happened:
Today starts off partly cloudy but quite nice.

We once again make coffee and have coffee along with fruit and nut bars on our patio.

There’s a long wait for the Disney Studios bus today. While waiting, we see two buses for every other location including Downtown Disney. When our bus finally arrives, it’s full to the brim as we pull away from the Lodge.

Consequently, it’s close to 10:30 a.m. when we arrive at the park. Our first step is to get a fast pass for Tower of Terror.

We bypass the High School Musical performance to get to the Great Movie Ride which only has a five minute wait. Following that, we take in Sounds Dangerous and then visit one of the little sound booths on the way out.

It’s now time for our Tower of Terror fast pass so we grab one for Rock n’ Roller Coaster before heading to Tower of Terror.

Once we’ve returned to this dimension, we decide to satisfy our tummies so we head over to the Tune In Lounge. Gene orders the meat loaf while I order the green salad – along with onion rings! Will power only goes so far, you know?!

We head to Indiana Jones but it looks like we’ve arrived about five minutes too late. Instead, we wait about five minutes for Star Tours.

They’ve already started the pre-show when we walk into Muppet Vision 3-D but the show is still fun, a usual. Lights, Motors, Action won’t have another showing until 4:30 so we wander through a few shops before our final Disney Studios ride of the day.

We use our Rock n’ Roller fast passes and end up in row 1 – the first time I’ve ever sat up front!

Back at the bus stop, we find ourselves in line behind the same family who was in line behind us as the bus stop the night before at the Epcot bus stop! Fortunately, it doesn’t take very long for a bus to arrive.

Once back in our room, we change into our costumes for the evening. I’m going as Tinker Bell though I decide to forego the wings and Gene is Captain Hook which he will be again this week!

We don’t wait very long for a Magic Kingdom bus and, in fact, are the only two on board for the ride there!

We have a 5 p.m. reservation for dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. With our party bracelets and trick or treat bags, we head to the restaurant. On our way, they announce the Magic Kingdom will be closing at 7 p.m. today for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and that tickets are still available – not a sell out! Yay!

We’re seated within minutes of checking in and, as we’re from Massachusetts, we’re announced as coming from “Salem, Massachusetts”! More in line with the festivities, I guess!

The food is bland – the beef is tough and salty and the rest is nothing is rave about. The characters and cast members, however, are wonderful. Our server is efficient and attentive. We see Chip, Dale, Goofy, Minnie, and Pluto (though not in that order). (We had made this reservation before the official schedule of Intercot events was announced which is why we did not make another reservation at this location for the Friday party.)

Leaving the restaurant, we head directly to the Haunted Mansion which is a walk-on. I love the changes! Great job!

In addition to that, we’re able to see Mickey’s Philharmagic (also a walk on) and Snow White’s Scary Adventures (another walk-on) and take in an uncrowded viewing of Dream Along with Mickey – all between 6 and 7 p.m.!

The park is now closed to non party-goers and we intend to cut through Adventureland. Along the way, we stumble across a Meet n Greet location and decide to go in. While waiting on line, we discover the same family from the bus stop is in line several families behind us! What are the chances?!

We take a ride on Pirates. I now make my first purchase of the trip – a party t-shirt and a CD. By the time we leave the shop, it’s only fifteen minutes until the first parade. Surprisingly, we find a great spot in Frontierland!

Shortly before the parade begin, the Headless Horseman flies by – very cool! Gene gets a wonderful shot! The parade is wonderful – love the gravediggers!

Gene wants more candy but he’s lost his trick or treat bag so I give him mine. We go to a couple of trick or treat spots and are able to pick up a bag to replace the lost one.

As we pass the Castle on our way to find more Trick or Treat spots, we realize the Villain’s Mix and Mingle show is about to start so we stop and watch.

By time that’s over, it’s getting close to time for the Happy Hallowishes fireworks so we find a spot along Main Street to watch. Fabulous!

We get a chance to ride Winnie the Pooh – only a 10 minute wait – and hit another trick or treat spot before finding another spot in Frontierland for the second parade.

A second sighting of the Headless Horseman is followed by the second parade. We’re by the Country Bears Jamboree so we’re able to cut through Adventureland, down Main Street, and cut across the circle and out of the park before the parade reaches that location.

There are some more trick and treat locations outside the gates which we hit on the way to the bus stop.

We wait about 10 minutes for the bus. When most of the seats are occupied, our driver leaves so we have a most comfortable ride back to resort – arriving around 11:30 p.m.!

There was no rain this day nor would there be any for the rest of our trip!

17.79 miles is the total for this week thus far!
9.62 miles today!

ChipnDaleGal
10-24-2007, 07:35 AM
Sounds like you had a great time at MNSSHP, Linda. It is such a fun event. I came home with that CD as well this trip. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

Beach Club Babe
10-24-2007, 08:47 AM
Sounds like another wonderful day, Linda! I'm glad to hear the rain has ended!

offwego
10-24-2007, 09:44 AM
Glad your weather cleared up for you!

Did you get a chance to see the castmembers "speaking" outside of HM. At one point during our party there was someone acting out a storyline from the "lawn" in front of the mansion.

I really loved the party & it's so much fun hearing about everyone else enjoying it! Thanks for making my day!

youngOx96
10-24-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm glad to hear that the rain cleared out for you. One of these days I'll have to make to one of these hard ticket parties. I'm hoping to get to a P&P in January - we'll see.

faline
10-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Did you get a chance to see the castmembers "speaking" outside of HM. At one point during our party there was someone acting out a storyline from the "lawn" in front of the mansion.

Missed that but it sounds like it would have been really cool!

AbeeNormal
10-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Sounds like you had a great time at MNSSHP. :bat:

I'm glad Gene got a new Trick-or-Treat bag.:pumpkin:

I think that's sound like a party not to be missed October 2008 it is. :mpumpkin::mpumpkin:

MauiMouse
10-24-2007, 03:03 PM
Linda, sounds like you had a great day today. Glad to hear that Gene got a replacement candy bag. Sorry to hear that you didn't particularly care for Libert Tree Tavern food.

pdrlkr
10-24-2007, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
10-25-2007, 12:37 AM
I have to agree with you Linda, LTT is a must NOT return for us. The food is blah, but you are so right about the CM and characters, but I hate to pay all that money just to see the characters. Nope, ain't doin' it!!

So glad to hear the rain clouds disappeared.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip. :mickey:

TBY2225
10-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Glad to hear you enjoyed MNSSHP! Also glad to hear about the rain being gone!

sleepingbooty
10-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Oh, the party sounds like so much fun - wish I was there!

ElenitaB
10-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Another great day... you and Gene sure manage to get a LOT done each day! Thanks for taking us along.

Bethis26fan
10-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Sounds like a great party. Thanks for shairng.

DizNee143
10-29-2007, 12:28 PM
another nice day...sounds like you guys are having a realy great time!! :mickey:

DisneyorBust
11-01-2007, 09:10 AM
Glad to read that you finally had a day without rain! MNSSHP is a great time, thanks for sharing the report with us!